Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

Oh, i think i do have a normal focus! I didnt notice u wrote c-max... i dont think i have a c-max! lol!!

There is no floor storage in the normal focus or the estate, so you'll be fine :thumbup:

hi girls, i was just wondering if anyone knew the difference between the secura hi-way available on the milton keynes website, and the hi-way 2 on the carseat.se site?
thanks!!

A bit of a silly question but...where do the tethering straps attach in non Volvos? (for non isofix seats like the Britax multi tech) I have a Volvo ERF seat and there are special brackets on the bottom of the seats for the tethering straps. I've never seen these in non Volvo cars though so where do you attach the straps? sorry for being silly but I'm looking into getting an ERF seat for my parents car and I'm a bit confused!!! do you just tie them around the bottom of the seat?

I put mine through the gap between the back of the passenger seat and the um... seat of the passenger seat :) If that makes sense. So there's a bit of wriggling to do, but once you've done one side, it's much easier to do the other.

Siyren - I'm fairly sure that the Milton Keynes place now sell the Hi-Way 2 :) I forget where the thread was (possibly in Baby Club), but someone posted their response from the MK place confirming they sold the Hi-Way 2 :)

Muti-tech tethering, As far as i could tell there was two options but my car has a metal bar under the seat so i looped it around that and tightened it...

i tethered mine round the seat bite where the top part of seat joins to the bottom part at each side. :)

the secura hi way and the hi way 2 dont appearto be any differnt to me, i have the secura but its identical and has the same features as the 2 unless its the support leg...i read something somewhere about a hi way having a different leg that could be the 2
x

Im going to have to read through this thread at some point. The lovely lady who worked in the car seat part of mothercare managed to help me convince OH to go ERF.

So the multi tech fits well in most cars?? I'm about to get the Audi A4 S line buuuuut not going to get it unless I can fit the seat :haha: anyone have any clue? I do. I dont want to be really cramped too much.

Or if you can get the measurement of how long the inside of the car is.. from front passenger dashboard to back seat rest, can measure the seat then you will know how much space ud have left? Think it was like 26cms when laura measured it for me

Thanks, will need to sell mine first but I refuse to buy a car it won't fit in :dohh:

Yeah, Could always get the seat and then take it with you when you go to view the car, Since you def want the seat its not gonna be a waste of money! Also think the birtax hi-way (i think) is meant to be compact too?

The DuoLogic is another compact seat, though I don't think that one is available from any UK dealer. You'd have to import it, which I guess might put the damper on that idea!

Are there import taxes or duties to pay on ordering a carseat from Hakan? I emailed him a while back and he recommended either the Britax hiway or the Duologic I and having thought about it, we're likely to go with the Duologic. I'd like to order it from him, but have no idea if we'll have to pay customs etc? Also how long it's likely to take to get here?

Are you in the UK? You don't need to pay customs from any country within the EU. I'm not sure on the time length though sorry xx

You don't pay anything other than the shipping charges listed on the site :)

I ordered my seat on the 2nd of the month, it was shipped on the 3rd and I received it on the 8th. Only reason it took that long was that the 3rd was a Friday, so the weekend held things up slightly :)

Can't recommend either carseat.se or the DuoLogic enough :)

Thanks PinkClaire and Eala. Sounds good! Does anyone know where I can find pictures of the other colours, though? There are three apparently, Autumn Leaves, Cosmopolitan, and Block Cool, and they only have Block Cool in stock. I want to see pics of Autumn Leaves and Cosmopolitan to see whether to wait until they're back in stock or just order the Block Cool (which does have a pic).

Sorry, no idea what the other colours look like! I couldn't even find it on the Swedish Graco site! The Block Cool is really pretty though! So gutted, when I bought my DuoLogic2, the DuoLogic1 was still quite different, and only came in grey :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->