Ready for round two... Bring it!!!

My thermometer beeps too. Before he deployed, I don't think DH loved it but he tolerated it. Since he was up most days before 4am it didn't give him much room to complain :) It is just part of the process.

I don't worry too much about the time of temping being the same. I've found it is better to take your temp whenever you wake up so long as it has been over 3 hours. So if I wake up at 4 to use the restroom I take it then. I feel you are more likely to get an accurate temp that way than to get up and go back to sleep just to take it after only an hour or two. Similarly, if it is the weekend and I sleep in I take it whenever I wake up. The main thing is to have slept more than 3 hours. If you have a night you can't do that still take your temp - one temp being off won't matter. Maybe for some people that don't have huge temp ranges it can make a difference if they don't do it the same time every day, but I still see definite patterns and temp shifts (which is the only thing you need to get out of it).

I know what you mean - with each new 'stage' of this process I get both excited and overwhelmed by it all at the same time.

If we don't get success over the next few cycles I don't know what our plan would be. They may advise straight to IVF if I can't get BFP with 5 as it is. We have military insurance though so they wouldn't cover anything and my work insurance is self-funded so they don't either. But I'm the same as you, if we have to pay it we will.

They will definitely monitor you more closely with injectibles, especially this first cycle to see how you respond.

I'm doing ok. 6dpIUI today. Had a temp dip today and lots of cramps and bloating. But I feel like so much of my 'symptoms' can be caused by the meds they have me on so I'm hesitant to read too much into it. So I'm trying to be hopeful without getting my hopes up too high. Though I am sure I will be devastated if I get another BFN. I think psychologically it will be a hit - like 'if I can't get a BFP with 5 it is hopeless...'

How are you doing MrsBear? I know what you mean about the BFN with 5 follicles - it's like, is there something else going on if you get a BFN with 5 follicles and decent sperm count? Well, one step at a time, though that is so hard to do! I'm already thinking about IVF stuff but I haven't even had my IUI for this cycle yet. I need to slow down. I'm just getting so used to the constant disappointment and having no success. My injections are going well so far. I've found myself getting stressed with the whole process, and just frustrated with the fact that I even have to be doing all this stuff. Either way, I'm happy to be on to something new, with hopefully better results. I go in on Friday for a scan to see how I'm responding to the injections. I have no idea what to expect....I hope all goes well...

Talk to you later..

How is everyone else doing?? Ginger, Harvest, Paisley?

Harvest, I have a question about the progesterone suppository...Is this instead of a progesterone shot?

Hi Kaylakin, the progesterone suppositories are to support the luteal phase. I am borderline as my luteal phase is usually only 10 days. So I think it is more of a precaution than anything. I haven't heard of anyone getting progesterone shots before unless maybe for IVF? Sorry I can't answer that.

So far the TWW is dragging as usual, oh well, heading out of town for the long weekend so that should help some. Can't wait to test! 6 days to go!

How is everyone else doing?

I know what you mean - with each new 'stage' of this process I get both excited and overwhelmed by it all at the same time.

If we don't get success over the next few cycles I don't know what our plan would be. They may advise straight to IVF if I can't get BFP with 5 as it is. We have military insurance though so they wouldn't cover anything and my work insurance is self-funded so they don't either. But I'm the same as you, if we have to pay it we will.

They will definitely monitor you more closely with injectibles, especially this first cycle to see how you respond.

I'm doing ok. 6dpIUI today. Had a temp dip today and lots of cramps and bloating. But I feel like so much of my 'symptoms' can be caused by the meds they have me on so I'm hesitant to read too much into it. So I'm trying to be hopeful without getting my hopes up too high. Though I am sure I will be devastated if I get another BFN. I think psychologically it will be a hit - like 'if I can't get a BFP with 5 it is hopeless...'

How are you doing MrsBear? I know what you mean about the BFN with 5 follicles - it's like, is there something else going on if you get a BFN with 5 follicles and decent sperm count? Well, one step at a time, though that is so hard to do! I'm already thinking about IVF stuff but I haven't even had my IUI for this cycle yet. I need to slow down. I'm just getting so used to the constant disappointment and having no success. My injections are going well so far. I've found myself getting stressed with the whole process, and just frustrated with the fact that I even have to be doing all this stuff. Either way, I'm happy to be on to something new, with hopefully better results. I go in on Friday for a scan to see how I'm responding to the injections. I have no idea what to expect....I hope all goes well...

Talk to you later..

Harvest, I have a question about the progesterone suppository...Is this instead of a progesterone shot?

