Reached my goal and ready to keep on going!

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Today my boy is 6 months old which means we have exclusively breastfed for 6 months. I'm so pleased! I ff my first so was desperate to make this work.

I was expecting it to be tough in the beginning and it was, but what I wasn't expecting was how much I would love it, how special it would be and how 6 months wouldn't nearly be enough for me.

So now I'll be setting myself a new goal, I was thinking a year but that might be too much in one go so I'll say 9 months.

To anyone struggling - its so so worth it.

That's exactly how I felt at 6 months. As much as I loved it, I wasn't sure about committing to a year yet, but here we are, just a few weeks from a year. I bet you'll do the same :)

Congratulations on 6 months!

I doubled all my goals! First one was 12 weeks, then 6 months, then a year, then 2! I think we're done now but I reached my goal!

Well done for reaching 6 months! It really is tough in the beginning and I too didn´t realise how special it would be. I set 1 month to start with and then 3 but I´ve managed 4 months so far so the next goal is 9 months and I´ll take it from there. I´m sure I´ll feel very sad to stop eventually x

Thanks ladies! I feel very proud that he's only ever had my milk and I really hope I can keep it that way. With solids of course.

Well done! It just keeps on getting easier now. Times now I feed him and I think, if only it could have been this easy initially. Just the size he is now, he seems to just fit on my lap and feed, he's just in the right position. If he wants milk and I get a boob out he'll find a way to get to it. The total trust you have in your baby to get what they need by 6 months is amazing.
I remember on my 6m millestone someone said to me, 'All your own work' and that made me smile, so passing it on to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->