Rant - OH is overseas till 1 week before baby is due

MariskaG

Reaction score
I am a little upset. I am due for a scheduled C-Section on the 27th of January. My OH was due to go overseas for the first week of Jan, which I was ok with, but then this morning, his company informed him that he will only be back on the 22nd of January. They are being so inconsiderate, I am terrified I might go into labour earlier and there is then no way that he will make it back in time. Its not like his company is not aware of the situation.

Sorry for the little rant.

Can't he get out of going?
Theres so much going on with you having a baby, its not right they are asking this of him.
:hugs:
xx

No, he has tried, but the best that they can do, is he can come home 2 days earlier if necessary. I feel like crying. I am so nervous as is, this is our first baby, and really just wish that his bosses would get a cramp in their big toe!

i know how you feel - my DH has to go abroad (accross the atlantic!) when i'm 36-37 weeks and i'm panicking i'll go into labour early and i'll be completely on my own, as we have no family here. i could not stop crying when i found out :cry:
fingers crossed our LO won't come early!!

When my OH had to fly to Belgium with work a few weeks ago, we had his parents over. That way if anything happened I had someone there-do you have anyone you could have stay over whilst he is away?

xx

My mom is staying with us at the moment, so she will be there, but she is not my OH. I want him there. I love my mom dearly, but I really dont want her in the room when I deliver my LO, she will drive me nuts. LOL! Fingers crossed nothing happens before it should, but its just another thing to worry about now. Guess just feeling vulnerable, damn you pregnancy hormones.

I don't think it's fair to take him away from home so late in the pregnancy; anything could happen, and you're right that you could go into labour early. What are they thinking? I would say to your OH that if you call him as soon as you know you're in labour, he should catch a flight back, no matter what his bosses say about it. If I was him you wouldn't be able to keep me from being there at the birth of my baby, and I'm sure his bosses would understand that.

Pff well that sucks, really bad timing. But that's life these days, all I'll say is make sure you direct your anger at the company and not at him. You need to stick together at times like this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->