Hi Kaylakin, the progesterone suppositories are to support the luteal phase. I am borderline as my luteal phase is usually only 10 days. So I think it is more of a precaution than anything. I haven't heard of anyone getting progesterone shots before unless maybe for IVF? Sorry I can't answer that.

So far the TWW is dragging as usual, oh well, heading out of town for the long weekend so that should help some. Can't wait to test! 6 days to go!

Ooh, 2WW is so tough!! Hope you can keep your mind off things! I have a trip planned starting May 2nd, so if all goes to plan I'll have my IUI before that and I'll spend the middle of the 2WW on the beach passing the time away! You plan to test in 6 days..how many dpiui will you be at that point? I always test the morning of the beta, or the night before. I can't bear to test before that, but I also don't want my first news to be from the nurse on the phone re: my results...

As for me, I'm going for a follicle scan and bloodwork tomorrow. I'll be CD9 but it's my first cycle of injectibles, so I have no idea what is going on down there..hahah...I'm kinda nervous..but oh well!

Ok talk to you all later..hang in there everyone! :hugs:

How are injectables going Kaylakin? Is it tough, do you do them yourself, how many a day? Sorry for all the questions just thinking that's what I'll be doing next...let us know how ur scan is! When u do can you compare to previous cycles with clomid, I mean number of follicles compared to ur previous cycles. Good luck!!

Kaylakin - how did your scan go?

I'm 10 dpo today - temp shot back up today which is a great sign. Hoping it stays up there and goes even higher tomorrow. BBs way more sore today. Still crampy feelings off and on but not that sharp sensation I was getting before.

[-o< Praying it is all a sign of a BFP to come and not my body torturing me again with 'symptoms' that lead nowhere...](*,)

Dying to test but still too early.... :wacko:

How are all the other 2ww ladies doing?

:dust: all around!

Mrs. Bear- just wanted to let you know I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ya this cycle... sounds like some good symptoms!!! Hope they lead to that BFP!!!!

Wishing ALL you lovely ladies the very best of luck and baby dust!!!!

How are injectables going Kaylakin? Is it tough, do you do them yourself, how many a day? Sorry for all the questions just thinking that's what I'll be doing next...let us know how ur scan is! When u do can you compare to previous cycles with clomid, I mean number of follicles compared to ur previous cycles. Good luck!!

Hi! The injectibles are going well. I'm taking Follistim so you use a pen type device, dial the knob to your dosage and inject it in . It is a pretty cool contraption. I am glad that I was used to doing the Ovidrel injection because that made it a lot less stressful for me. Supposedly the needle for the Follistim is sharper, too, so it goes in easier. I find it comparable to the Ovidrel, though. At first, it was a little nerve-wracking, but then it was fine. I think if it were my very first time doing any kind of injection, I would have had to work up the nerve for longer, but I had done Ovidrel so I felt better. Now it is very quick..I just go up to my bathroom, get the kit, and I'm done in a minute or two! Right now, I do only one injection a day, at the same time every day, or as close as possible. As I get closer, they said they may have me use Ganirelix which prevents me from prematurely ovulating in order for other follicles to catch up. I may not need to do that at all, but if I do, that would make it 2 injections a day until I would have to trigger. Soo, it is very easy. Have you had to do any injections at all yet, like Ovidrel or another type of trigger shot?

As far as the follicles, I always responded well on clomid. For the first IUI I had 3 follicles. The 2nd one, I had 3 follicles as well. For the 3rd, I had 2. So far, at my first scan on Follistim, I had 4 follicles which were larger than the others and they were all about the same size, which was good, they said. So, that was only after 4 days of stims, and they only measured about 6mm each, but it was a good response. So it seems as if I have a bit more of a response on the injections compared to with clomid, but not sure. I go back on Monday so I will see what's going on in there. The nurse practitioner did say that maybe not all of the 4 bigger follicles would continue to grow and mature, but they might. Also, my estrogen level "shot way up" according to the nurse, so they had to decrease my dose from 100 iu to 75 for a day and then to 50 for the weekend. Anyway, I hope that was helpful.

Oh, and about your question as to if I do the injections myself, yes I do! I never thought I'd be able to inject myself with something, but it is amazing what you find yourself doing if necessity calls. Tonight my husband wanted to try it, so I let him and he just jabbed it right in without hesitating, LOL, probably because he had seen me do it a bunch of times. The first time I had to inject with Ovidrel, I psyched myself up for about 10 minutes, but each time gets easier and easier after that.

Let me know if you have any more questions...What is your game plan as of now?

