• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ready for round two... Bring it!!!

Thanks Kaylakin, def looking forward to being away and busy. Hope to read some good news from you wednesday though! My clinic doesn't do a blood test, just tells me to take a pregnancy test after 2 weeks and then if not stop the progesterone suppositories and come back on day 3 or if positive come in. Glad you got away for a bit and enjoyed ur vacation!

BePaisley,
That's interesting about the different ways clinics do things. In a way I wish I could just take a test on my own so I didn't have to hear the news when they call me. They have me sign a form saying that I will come in for bloodwork regardless, even if I have my period, etc. It is weird, but they said that I have to come in because even if I'm bleeding it could still be a pregnancy, or the pregnancy could be in the wrong place, etc. I understand that, but it is hard enough taking a negative test, and then you have to hear from them "Unfortunately it was negative." blahblahblah. Well, hopefully there won't be too much more of that ;-) I hope I get a surprise and good news on Wednesday. We shall see. If not, I think I'm done with IUI. If this doesn't work, I will have had 4 IUI cycles of good outcomes on "paper", but with no positive end result. I think then it will be time to move on...just preparing psychologically! Have fun on your vacation..! Hoping time flies for you...

Kaylakin - DH will be back on leave for a couple weeks over the summer but it will be :cold: again before he is back for good. Still a long way off...

FX for good news for you this week :dust:

Bepaisley - have a great vacation and :dust: to you as well

How's everybody doing?

Kaylakin - when are you testing?

Hi mrsbear, just taking my last clomid tonight and will probably be having iui either the 16th or 17th. FX this will be our month :) one question, do you always have a baseline scan? I didn't have one, hoping there was no cyst there, next scan is on the 13th.

Hey Harvest,
Yay for finishing the clomid! I really hope this month is for you. All of this waiting is really so hard. What # IUI is this for you?
I don't have PCOS, but my clinic always does a baseline scan regardless on any of the first four days of your cycle. Clomid and injectibles can all leave left over cysts which can be problematic so I think they just want to be sure. Plus, last time my E2 level was a little high (from a resolving 2cm cyst from a previous cycle of clomid) so they had to make sure that it was on the way down so that I could continue with the cycle. It does depend on different clinics as to what their protocol is. For example, my clinic never gives supplemental progesterone after an IUI; they say it has not been shown to really be effective with IUI , unless you have like known low levels of progesterone or something. But, a lot of other clinics do as a rule...

Anyway, good luck with your scan on Friday! Fx for you this cycle! :winkwink:

Hi Kaylakin, this will be my second IUI. Not too sure about the timing of the first one, I think that I ovulated the night before they did it so hopefully this round will go better. I am sure we will go for another cycle after this if we need to, hopefully we won't :) FX for you on wednesday, hope you get ur BFP!

Hey Harvest,
Hopefully the timing will work out better this time around. I always worry about the timing and second guess everything. Then, I figure I just have to trust my RE...but it is so hard. :-(

My stupid AF showed this morning, a day earlier than I was expecting. It has already been showing up earlier when I do medicated cycles, but this was even earlier. Very odd. The nurse did say it was normal for that to happen when all the hormone levels just drop quickly.

Sooo..I'm out. I still have to go for my bloodwork tomorrow which is dumb. I will book a scan for Thursday I guess, to start the next cycle. However, I'm done with IUI. I can't take the BFN month after month, when each time I respond well to the medication with 2-3 follicles, we trigger and time it well, and there is a decent sperm sample. I just don't get it. I will move onto IVF. Just typing that is so scary and I"m not sure why...

Good luck to everyone else this cycle!!!

How's everyone else doing?

Oh no! So sorry for your BFN Kaylakin :hugs: It's not fair that ttc has to be this hard. Good luck with IVF. Just remember you are doing everything right and IVF has much better odds. You will get your BFP soon, I know it :hugs:

That is definitely stupid that you still have to go in for the blood test. I'm sure they will charge you for it too...

I'm doing ok - I go in for my follicle scan Sunday so if all goes well my IUI will be Tuesday.

So sorry for the bfn kaylakin, wishing you all the best in the next stage :)
Mrs bear FX you scan goes well on Sunday.
My next scan is Friday and I will be day 13 so should have some decent sized follies by then.
Take care ladies!

Good luck at your scan Harvest - hoping for lots of follies for us both this week :thumbup:

Had a surprise at my scan this morning, a 21 mm follie! Off for iui tomorrow morning a few days earlier than planned! I gues that clomid is shortening my cycles which is fine with me :)
Hope your scan went well mrs bear, hope all u ladies are keeping well, any updates?

