Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

Came across this today and wanted to pass it on

https://carseatblog.com/?p=5168

Good link!

I have another RFing question.

I got my Radian installed in the middle of the backseat. It is a good install... except for one bit (maybe). I have a Merc Mountaineer with that back seat that is divided into two parts. One part is a bench that goes from the passenger side through the middle. The other part is a bench that goes behind the driver. The entire thing makes a long bench, with a split right next to the middle "seat" position. Does that make sense???

Anyway, the car seat, when in the middle, is about an inch to the side of that split (but completely on the longer bench seat). Because of that, the coushin there seems to be sinking or "crushing" faster than the rest. This causes a very slight (but noticable) lean of the carseat toward one side. It is slight, but definitely there. I can't figure out a way to correct it!

So, my question. Is there a way to correct it? And if not, is it safer for the seat to have this very slight lean and be in the middle... or safer for it to be on the edge where the lean won't happen?

TIA :flower:

It's ok for it to be leaning a bit, as long as it's installed good. you can have no more than 1in movement at the belt path. So as long as it's in there good it should be fine :)

Hayden is sitting here with me when I read saw your av and SCREAMED "*gasp* mommy!!! A CAT!!!!" then in a very quiet voice "meow, meow" rubbing his head on my arm:dohh:

:rofl: SOOOOO cute!!! :cloud9:

Thanks for that. It is definitely a good install with regards to movement at the belt path. Less than an inch. It just the lean. :wacko: I wonder if it makes him uncomfortable to always have a slight tilt, but I have no way to ask him! :haha:

Yeah my MA installed that way before we rearranged the seats and I had asked the techs then just to double check and they reassured me it was just fine :d He probably doesn't even notice. I know Hayden didn't seem to mind that way or when it was completely straight

Everyone is a bit mistaken about rearfacing seats in the UK, there are a fair few on offer on the net. This site has a list of stockists- https://www.rearfacing.co.uk/
I bought my Bitax hi-way which rearfaces until 40lbs from this site, they have about 5 other models as well, the hi-way was one of the cheapest- https://www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk/shop/rearward-facing-seats.html
hope thats helps xxxxx

No we said you can order them in but most of the seats available at the stores there are pretty low weight as far as rear facing goes. That's why some of the girls were saying they were ordering in from sweden, it's the same seats you posted :) The multi tech, hiway and the others :)

But that's for that site, gives alot more options on where to buy from for the ladies there in the UK

No we said you can order them in but most of the seats available at the stores there are pretty low weight as far as rear facing goes. That's why some of the girls were saying they were ordering in from sweden, it's the same seats you posted :) The multi tech, hiway and the others :)

But that's for that site, gives alot more options on where to buy from for the ladies there in the UK

Oh I see, its just some people where saying there was one model avaliable. There was me gettin all excited thinkin I was bein uber helpful lol :dohh: xxx

Haha you def were helpful!!! There were a couple on that site I hadn't seen on the other site that had been posted. And maybe with those people can find some retailers close to home that wouldn't be as expensive to ship :D

Everyone is a bit mistaken about rearfacing seats in the UK, there are a fair few on offer on the net. This site has a list of stockists- https://www.rearfacing.co.uk/
I bought my Bitax hi-way which rearfaces until 40lbs from this site, they have about 5 other models as well, the hi-way was one of the cheapest- https://www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk/shop/rearward-facing-seats.html
hope thats helps xxxxx

Thanks...I saw your signature the other day and was trying to find the Britax Hi-Way without success, so the link was v helpful!

The Britax Hi way or similar - are these easy to take out of the car and put into another car? I'll have to do this twice a day when Ruby goes to her childminder 3 days a week...

We have a Britax First Plus and even though it's not difficult to move I do find it a bit of a faff. It would be the same with all seats though I imagine, don't know if it is better with isofix or something. You would prob get pretty fast at it doing it that often anyway!

I have been meaning to come on here for a few days, Since Freya was born I have had her in her baby car seat in the front (RF obv) or in the back if someone else was in the car. She has always been able to see me, and me her. We bought the First Plus just over a month ago, and she went FF in it as in our old car the seat belt wouldn't reach with it RF (we knew we were getting a new car so this wouldn't be for long). She was FF for a few weeks and now we have the new car she has been RF for over a week. I thought she wouldn't like it was she couldn't see me for the first time and I can't see her (I am trying to find a mirror though) but if anything she is quieter and not as fussy in the car as she used to be. She has always hated it and cries a lot in the car as she hates being forced to be still, lol, but I think she has calmed down a bit RF.

Brilliant! Nice having a baby who only cries for half the journey rather than all of it! :D

Thats great Kristen!!!! hayden was the same way, he had to be FF for a short time and I was wondering how he would do going back RF but he seemed happier with it too :)

I don't see the Britax Hi-Way on that site. Or is it the same as the Fix-Way?

I have no idea how much the shipping would be to where you are but I found it on this site if you hadn't seen :)

https://www.carseat.se/store.html

I don't see the Britax Hi-Way on that site. Or is it the same as the Fix-Way?

its called the secura hi way on that site, but the seat is a britax, think secura is there europian name and postage is FREE!!!!!!

The seat is fairly easy once you get the hang of it, we bought 2 sets of tether straps, you get one wid the seat and the other set was £19, you leave the straps in the car at all times, a bit like a car seat base type thing. Then you just have to thread the seat belt thro :) xxxx

I don't know if these Qs have already been asked, but...

does it get easier to put them in the car seat as they get older? I find it really hard to get Blythe into her seat atm (she has a convertible seat) as I have to get her over the seatbelt without banging her head on the roof of the door.

Do the seats not mean that your front seats are pushed quite far forward? My OH can't put Blythe's seat behind the driver's seat as he can't get his seat back far enough, and my car's even smaller than that (though it's by no means a small car).

I don't know if these Qs have already been asked, but...

does it get easier to put them in the car seat as they get older? I find it really hard to get Blythe into her seat atm (she has a convertible seat) as I have to get her over the seatbelt without banging her head on the roof of the door.

Do the seats not mean that your front seats are pushed quite far forward? My OH can't put Blythe's seat behind the driver's seat as he can't get his seat back far enough, and my car's even smaller than that (though it's by no means a small car).

Our seatbelt isn't at all in the way of putting them in? I guess maybe it's the seat you have where the beltpath is? You happen to have a pic of it?

The seats are forward a bit, right now with our radian it's so thin that it fits pretty nicely between the two front seats so me and Mark can sit comfortably. (it's installed in the middle) Before with our Marathon we had to put it behind the driver because if it was on the passenger side it blocked Mark's view out that window and the only way all 3 seats would install was with Casen's in the middle so that was the only option, it did make Mark sit up more but he just made do, it wasn't too bad. Depending on your car, you will need to read your manual, but some seats are fine leaning against the back of the seat in front of them, but you can't push it, like it can't move the car seat at all when you move your seat, but it can be touching, so maybe he can go back a little bit?

I've got a britax first class plus but I can't find any images on google of it fitted RF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->