Ramzi Method Gender Guesses

Just one more question MightyMom. I have attached an image of the placentra from my abdominal scan. I know the placenta is posterior and from what I can tell on the image if that is the case and the baby's legs are hanging out the right hand side there (in the image) would that mean the placenta is sitting on the left? Or am I clutching at straws?

I promise I will leave you alone after this! :winkwink:

ps it isn't for Ramzi theory just seeing if I can read a scan!

A posterior placenta means it sits on the front of your uterus instead of the back. I circled the placenta on your scan, it is the large bundle of blood vessels on the left. The baby's feet are on the right. At this point the placenta is too large to see exactly where it implanted (left or right side). Now it is sitting in the front. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
Actually a posterior placenta is on the back side of your uterus! An anterior is on the front. I've had two previous posterior placentas and have an anterior one this time!

But thank you so much MightyMom for circling all these placentas and their sides! It confirmed for me that mine is in fact on the left at my 6 week transvaginal scan! And it's on the right on my 8 weeks abdominal scan, so mirror imaged!

Very excited to see if this theory proves to be correct for us!

Ack, you're right! Thank you ZandT! I know better. It's like all that medical training just goes out the door sometimes! Stupid baby brain. :p

please help me too... its my 6week1day scan.. i m really excited.. try ramzi analysis.. its transabdominal scan.. one thing more.. it has triangle in left with 3 cornes tip-G, Rt corner -R and left corner-P.. what does it signify.. thanks in advance.. friends..:hugs:

Attachments

• 25092012595.jpg
    25092012595.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 18
please mark which is placenta... and one thing more gyne placed the tip of usg on right side of uterus, i got implantation pain too on right side on 23rd august.. surely.. i noted it.. does it matter? i cramp on left side whenever i get up.. do u know what it signifies..

That is a very low resolution photo, so it is difficult to make out the structures. I took a guess, although I'm not sure. The placenta seems to be on the bottom since the sonographer placed the wand on your right side. But I would hazard a guess that it could be on the right side, so it would be a girl. But this isn't the greatest scan pic to get a guess, sorry.

If you got O-pain on your right, that is probably the ovary that released the egg. It doesn't make a difference for gender determination. Cramping more or less on one side doesn't mean anything either. I don't know what the GRP means on the display, each scan machine is different.

Attachments

• 25092012595.jpg
    25092012595.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 11
Ack, you're right! Thank you ZandT! I know better. It's like all that medical training just goes out the door sometimes! Stupid baby brain. :p

I hope I didn't come off rude! I realized after that saying "Actually" like that can be taken as being snarky! Whoops! Sorry!

But since I wandered back in here, I thought I'd post mine for fun and have you a wager a guess.. And see if I was actually way off! I've had someone else tell me they believe left, but I wouldn't mind seeing what you circle. :happydance:

Here is be, 6weeks 3day transvaginal scan!
https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k512/ChantayaR/Baby3-1.jpg

thank u mighty mom.. i m so happy.. i ll try to put nice pic in next week as i do not have gud camera at moms place.. its mobile camera by which pic was taken..

ive been reading alot about this...

If you got a Transvaginal scan done, its the most accurate, because usually the cervix is at the bottom of the scan image!... but if you had abdo scan done, you need to know the placement of where your cervix actually is, because if your image is upside down aswell as mirrored, this will lead to incorrect diagnosis of boy or girl...

The Ramzi theory works very well aslong as you know exactly where the cervix is and can pinpoint the chronic villi (which at 6 weeks is just a collection of blood vessels, that at around 8-9weeks turns into the placenta)

The chronic villi can be detected on the 2-D black image by a white area.

Hope this helps someone :)

Mightmom please can you look at mine and see what you think? It was taken at 6w 1 day transvaginal. The sonographer marked the yolk scan and fetus but not the placenta.
Thanks so much! :)

peanut 6 w 1 day.jpg

hann do you have a more zoomed out picture... its easier to make out when you can see further away :)

Oh but they have for some reason turned 90 degrees to the side!! Turn the computer around so that you are looking at them with the fetus to the right if that makes sense?

photo-40.jpg

just trying to see if this works to get it the right way round!

That is a very low resolution photo, so it is difficult to make out the structures. I took a guess, although I'm not sure. The placenta seems to be on the bottom since the sonographer placed the wand on your right side. But I would hazard a guess that it could be on the right side, so it would be a girl. But this isn't the greatest scan pic to get a guess, sorry.

If you got O-pain on your right, that is probably the ovary that released the egg. It doesn't make a difference for gender determination. Cramping more or less on one side doesn't mean anything either. I don't know what the GRP means on the display, each scan machine is different.

check new pic.. is it better

Attachments

• new pic-6week.jpg
    new pic-6week.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 8
I read on the Internet that it doesn't work after the 8 week mark ? Is that correct or is it 6 weeks? X

They have no data to corroborate anything past 6 weeks. So the assumption is that the placenta can move, and there may be measuring errors, so after 8 weeks the Ramzi method does not have any data to support placenta position theory. So yes, after 8 weeks would be a good assumption. No baby measures perfectly twice in a row, so I would estimate an error + or - 1 or 2 weeks.

Ahh thanks! I got a scan 6 + 5 , I'm goin to ask wee the placenta is and see if I can get a picture and see what people on here think x

I'm intrigued by this, but didn't get any pics this time :dohh:
From what I remember, the vaginal one showed baby on the same side as my sons pic.
Here are the pics of my boy from 2010 anyway. Top pic is 8w abdominal... bottom pic is 6w vaginal.. Do they tally up to the method?

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/9864458E-8E17-4EBC-8376-83ADA4931A57-1746-0000021372A597BE.jpg

I hope I didn't come off rude! I realized after that saying "Actually" like that can be taken as being snarky! Whoops! Sorry!

Pffffbbbttt! You didn't come off snarky. :)

I'm guessing that yours is on the left, so a girl. :)

Attachments

• Baby3-1.jpg
    Baby3-1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 16
It has phew!

It looks right to me, so a boy. :)

For the record, everyone knows that I am guessing right? It's really much easier to just ask the sonographer if they made a note of it or if they can tell you from the picture. :) They are able to see blood flow using the doppler feature on the machine. I'm guessing based on the yolk sac placement and what looks like a bundle of blood vessels, but I'm not a sono-tech. (I just didn't want anyone thinking I'm an OB or something!)

Attachments

• photo-40.jpg
    photo-40.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back