Ready for round two... Bring it!!!

jpmystic - sorry hun, I hate seeing the temp drop and you just know you are out :hugs: Sending you lots of :dust: for next cycle.

seoj - I am sure you will be ecstatic no matter how many beans you have in there :thumbup:. I can't remember, what was your SA count for the IUI?

As far as taking a cycle off, I decided I just need a break. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to do IUI alone and decided I don't want to have a baby alone if we can avoid it. So if I wait and get my BFP in April or later DH would be due back before the due date. I don't want to have him miss it by a week or two.

I am also an emotional wreck these days between worrying about DH and all the ttc business that I just need a break from all the meds and appointments and thinking about it all the time. I had thought about taking this last cycle off but til we found a good medication protocol didn't want to waste time in case it took a while to find the right combination. Now that we seem to have that part figured out I think it is best to take a break. I feel ok about it. I know it is the right choice for me right now.

jpmystic - sorry hun, I hate seeing the temp drop and you just know you are out :hugs: Sending you lots of :dust: for next cycle.

seoj - I am sure you will be ecstatic no matter how many beans you have in there :thumbup:. I can't remember, what was your SA count for the IUI?

As far as taking a cycle off, I decided I just need a break. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to do IUI alone and decided I don't want to have a baby alone if we can avoid it. So if I wait and get my BFP in April or later DH would be due back before the due date. I don't want to have him miss it by a week or two.

I am also an emotional wreck these days between worrying about DH and all the ttc business that I just need a break from all the meds and appointments and thinking about it all the time. I had thought about taking this last cycle off but til we found a good medication protocol didn't want to waste time in case it took a while to find the right combination. Now that we seem to have that part figured out I think it is best to take a break. I feel ok about it. I know it is the right choice for me right now.

The post wash was 19 mill which was decent increase from our first IUI (at 14mill). Plus I believe the motility/morphology was a bit better...

I can totally understand wanting to take a break now. That way your DH can have a good chance of being home later for ya ;) Might be a good way to regroup too hun. If you ever just need to chat- feel free to send me a private msg :flower: Certainly glad you found a good protocol!!! That is great progress and one step closer :thumbup:

How is everybody doing?

princessjulia - did you test yet?
Kaylakin - I'm guessing you had your next IUI by now how did it go?

Hey mrs bear,
How you doing? I'm glad you're doing what you feel is right for yourself. Sometimes a break from all this stuff sounds so nice... as for me, I did go for my IUI on Monday, so now I'm 4dpiui. It is so hard to stay positive and I question everything the docs do, lol. I don't know why but a day after the iui I just felt out already, and that makes zero sense. Anyway, going for bloodwork Monday and then a week after that for bloodwork to check pregnancy. How are you feeling?

Also, you know what is weird? When my husband first had his SA they said all was normal. Now that we have started IUI, his post wash counts were 9.8 and 14 million respectively. That sounds low compared to everyone else if he supposedly is normal? Last time it was 14 million and 91% motility so I'm hoping that 91% will be helpful... what do you think about that?

With our first IUI we had 14 mill post wash and the motility/morphology was borderline... but the 2nd round was 19 mill and the m/m was better... still not great though. Try to think about it this way... if you had DTD "naturally"- then you'd be lucky to get like maybe 200 swimmers up to where they needed to be, so millions is still WAY better. I just tried to look at it that way... and it only takes the ONE good sperm and ONE good egg to make it happen!!!! ;)

Hope you get some good news soon hun!!!! Best of luck!

