Rearward prams are better - study

marley2580

Reaction score
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7739655.stm

Kaya took part in this research!:blush:

Studies like these actually upset me, they say one thing one month and something else the other month. I gotta learn to stop paying any attention

I agree with Amy, it makes me feel like a bad person, just because my daughter faces away from me.

Our local newspaper reported on this a while ago (not the exact study) but in a less harsh way! I think I posted about it actually. It made me turn our pushchair rearward and I do prefer it but I don't know if Ally is bothered! He might be as he gets older I guess.

Totally untrue anyway :lol:

Carly is way ahead of her age talking and always had been facing away from me as others at her school. So all poop :lol:

i agree it just makes people feel bad and is totally untrue anyway

How many pushchairs actually face you anyway? Until the last couple of years I'd only seen the carrycot view and away from you ...maybe I'm wrong as I wasn't pushchair browsing then lol

i'm tempted to get a new stroller i must say.....makes sense that i'd talk to LO more if I could see him. And we walk for at least 1 hr a day so it could benefit him..

I've never seen a a stroller that faces the front? :huh:

I can't see how it would actually affect things such as development...

Hannah's does but it's a travel system so she's actually in her carseat facing us. Really convenient for popping the pacifier back in I must say. Plus it keeps people's hands out better than if she were facing forwards :rofl:

How many pushchairs actually face you anyway? Until the last couple of years I'd only seen the carrycot view and away from you ...maybe I'm wrong as I wasn't pushchair browsing then lol

Not many! To be honest it was one of our main considerations when purchasing our pram as I wanted our LO to still be able to face us from 6 months (just personal preference). We bought the M&P Pliko pram for this reason and I think there was also one Silver Cross one where you also had the option.

I have the icandy can be either way but recently moved to the Luna and tbh she loves it ...Caitlin loves looking at other people and whats around her :D

i have something like the luna to :D i find it great ciaran realy like facing others .. i feel bad now lol

I have the m&p travel system, at the moment Erin is facing me (I use the car seat bit mainly) but she always goes to sleep so I don't really talk to her much. When she gets a bit bigger I will use the pushchair bit which can be forward or rear facing. I was going to put her facing forward as she is quite nosey and loves to look around. Not sure what to do now.

I have a stroller which can face you and away and I have to admit I havent yet put her facing away from me, I just get so much joy from watching her constantly and talking to her and interracting, sometimes too much cos I keep running over peoples feet!:dohh:

Just suits me! Im sure shed love it facing away, I just can't part from it yet!:blush:

To be honest, it's probably true that they advance in a couple of ways. However, there was no bloody rearward facing strollers when einstein was a tot!

Jack much prefers facing me in the carseat of the travel system to sitting facing outwards in the pushchair bit!! When he is in the pushchair & we go shopping, he is a nightmare - crying & screaming in all of the shops until he falls to sleep. In the carseat he is quiet as a mouse & will sleep when he needs to. I am going to be looking for a stroller soon as I cannot deal with this big travel system much longer & he will have outgrown the carseat soon anyway. Was going to get a green Luna, but not sure now:dohh:

I don't really believe everything that these studies tell us. I think the last one was that pregnant women should drink alcohol occassionally!! I give up!...
I have to say though, I chose my pram/stroller because I did want it to face either direction up to toddler age. This was purely because I wanted to know that I had the option to chat/see my little man when we were out. I certainly don't think that it's worth rushing out to buy new strollers just because of this study though.

Hannah's does but it's a travel system so she's actually in her carseat facing us. Really convenient for popping the pacifier back in I must say. Plus it keeps people's hands out better than if she were facing forwards :rofl:

Same as Vickie! And they use the carseat part for quite awhile...

I don't think its true, Kacy is the same as carley advance in her talking and everything.

I think it depends on the child really some children will like looking at their parents vice versa, but some children wouldn't be bothered about loooking at their mum's they would rather look around and see what is going on.

but saying that it does stop people touching the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->