• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ready for round two... Bring it!!!

Posted this on the April thread but don't think the same people are on each thread so I'll copy/paste:

So just got my scan and theres only one this time...I know it only takes one but last time there were 2 and it didn't work, so why would it work with one. Plus my IUI isn't scheduled till monday 245 and he told me to take my shot tomorrow at 930 pm, so it's about going to be 41-42 hours later, won't I have ovulated by then?! I feel like this cycle is a total bust.

Hi I answered you on the other thread, so ill just wish you good luck on your IUI Monday. What cd are you on? I'm glad they moved it up a bit. Sometimes it is just bad luck so it may work this time even with one follicle. I usually have three follicles and it hasn't worked yet, and this time I had 2, but I'm tryinto remain positive as well. Good luck with everything.. god this 2WW sucks already!

Hi kaylakin, I'm cd 12 right now IUI will be cd 15, which is weird, last month same protocol they didn't even do an ultrasound till cd14 and he said I wasn't ready so I triggered cd16 and had IUIs cd17 and cd18. I don't get how now I'll be having an IUI so quickly....I dunno weird how things change per cycle when u did everything the same.
Thanks for wishing me luck, I hope you get good news at the end of ur 2ww! Hate that 2ww ugh!!!

Harvest - sorry you got a BFN :hugs:

Bepaisley - Some RE like to have the egg waiting for the sperm so that may be his plan. That would put it about 6 hours post O. If you don't want to do that just count 36 hours back from your IUI. It will mean getting up for your shot around 3am, but if you are really bothered by the timing I say do what makes you more comfortable.

I totally understand how you feel about the follicle count. My first cycle of meds I had 3 and then they switched them (guessed wrong about what had worked) and I only had 1 when I got my first IUI. I was down the whole 2ww. Just try to remember that plenty of women have success with just one follicle. FX you are one of them this month :dust:

Kaylakin - sending lots of sticky dust your way too :dust:

No AF yet for me but the cramps have started so I suspect she will be here soon. If she shows up tomorrow I will probably have my scan Monday. Hoping for no cysts so I can get started TTC again. I'm ready to get going :thumbup:

Harvest, I'm sorry about your BFN. You have a great attitude toward the next cycle though..did you go for a baseline scan and bloodwork yet?

Bepaisely, how did your IUI go?

MrsBear - did AF arrive?

Afm, I'm 4dpiui and going on vacation this week. I'm psyched to be getting away for some serious relaxation. I think it will help pass the time... As much as I try not to, I have been thinking about if this cycle doesn't work, then ill just do IVF but then I don't want to be on bcp for three to four weeks, etc..and I just have to stop myself!! I just have to take it one day at a time and stop thinking so much ahead...

Kaylakin, IUI is tomorrow. I'm the same as you though, already thinking about the next cycle and IVF if necessary. I'll be going on vacation week after next, just cant wait to get away and have my mind off it for a bit (hopefully)
Mrs.bear, what's next for u?

I'm the same as you guys - I am always thinking 'if this doesn't work, what next...'.

AF arrived yesterday so I am going to call in the morning to set up my baseline scan and get started again. I felt like I had a cyst earlier in the week but not so much now so who knows :shrug:. I'll find out tomorrow I guess. I'm planning to try to talk them out of reducing my meds. Hopefully I will get to see my Dr and not one of the student fellows this time.

Good luck during the 2ww ladies and enjoy your vacations :thumbup:

Let us know how ur appt goes!
I really don't get how IUI doesn't work, I mean it sounds perfect, how do all the million of sperms miss the eggs!

Kaylakin, IUI is tomorrow. I'm the same as you though, already thinking about the next cycle and IVF if necessary. I'll be going on vacation week after next, just cant wait to get away and have my mind off it for a bit (hopefully)
Mrs.bear, what's next for u?

Hey bepaisley,
Sorry I was thinking Friday for the IUI but that was your follicle check right? Well good luck tomorrow..hope all goes well! I don't understand how IUI doesn't work either...Especially I don't get how we were pg naturally last year, then mc'd, and can't get pg again.. I don't get any of it! Anyway, good luck and hope the first part of the 2ww passes quickly before your vacation..

Hi ladies, mrs bear sorry for the bfn, I was disappointed when I got mine but we have to keep the hopes up for the next round! Positive thoughts!
Bepaisley, GL on your IUI tomorrow!
Kaylakin, no baseline scan for me, I don't have PCOS so maybe that is why no baseline scan, I am on a really low dose of clomid (25 mg), so maybe that is why no scan till day 14? Not too sure just going by Drs orders, as per usual :) AF showed up today so back on the meds in 2 days. Hope u have a good holiday! Enjoy :)

Appt went well - no cysts so starting meds tonight. I was able to talk the Dr out of reducing the meds. She thinks it might be my lining is too thin so she is adding another med and shifting the timing by a day to see if that helps. I hope that is all it is. Next IUI will probably be 5/17.

