Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

more britax hi way questions from me :blush:

for anyone that has one, do you have both bits of belt strap (from the feeding side not the plug in side) going through the belt lock off, or do you only lock off the lower part of the belt and leave the top part out of it.

i hope that makes sense :wacko:

to me the manual suggests both should run through the lock off, however alot of pictures from the seat installed in sweeden seem to look as if only the bottom section is through. i am interested to know what others do.

i have attatched a picture of the bit i mean.

also, i have read up a bit on why it states there should be at least a 10mm gap between the back of the seat and the seat infront, and it seems that is just to ensure that the installer is forced to use the support leg, it seems that having the seat touch the front seat and making sure the support leg is touching the floor fully extended makes a much sturdier safer install and thats what the norm for the seats install is in sweeden...heres a link to a page with a snippet of info on about that, although the article itself is about isovix vs belt.
https://www.sikkerautostol.dk/2010/09/isofix-vs-bilseleseatbelt/

i was pointed in the direction of that by facebook - Extended Rear Facing - Knowledge Saves Lives - UK
https://www.facebook.com/permalink....cing-Knowledge-Saves-Lives-UK/105334509544819
its quite a good fb group quiet but the lady(haven't a clue who she is!) is very helpful

:D

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3
From watching a few installation videos the Hi-way and the Multi-tech seem SO similar, And i have the Multitech but just have the bottom part of the belt through the lock off.. I did have both through but it didnt look right! I would think its just the bottom part... But dont quote me !

I've got the Hi Way and going by what the manual says i put them both through the lock off. I'm going to go and have a look at the video's again though to be sure!

i have both through, i think the manual should be clearer with this, but it deffinatly seems to suggest it should both go through.

:shrug: i dont even know if its that important, obviosuly i want the install to be perfect but the manual doesnt make a big deal about it, and online there isn't a vast ammount of questions or mentioning of it.
it might not even matter weather both are through or not, but its bugging me!

I would just ring Britax? Or any shop that sells it i guess they wouldnt know if you did actually buy it there or not hehe

I emailed Britax a question about fitting a few weeks ago (using the contact bit on their website) and they got back to me with an answer really quickly. Worth a try!

I have both bits through the lock, as I followed the manual, but would be good to know the answer!

I just bought Hana's convertible car seat today! We got the Britax Boulevard 65. So excited!

for anyone who is intending on buying a seat in the near future...

we decided to go with the besafe iZi combi X3 isofix. no where near us (nottingham) stocked it, so we decided to drive to wigan to this shop:
https://www.pramworld.co.uk/

the seat online is priced at £339, but in store it is £299! they aren't allowed to advertise it at a reduced rate online but they said it is always worth calling them to check prices in store.

they were really great, fitted it in our car for us and away we went. hope this helps someone!

Hey ladies,
I've just bought a 2004 ford focus c-max and it has those under floor compartments! now we have a besafe izi combi (non isofix) so im guessing i will need to fill the compartment some how because of the support bar? I've read about it on this thread some where before but couldn't find it. Can anyone help?

hmmm... I have that car... and i dont know anything about underfloor compartments! Maybe ill look?!!? Actually mine might be 02, But either way hasnt made a difference to the support bar working?

hmmm... I have that car... and i dont know anything about underfloor compartments! Maybe ill look?!!? Actually mine might be 02, But either way hasnt made a difference to the support bar working?

Its to do with the box withstanding the impact in case of an accident.:thumbup:

Yeah if you have underfloor compartments, they need filling if you have a seat with a floor support. Otherwise, the support might just go through into the compartment in an accident and the seat wouldn't work properly.

I think if you want them filling, you're supposed to go to the car manufacturer. I guess they would be the best people to ask anyway.

They're for storage aren't they? So you should be able to see a way to get into them, maybe have a look? Or look in the car's manual book thing, or Google it!

I didnt notice anything when putting in mat's at the feet or when putting in the carseat, But ill go and investigate tomorrow just incase!

Purpledahlia, I didn't realise you had a c-max, I thought you had a normal focus, not sure why I though that though (possibly the what seat in your car thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->