Glad to hear you had a good scan Harvest - good luck with your IUI :dust: Nothing wrong with shorter cycles either :thumbup:

My scan isn't til tomorrow, but I am definitely feeling activity in my ovaries more every day. Feel it in the left more, which I guess makes sense since most of last cycle was on the right. Will know for sure in about 21 hours... Been using OPK in case I O early but as of this morning still negative.

Had my ultrasound and the IUI is being pushed back to probably Thursday because no follies are big enough yet. Right now I have 3 potential follies: 17, 14.5 and 13.5 respectively. I'm scheduled for another ultrasound Tuesday and am going to use opk's til then just in case. Looks like could be anywhere from 1-3 for the IUI.

I guess I am just down because usually they are big enough by now. The only time they weren't they stopped growing at 16 and the cycle was cancelled. I'm worried that will happen again and come Tuesday this cycle will be cancelled too. :nope:

I've already got the IUI appointment moved to Thursday so I'm trying to stay positive that it will happen.

Had my ultrasound and the IUI is being pushed back to probably Thursday because no follies are big enough yet. Right now I have 3 potential follies: 17, 14.5 and 13.5 respectively. I'm scheduled for another ultrasound Tuesday and am going to use opk's til then just in case. Looks like could be anywhere from 1-3 for the IUI.

I guess I am just down because usually they are big enough by now. The only time they weren't they stopped growing at 16 and the cycle was cancelled. I'm worried that will happen again and come Tuesday this cycle will be cancelled too. :nope:

I've already got the IUI appointment moved to Thursday so I'm trying to stay positive that it will happen.

FX for you mrs bear! Hope those follies grow and all goes according to plan.
Had our iui yesterday morning with 60 mill sperm at 95% motility, so pretty good. Now all I can do is hope that it worked, ah the dreaded 2ww!

Mrs Bear - fx for you that you just need a few more days for them to grow!

Harvest - the numbers sound great! I hope this is it for you!

This thread needs some positive news...it is way overdue!

Hi all-back from my vacation and tested yesterday and this morning, BFN :(
Stopped the prometrium supp so now just waiting on AF. I was prepared but still hurts, esp telling DH and my mom is getting hard on me. Feels like I'm disappointin them :( well now I'm just waiting for my pd to go in and see what the plan is, I just don't get why it's not working. DH wants to go straight to IVF but I'm thinking of doing one more round of IUI since I feel like I could get more eggs if the dr tries something more aggressive. What I'm really scared of more than the IVF process is doing IVF and it not working, I dunno how I'd handle that.

Bepaisley - sorry for the BFN :hugs: I suspect it was the timing this month since you said you got a +opk before your trigger. FX for better news next cycle.

Kaylakin is right - we are due for some good news on this thread...

Had much better news at today's scan. Will definitely have the next IUI on Thursday and there should be at least 2, possibly 3, follicles ready by then (they are 22,20 and 17 right now). Give myself a shot tonight and then it is just a waiting game. :wacko:

Yay, 3 is awesome! I'm just waiting on my pd now and hoping day 3 scan doesn't land on the weekend cuz my dr isn't open on weekends! Def don't want to miss this cycle cuz of that. I guess I should be in a round 3 thread now but i want to keep up with all of u!

Bepaisley - I'm on round four so I don't think any of us care anymore LOL. I'm the same as you, I don't want to abandon the thread because I want to keep up with how everyone is doing. I do my main updates in my journal but always check in on a few threads to keep them posted and see how everyone else is getting along :thumbup:

Do you have to do your scan day 3? My office has me do anywhere from cd1-3 it doesn't have to be exactly day 3. They were even wanting to push it to cd4 once because they were overbooked. Maybe you will have the same flexibility and can get your scan Friday. You could always schedule it for Friday and move it to Monday if no AF :winkwink:

I'm surprised more clinics aren't open on the weekends. Mine isn't open regular hours but they have anyone needing things on the weekend come in at 730am and they stay til everyone is finished. It isn't as if you can control it. I've had an IUI and several scans on the weekend. I can't imagine having to add the stress of timing things to not hit a weekend to all the other pressures of ttc.

Lol I thought u might be past round two but was responding from my phone and didn't scroll through. Glad im not the only one! I haven't had to worry about cycle day landing on a weekend yet (well I've worried but it hasn't happened) so I'm not sure what they'd do, hopefully they would do it a little bit earlier, prob not later cuz I have to order my meds etc. I feel like AF will start any minute now so just hope it does. But it def is a headache having to worry about weekends, or one month my dr was on vacation in the beginning of my cycle and I had to skip the whole month. There is a bigger clinic that I know a lot of ppl have used here that had multiple locations and is open on the weekends. I keep thinking of switching but I really like my dr, he's close by, I always see him and only him, he's always on time, and has great success rates...it just is inconvenient sometimes :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->