Kaylakin - how did your scan go?

I'm 10 dpo today - temp shot back up today which is a great sign. Hoping it stays up there and goes even higher tomorrow. BBs way more sore today. Still crampy feelings off and on but not that sharp sensation I was getting before.

[-o< Praying it is all a sign of a BFP to come and not my body torturing me again with 'symptoms' that lead nowhere...](*,)

Dying to test but still too early.... :wacko:

How are all the other 2ww ladies doing?

:dust: all around!

Hey, your symptoms sound great! I really hope this is it for you!!

When do you plan to test??

My scan went well. They didn't expect to see much but just to see how I was responding to the follistim and everything. I had 4 follicles which were larger than the rest, and they were about the same size, so that was good that they were developing equally. My estrogen was a bit higher than they wanted it at that point, so they said to decrease my dose to 75, then for 50 for each day of the weekend. I go back Monday for another scan. I'm anxious to see what they find. I hope everything goes well, and there aren't too many follicles, but about 4 would be great!

Well, keep hanging in there for the rest of the 2WW...sounds promising!! This thread needs some more good news!

Kaylakin - glad to hear your first scan went well and you are responding to the injectibles, FX your four follies keep growing so you can get that BFP :thumbup:

I will probably test tomorrow or Monday. Even if I get a BFP I won't post it on here til after I can let DH know. I want him to hear it first. So I guess if I'm off the boards a few days you can assume it is good news. If it's BFN you will know right away.

I've been super hungry all day today - like I'm having hunger pangs all the time no matter how much I eat :icecream: :munch: :pizza:
Hoping its a good sign...

So close to finding out Mrs. Bear, FXd for good news!!!

Kaylakin, thanks for all the info, its so good to hear it from someone going through it rather than a sheet of directions from the dr. I've been trying to convince my husband that if we go that route he will give me the shots but he keeps saying he cant stab me..which I guess is good lol! I do the trigger shot before IUI but I didn't have to do it myself last month, they did my scan and saw the follicles were good in size and they had told me to bring it along so they went ahead and did it for me. It was a relief but now that that's the next step I wish id done it to prepare myself.
Anyways looks like u got a few nice big ones so hoping this is it for u!! I'm only on day 3 of 5 for my meds then going in for a scan Friday, hope I get atleast two follicles again!

Tested this morning at 12dpo and BFN :cry:

Devastated... Even though this was really the 1st IUI with good #s for both follicles and SA and odds still only 25%, I can't help but think 'if I can't get a BFP with 5 eggs and plenty of sperm will I ever be able to get a BFP at all...' :nope:

So sorry mrs. Bear :(
I'd look at it this way that u didn't succeed with the 25% chance, so it's not u or ur body it's that the odds are against u...I know when I got my BFN I thought no one could understand and felt like I'd never be pregnant so I know how u feel :/
u did clomid and a trigger shot? Can you try injectables or are u gonna move on to IVF? I'm already mentally preparing for that also, no clue what the cost can be...

Thanks bepaisley :hugs: I try to look at it that the odds were no different than an average conception month for 'normal' couples and not get so down. It's just hard when you first get the BFN. Definitely not giving up hope yet.

Right now I'm sticking with pills as long as I can because insurance will only cover injectibles for regular intercourse, not IUI or IVF.

I don't know if they would ever want to try injectibles or not since I've gotten at least 3 follies every time on the Clomid/Femara they have me on now. They even talked about reducing my meds since I got so many follicles this cycle, which I don't understand. :shrug: If the point of the injectibles is to get more follicles, why are they trying to reduce the number I get now without them? :growlmad: I'll definitely bring that up at my next appointment if they try to reduce meds.

I suspect they will have me try a few more IUIs and if still no success with good numbers they will suggest IVF. I don't want to go through IVF while DH is away though, so I don't plan on doing that this year if I can avoid it.

Thanks bepaisley :hugs: I try to look at it that the odds were no different than an average conception month for 'normal' couples and not get so down. It's just hard when you first get the BFN. Definitely not giving up hope yet.

Right now I'm sticking with pills as long as I can because insurance will only cover injectibles for regular intercourse, not IUI or IVF.

I don't know if they would ever want to try injectibles or not since I've gotten at least 3 follies every time on the Clomid/Femara they have me on now. They even talked about reducing my meds since I got so many follicles this cycle, which I don't understand. :shrug: If the point of the injectibles is to get more follicles, why are they trying to reduce the number I get now without them? :growlmad: I'll definitely bring that up at my next appointment if they try to reduce meds.

