Ramzi Method Gender Guesses

EOOSTHOEK84

Reaction score
Just had our first ultrasound (transvaginal) on 9/18 at 8 weeks 2 days. Just wanting to see everyone's thoughts on the gender based on the Ramzi method- it's sort of confusing to me! :)

Attachments

• Ultrasound.jpg
    Ultrasound.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Ultraound 2.jpg
    Ultraound 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Ultrasound 3.jpg
    Ultrasound 3.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 61
Based on the fact that it's a transvaginal scan the picture shows your uterus as it is, unlike a transabdominal scan where the picture is the mirror image of your uterus.

The Ramzi Method says that 97% of the time, your 6 week scan will accurately refect the gender when the placenta is on the:
RIGHT :blue:
LEFT :pink:

Your scan shows the placenta are on the right. So it's a boy. :) Mazeltov!

The ramzi method talks about the placement of the placenta where its going to form. I'm not entirely sure if I am reading the placenta location correctly but I think its leaning to the left so I say girl :)

i've had both intra and trans u/s and the baby has been on the same side for both of mine. I'm pretty sure they don't switch depending on which way you do the u/s it's like a baby being in a balloon. you look at it from underneath it will be on the same side as when you look at it from the front.

Anymore thoughts? Got 1 boy, 1 girl. I'm confused on how to tell where the placenta is. Any ideas?

i've had both intra and trans u/s and the baby has been on the same side for both of mine. I'm pretty sure they don't switch depending on which way you do the u/s it's like a baby being in a balloon. you look at it from underneath it will be on the same side as when you look at it from the front.

No it wouldn't be? If you looked under the balloon, and the baby was on the right hand side, then when you looked at it from the top, it would be on the left.

If you stick a sticker on a car window and then you look at the car window from the outside if the car, and the sticker is on the left, then when you get IN the car and look at the window, the sticker would be on your right. Wouldn't it?

Right flubdub. You can always ask your sonographer to tell you which side the placenta is on and show you what they are doing.

Here is an example of a transabdominal scan. You can see that the uterus is a mirror image:
https://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/alsestis/Ultrasound%20Gender%20Prediction/wishfulxx_us.jpg

cckarting: It is possible that your placenta moved between scans. You might have a placenta on the right at your six week scan which has moved to the left by your eighth week scan. But more likely the fetus had just moved but the placenta stayed in the same place. The Ramzi method is based on the implantation of the placenta, and that can confuse a lot of people.

This blog has a really good explanation of it, if I was confusing:
https://www.geekinheels.com/2011/04/26/the-gender-guessing-game.html

In this picture, our doctor pointed out the umbilical cord (white line on bottom) and showed us the blood passing through it. However, I still don't know where the placenta is (left, right, top, bottom, front, back, etc.). So confusing to me haha

Attachments

• Ultrasound 1.jpg
    Ultrasound 1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 27
Depending on how they position the wand the placenta can appear on the top or bottom. I marked what I think is the placenta on your scans. I would guess based on your first and third pictures that the placenta is on the right. Maybe you can ask your doctor at your next visit. Mine was rather amused by the Ramzi method and humored me. :)

Attachments

• Ultrasound%201.jpg
    Ultrasound%201.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Ultrasound%203.jpg
    Ultrasound%203.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 8
Depending on how they position the wand the placenta can appear on the top or bottom. I marked what I think is the placenta on your scans. I would guess based on your first and third pictures that the placenta is on the right. Maybe you can ask your doctor at your next visit. Mine was rather amused by the Ramzi method and humored me. :)

Thank you! What you circled is exactly what I was thinking was the placenta, but wasn't sure. Naturally, I saw all this stuff about the Ramzi method the day after we went to the doc haha but I do plan to ask on the 16th when we go back for our 12 week scan :)

Thanks so much for your input!

Keep me updated, I'm curious if I got it right!

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af178/cckarting/IMG_5453_zpsdeb173fc.jpg This is the intra ultrasound at 7 weeks

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af178/cckarting/IMG_5454_zpsb3a5a667.jpg this is just a belly ultrasound at 10 weeks.

Any ideas on gender?

Any ideas on gender?

I would guess that is a girl based on transvaginal u/s with placenta on the left. You can ask your doctor at your next appointment to show you where the placenta is on that scan, he probably has more pictures he kept for your file. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5453_zpsdeb173fc.jpg
    IMG_5453_zpsdeb173fc.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 18
i really hope it's a girl! we have two boys who are dying for a sister. all other "methods" say girl too. I'm hoping there all right. I've done the baking soda test, chinese calendar, gendermaker, ring test, about everything i can think of and have all said girl. So i hope your right! Thanks mighty we'll know in 7 weeks :)

Never heard of this methods before, guna have a read up on it now ..

Hiya,

This is my scan at 7+3.

It was a vaginal scan so I am guessing a girl, is that correct?

:flower:

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 15
wow ive never heard of this method before!... deffo gonna have to look it up...

I had mine done at 7 weeks and it was a abdominal scan, and i believe placenta on the image is to the right, so if your flip it over its on the left and so its a girl???

is that correct :/ haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->