I'm doing ok. Missing DH of course but am enjoying the break from ttc. At the same time I am anxious to get to trying again. It feels weird to not be obsessing about it after doing so for so long :wacko:

I think those counts sound good Kaylakin, especially with 90% motility. The wash can really drop the count, but if you consider it leaves you with the best of the best :spermy: it is mainly getting rid of the ones that are useless to you anyway. In researching, it seems that the conception rates don't improve much above 5 million anyway so with those numbers and motility it sounds good :thumbup:

I know what you mean about just 'knowing' you are out sometimes. Even when it doesn't make sense, your gut just tells you. Of course there are tons of women with BFPs who think that too. Maybe it is our mind preparing ourselves for a BFN just in case so we don't get too down if it happens :shrug:

Fingers crossed this is it for you :dust:

seoj - when is your first scan?

jpmystic - do you have your next IUI coming up soon?

I have my first scan next Friday (March 11th)-- which happens to be on my mom's birthday! lol. I'm really anxious to see what is going on in there! I'm sure all is fine, but it's nice to hear to ease any little worries... plus, it still seems so surreal! I mean I KNOW I am... haha... but actually seeing the lil bean or hearing the heartbeat will just make it feel that much more real.

I know it's strange when you take some time off from TTC... I had about 3 mos down time from when we found out my hubbies first VR didn't work and when he healed from his 2nd surgery... I tried to look at it as a siesta from trying! LOL. Just time to get back to the basics of life for a bit... but it was certainly fun when we got to start TTC again! This month will go by quicker than you think :) And hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for that BFP!!!! FX'd for ya ;)

Kaylakin- Hope your wrong and you finally get that BFP this round... keep us posted!

jpmystic- Sending you LOADS of baby dust this cycle!!!!

Hi girls!!

Just stopped in for a quick moment (work is crazy busy lately, but it keeps my mind off of things which is great!). I have an ultrasound on Monday to check out my follicles, I'm excited for that! Since I'm on Clomid this cycle I keep telling everyone they are going to check to see how my "super" eggs are coming along. The IUI should be sometime later in the week.

seoj.. keep us posted.. sounds exciting!

Mrs. Bear.. glad to hear you're doing ok, I agree it is weird not to obsess about it.. :wacko:

kaylakin.. I agree with seoj, don't count yourself out yet! One egg, one sperm. But.. I'm not one to talk.. I understand those feelings too!

Thanks for the baby dust and good wishes.

jpmystic- wishing you lots of super eggs this cycle! Well, not TOO many (least 2-3?)... tehehe.

Hope this thread ends with a lot of BFPs soon!!!!

Hi all,

jpmystic - when do you think you'll go for your IUI?

MrsBear - when does your DH get home? That must be weird to not be obsessing about TTC every second of the day. Weird..but nice??

Seoj - how are things going ? How do you feel?

I had my 7dpiui bloodwork today. My progesterone was 53.5, so that is good. Hopefully that means I ovulated 2-3 follicles. There were 3 good sized ones on the left (16,17,18) on CD12, then I triggered on CD13 and had IUI on CD15. I hope that means all of them released and had good eggs in them. I def feel the progesterone cause my boobs are hurting. Hopefully the symptoms will continue. Last month this happened and it didn't mean anything...but at least I have the hope of being pg. I like to hold onto that hope for as long as I can before testing, haha!

Ok hope all you girls are doing well and hanging in there...!!

Kaylakin- sounds like you had some good follicles!!! That should give you some good odds... I wasn't able to have any mid-cycle scan last cycle, so I never even knew how many follicles matured? But there was at least ONE good one. And really, that is all it takes!!!! hehe... so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! One more week till you found out then yes? hehe.

I feel pretty good so far... just a bit groggy and sore BBs and cramping a bit still off and on... but otherwise pretty good. I'm wondering when the other symptoms may kick in? Not that I'm in a rush! haha. But I'll welcome whatever happens ;)

Best of luck hun!!!!! keep us all posted! :)

FX for lots of follicles jpMystic

Hooray for multiple follicles Kaylakin! :happydance: Hoping this is your month

It is still a long time before DH will be back for good. He will be back for a couple weeks in the summer for his leave so I will see him then. It is going to be hard to send him back after though :cry: It will be winter again before he is back for good. :cold:

Two more weeks on the pill and then back to trying again. Starting to get impatient... lol. I am enjoying the break though. I still think about ttc a lot but the break from the constant meds and doctor visits and the 'am I or am I not...' is nice.