I suspect they will have me try a few more IUIs and if still no success with good numbers they will suggest IVF. I don't want to go through IVF while DH is away though, so I don't plan on doing that this year if I can avoid it.

MrsBear,
You're definitely not out yet, so glad you're not giving up hope yet. I hate seeing a BFN..it is the worst. Worse than that is how pathetic I feel searching the strip for the faintest hint of a second line, squinting in the light, etc. Ughhh..it really sucks, and I really feel for you...

Hang in there, and you never know until AF shows, as you know.

I know what you mean about the injectibles. I'm going to end up with only two this cycle because they were so paranoid about overstimulating me. I got 3 on clomid for my first and second IUI and then 2 on clomid for my 3rd IUI. I know they were afraid of overstimulating, but seriously, if it didn't work three times already, can you at least try to get a few more and then see how I do? They told me today that because I'm "young" that getting more follicles is just asking for triplets..wtf! I'm 30, so I know I still have time, but it's not like I'm 25. Also, I've been trying for about a year and a half with only a mc to show for it. Blahh!

Anyway, the doc also said that sometimes it's too late to slow down the meds and you end up with too many follicles and have to cancel the cycle. Sooo..I"m glad they really controlled it and I have 2 good sized follicles and hopefully a good quality egg there, etc. I have heard that in addition to getting more follicles, the injectibles give a better quality egg and ovulation, whatever that means. My doctor didn't tell me that, but I've read that on these boards...not sure how true it is??

I think if this doesn't work, I may just go to IVF. My insurance would cover two more IUIs plus meds, but I feel like if it hasn't happened after 4 IUIs with good timing and good responses, maybe there is something going on at the microscopic level that we won't find out until IVF. Oh well, only time will tell!
I go in on Wednesday for my 4th IUI, so I have to trigger tonight. I only had to inject for 7 days so that was good! The four follicles I had on Friday slowed down because they reduced my dose, so now there were just two big follicles, and some slightly smaller ones, and a bunch of really smaller ones. Having said that, even with slowing down the dose, the follicles were 6mm on Friday and I went back today (Monday) and I'm ready to trigger..wtf!

BePaisely, how ya doing?? I know what you mean about mentally preparing. I'm already thinking about IVF and what that entails and I haven't even been through my IUI yet. I guess it is a self-protection mechanism, too, so there are no surprises thrown our way...

talk to you all soon..

Doing good, going in on Friday to see when I'll be triggering.
Good luck on wednesday, hope this is it for u!!!

Talk to you later..

Ooh, 2WW is so tough!! Hope you can keep your mind off things! I have a trip planned starting May 2nd, so if all goes to plan I'll have my IUI before that and I'll spend the middle of the 2WW on the beach passing the time away! You plan to test in 6 days..how many dpiui will you be at that point? I always test the morning of the beta, or the night before. I can't bear to test before that, but I also don't want my first news to be from the nurse on the phone re: my results...

As for me, I'm going for a follicle scan and bloodwork tomorrow. I'll be CD9 but it's my first cycle of injectibles, so I have no idea what is going on down there..hahah...I'm kinda nervous..but oh well!

Ok talk to you all later..hang in there everyone! :hugs:

11 DPIUI today, Beta is on Thursday, so at 14 DPIUI. I haven't decided if I am going to test before then or not. Don't have any tests at the moment so I might just wait even though I am dying to test!

Glad to hear the injectables are going well for you Kaylakin! FX

Mrs Bear, so sorry to hear about your BFN! Keep those spirits high for next month :)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Kaylakin - I guess I can understand them not wanting to go too far with the meds til they see how you respond. It's better to have 2 good ones than 9 and have it cancelled.

Bepaisley - hope you get lots of follies

Harvest - FX for a BFP. I test before betas just so I know what to expect rather than be out somewhere to get caught off guard by a call if its bad news. Hopefully this will be your month.

Good luck this week ladies! :dust:

Bad news ladies BFN today at 13dpo :( oh well there is always next month, I am trying not to get too down. I am "ready for round 2 bring it" maybe I will end up with a bfp next time...
GL Kay akin with ur IUI! GL to u too bepaisley hope your follies are good!
Take care ladies :hugs:

:( I was so devastated last month when I got my BFN too, the only thing that made me feel better was that I was going to try again. I read so many success stories to keep my hopes up and it kind of backfired on me, then I joined these forums which really helped.
Hope you are doing ok, all we can do is keep trying right, the rest is out of our control. Feel better, will update u all on my follicles tomorrow, FXd for good news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->