really need some advice & positive stories - UPDATE

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have already posted somewhere else but only got 1 reply.

I had my scan Thursday morning, it was amazing baby looked perfect we saw a strong heartbeat, bowel, brain, umbilical cord etc. It was truly wonderful.

That evening I suddenly felt wet rushed to the bathroom, bright red blood I couldn't believe it I broke down, even OH started to cry.

I had to let my parents know to look after DD they didn't know I was pregnant yet.

I had no pain or cramps, I put a normal pad on stood up & it immediately went through my jeans.

Thankfully my mum got me good ones on her way over.

Went to a&e they said bloods were fine & I still had a positive pregnancy test, then they told me to go home with a leaflet about mc. They wouldn't scan me cause I had one that morning.

Called antenatal clinic Friday morning, they told me there's no point in scanning me cause they might not see reason for bleeding anyway. Told me to wait & see & call again Monday if I'm still bleeding.

Thankfully I've had no bleeding since yesterday morning, just small amount of brown, I'm so relieved but I'm still anxious about how our baby is, what do I do now? I'm not due to be seen again until 16 weeks.

Am I really not going to have another scan until 20 weeks?

I've still got my bigger boobs & swore nipples, bloated & tired which have been my main symptoms, been feeling a bit light headed that's it.

Can I still be excited? Can I go out and buy something for baby? Or should I be thinking its not looking good?

I'm so lost :cry:

UPDATE for anyone who might be going through the same:

Well I am 12 weeks today, I've had no more bleeding just tiny amount of brown.

Called my midwife & she isn't concerned, said it could have been from the cervix & apparently another woman had bleeding after her scan aswell.

I'm just going to be positive now but im still not going to push myself too much.

Oh & she said no sex (don't know for how long?!) Poor OH :haha:

Just have to keep thinking baby is fine. Going to try to find a cheap second hand Doppler as well.

:flower:

I had a similar experience with my ds, had scan at 12 weeks and started bleeding a few days later (13 weeks) it was very heavy but no cysts or anything just red blood. Went to a&e and they transferred me to epau, did a scan pretty much straight away and there was the little heart beat :) everything was fine. I think it's really harsh they didn't scan u straight away!!

I bled at 14 weeks but not enough to go through clothing
Try to stay calm (impossible I know) distract yourself think positive thoughts
it could be a mystery and baby will be all fine

I had a bleed at 7 weeks, you should really get a scan...things are probably okay, but you need peace of mind. I am not sure what you have access to, but your ob or family doctor need to order an ultrasound. And you need to advocate for yourself and baby. The fact you had a scan that morning should not erase the fact you started bleeding AFTER and hence need to know if baby is okay.

P.S. Of course you tested positive for pregnancy, HCG levels are present for weeks after a MC. Not to say that you had/having one, but the clinic you went to should not have considered your HGC levels a sign everything is okay.

Thank you ladies. Paradise that's what I thought about the pregnancy test, I actually said to the doctor well everything was fine this morning so it would be positive, then he said actually you'd be surprised how quick it changes.

I didn't believe him!

Did the scan show baby was bang on for dates or near enough? If so - should be just fine love. Bleeding after a several weeks in and especially after a heartbeat is seen isn't usually an indication of impending mc...I mean, it can be, it just usually isn't. I bled 3 times in my pregnancy 7 weeks, 9 weeks and 12 weeks. x

Thank you Linny, yes measuring a day ahead what I thought (32 day cycle) your experience has really given me hope thank you xx

I bled on and off through out the first and second trimester of my last pregnancy and other then them scares my pregnancy and labour went without any real problems , really lucky tbh and Kian was born a healthy wee baby boy with absolutely no problems at all :flower: I know it is terribly scary when it happens though! I was in tears everytime and was lucky that my midwife was so supportive and seen me every time it happened to reassure me! Tmi but she told me that some women get super sensitive down there when pregnant and well when you are your partner .. Ahhemm :haha: it can cause you to bleed. Also when I got far enough to hear baby's heartbeat , whenever i was in doubt she would let me hear :)

So I would say keep an eye on it if there is pain also but at the same time try not to worry yourself sick! :flower: oh ps when you are far enough along you can actually buy a Doppler online to hear the heartbeat whenever you want! Think I may have to invest in one for this time round! :flower:

Thank you Sarah :flower: I really wish I did have a Doppler but I'm scared I'll be useless at it & would panic me more.

I'll let midwife know what's going on really hoping she gets me a scan.

Really hope I have a good story at the end of all this :(

I think baby is a girl, scan looks just like DD's

My mum bled throughout first tri with me, hence she didn't find out until 5 months gone as she thought I was wind :wacko:

:dust:

Hun - sounds like an SCH. Subchorionic Haematoma. There's a support group in the pregnancy groups.

I had one at 7 weeks - gushing red blood, thought it was all over. My GP said if there were no clots then possibly all was not lost. It's actually really common in the first tri and usually resolves on its own by 20 weeks.

Mine turned to brown blood and kept going for another 4 weeks. It's horrible seeing blood at any point, and until it happened to me I always thought it was bad news. But just wanted to post a positive outcome for you.

So I would never buy anything in the first tri, SCH or otherwise! But stay positive xx

Thank you Rickles, I haven't had any clots & still no more bleeding yet so maybe that is what it is xx

Glad to hear things are looking positive! Totally sounds like the same thing that happened to me when I was pregnant with Kian, did you find an okay price doppler? I know some places rent them for cheaper I've heard, I'm thinking about getting one for this pregnancy but need to find one at a good price or oh will just moan that it's a waste of money :dohh: :haha: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->