I did speak to the Dr in the lab today and asked about our count having been so low at the last IUI. He said it was from one of the better samples but that his part of the lab didnt do the thaw. Apparently the other side of the lab statistically tends to come back with lower count and motility numbers because of the way the do their count :shrug:. So basically the count may not have been as low as the other lab said it was. He said to call him when it is coming up on the next IUI and he will make sure he does the thaw this time. Even if it isn't better at least that will give more confidence in the numbers that come back and we can make some decisions about things going forward.

Hi ladies..

I had the scan on Monday at CD13.. I had 2 really small follicles (less than 9mm) on the left and 3 slightly larger ones (11, 12, and 14mm on the right). Still waiting to surge, I thought for sure it would be today, but negatives as of this morning. At least that means the more dominant 14mm one should be reaching the 18+mm mark by tomorrow. I don't mind having just one dominant egg, since I'm crazy AFRAID :shock: of multiples!

What's new with you ladies? I hope everyone has a great rest of the week (in case I don't get back on here for a couple days).. I've found staying busy at work is keeping my overall "I want a baby" stress levels in check. =)

Mrs. Bear- glad your trying to enjoy the "downtime" while you have it- I had 2 mos of that at one point (while waiting for hubbies 2nd VR and healing) - and I tried to look at it as a Siesta from TTC! lol. Sometimes a bit of a break is good for the mind set ;) Keeping my fingers crossed for you next round!!!!

jpmystic- Sounds like you had some good Follies... don't worry about multiples too much, it's still a much smaller chance that will happen ;) And hey, I'm sure whatever happens you'll be thrilled!!! Best of luck hun!

Jpmystic..sounds like it may be any day now! Hope it is soon and you don't have to wait too much longer...

Mrsbear..two weeks before you start again..not bad! Have you enjoyed the small break at all?

Seoj..6 weeks..congrats!

I'm still not feeling too confident, already planning for next cycle and I'm only 10 dpiui. I have sore boobs, but they were sore last month too and nothing happened. Plus, they seem to be getting less sore each day. What makes me sad is that my husband was really optimistic about this cycle, and now he is really starting to pay attention to testing dates, etc, where as before he went with the flow and was more clueless. I feel like I'm letting him and everyone else down, though I know that is silly to feel like that... hope everyone else is having a better day today! Talk to you soon..

Kaylakin- Thanks hun... and I know how tough it can be, but you are certainly not letting anyone down. These things just take time. Trust me, I was planning for the next cycle early on as well... I even ordered a bunch of supplements that were suppose to help my egg quality. I really wanted to be prepared... but you just never know ;)

I'm keeping my fingers and toes and arms and legs crossed for you hun!!!!!

jpmystic - sounds good :dust:

Kaylakin - I have enjoyed the break. I still think about ttc most every day but it isn't the same as on cycles I am trying. I totally get where you are coming from when you say you feel like you are letting him down. With us all the issues are with me, DH is fine, so I feel like I'm 'broken' every time I get another BFN. It is hard not to feel responsible even if it isn't logical :hugs:. FX this is your month - when are you testing?

Had beta today and haven't got results yet but AF came today in the morning. Booooo...so, onto the next cycle for me. I'm glad she came so I didn't have to wait around, and luckily I've had my iuis exactly on cd 15 each time, and 28 day cycles, but it still sucks. One more iui then I meet with the doc if it doesn't work. I'm guessing then it would be injectibles after that..but one step at a time. At least with each passing cycle I feel I'm getting closer to something, but I don't know if that is true..only time will tell I suppose... how is everyone else??

So sorry AF got you Kaylakin :hugs:. Glad you didn't have to wait for her at least - if she is gonna come she may as well come asap right? FX the next one works for you hun :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->