Bepaisley - how did the IUI go?

sending everyone lots of :dust:

IUI went well, good count and mOtility, just hoping it wasnt too late because I had a positive ovulation test Saturday afternoon before the trigger shot even. The office is closed on weekends so I didn't even bother telling them yesterday, just went for it and will hope for the best. DH and I did BD on Friday as well, so did all I could....
Mrs.bear, great news they didn't lower ur meds and already tackled the lining issue. Really hope this is the one!!

Bepaisley - BD on Friday should have you covered even if the IUI was late. FX this is your BFP :dust:

How's everybody doing?

Kaylakin - when are you testing?

How's everybody doing?

Hi mrsbear, just taking my last clomid tonight and will probably be having iui either the 16th or 17th. FX this will be our month :) one question, do you always have a baseline scan? I didn't have one, hoping there was no cyst there, next scan is on the 13th.

Harvest - sounds like we will be having our IUI at the same time. My follie check is the 15th so if all goes well my IUI will be the 17th.

I always have a baseline before they will give me meds. I don't know if they do it for all their patients or if it is because I have PCOS and am more likely to have cysts. I don't mind it though. I would rather have them than risk there being a cyst that gets aggravated by the meds and end up losing an ovary because of it.

I suspect it may just depend on your dr. Some people have lots of scans and some people don't have any. I just have the baseline and the follie check.

Hi all, doing well, just 1 week into my 2ww, and feeling no symptoms or anything so far. I'm going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow so have kept busy preparing for that, then the day after I come back will be testing day. I thought I'm so prepared for seeing a negative but am already getting so nervous about testing, I always do!
Hope everyone else is doing well!

How's everybody doing?

Hi mrsbear, just taking my last clomid tonight and will probably be having iui either the 16th or 17th. FX this will be our month :) one question, do you always have a baseline scan? I didn't have one, hoping there was no cyst there, next scan is on the 13th.

Hey Harvest,
Yay for finishing the clomid! I really hope this month is for you. All of this waiting is really so hard. What # IUI is this for you?
I don't have PCOS, but my clinic always does a baseline scan regardless on any of the first four days of your cycle. Clomid and injectibles can all leave left over cysts which can be problematic so I think they just want to be sure. Plus, last time my E2 level was a little high (from a resolving 2cm cyst from a previous cycle of clomid) so they had to make sure that it was on the way down so that I could continue with the cycle. It does depend on different clinics as to what their protocol is. For example, my clinic never gives supplemental progesterone after an IUI; they say it has not been shown to really be effective with IUI , unless you have like known low levels of progesterone or something. But, a lot of other clinics do as a rule...

Anyway, good luck with your scan on Friday! Fx for you this cycle! :winkwink:

Harvest - sounds like we will be having our IUI at the same time. My follie check is the 15th so if all goes well my IUI will be the 17th.

I always have a baseline before they will give me meds. I don't know if they do it for all their patients or if it is because I have PCOS and am more likely to have cysts. I don't mind it though. I would rather have them than risk there being a cyst that gets aggravated by the meds and end up losing an ovary because of it.

I suspect it may just depend on your dr. Some people have lots of scans and some people don't have any. I just have the baseline and the follie check.

MrsBear,
Getting closer..yay! I hope 4th time is the charm for you...I hope you get a few nice, big follies on the 15th...I know I have asked this before, but is your husband back soon?

As for me, I don't feel any different...as usual!!! I'm on 11dpiui, and my beta is this coming Wednesday morning. Just got back from a great vacation, which really helped pass the time. It went way too quickly.
My usual is to not test until the morning of the beta. I like to pretend that I could still possibly be preggers until the last final moment. Otherwise, I get really down and just wait each day before the beta to move onto the next cycle. I like to live in denial for a while. I know it is still early, and a lot of people don't get symptoms until later, but I don't know..I really don't know what to think...:nope:

Hi all, doing well, just 1 week into my 2ww, and feeling no symptoms or anything so far. I'm going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow so have kept busy preparing for that, then the day after I come back will be testing day. I thought I'm so prepared for seeing a negative but am already getting so nervous about testing, I always do!
Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hey! Glad you have the 1st week over with. Hopefully the second will fly by while you're on vacation. I just got back myself, and it was a great way to pass the time. I didn't obsess nearly as much as I do at home. However, our hotel had free wi-fi even though we were out of the country, and in a way I wish it didn't so I could have been more "disconnected" if you know what I mean. Do you usually test at home before your beta or do you wait to hear from them on the phone for the first time?? Have fun on your vacation..fx this is it for you this month! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->