Rearward prams are better - study

these things upset me to. does this make me a bad mother beacuse my baby doesnt face me??? no im still a good mummy and i wish they wouldnt use the words physiological (sp?) damage it sounds to damn harsh.

sorry in a bad mood this morning

To be honest, it's probably true that they advance in a couple of ways. However, there was no bloody rearward facing strollers when einstein was a tot!

Not true, babies were all in the big prams facing their mum. I've seen loads of newborns in outward facing strollers and I can't imagine not being able to see my two week old baby.

Caitlyn still faces me, I couldn't have her the other way yet, but I think that study is going to piss the majority of mums off. Caitlyn will be going forward facing VERY soon.

To be honest, it's probably true that they advance in a couple of ways. However, there was no bloody rearward facing strollers when einstein was a tot!

Not true, babies were all in the big prams facing their mum. I've seen loads of newborns in outward facing strollers and I can't imagine not being able to see my two week old baby.

ok... ffion does face me.. but i think your comments are going to seriously annoy people.

for a start.. rear facing strollers and twice as expensive as regular strollers, what if a mum doesnt have enough money to buy an expensive stroller?
also, there arent many places near me personally that actually sell rear facing strollers.. mothercare only just started selling them and they were definetly less available when my son was a baby.
and most forward facing strollers have a mesh bit in the hood so you can actually see your baby through it.

i have plenty of other things to say but im in the middle of eating a bacon buttie so will leave it at that

My friends baby is 3 months old, faces away from my friend, and he laughs MORE than Caitlyn. Caitlyn is a happy baby but he is more vocal, laughs more, and is more chilled. This study is biased. She went out to prove they were better.

I have an M&P travel system which only faces forwards, but atm she is still using the carseat part so is always facing us, but I have another pram which faces towards us for when she is bigger. I am not sure how much of this I believe though, cos I didn't face my Mum, well most of us didn't and we're not all thick :lol: (No one check my last post or you opinion on whether or not I'm thick will be changed! :rofl: )

well when ciaran was born i had him in the m&p travel system and when he got to about 3 months he was constantly traying to look about him so i bought a new pram the m&p ora and he seems pretty much happyer :D he play with his wee pram toy and is quite chilled

these things upset me to. does this make me a bad mother beacuse my baby doesnt face me??? no im still a good mummy and i wish they wouldnt use the words physiological (sp?) damage it sounds to damn harsh.

sorry in a bad mood this morning
Just ignore it [-(

I think its poo!

ok... ffion does face me.. but i think your comments are going to seriously annoy people.

for a start.. rear facing strollers and twice as expensive as regular strollers, what if a mum doesnt have enough money to buy an expensive stroller?
also, there arent many places near me personally that actually sell rear facing strollers.. mothercare only just started selling them and they were definetly less available when my son was a baby.
and most forward facing strollers have a mesh bit in the hood so you can actually see your baby through it.

i have plenty of other things to say but im in the middle of eating a bacon buttie so will leave it at that

Marley may correct me but I think she meant those big old faishioned prams the MASSIVE ones that you would see kids in longer than you would see a baby in a carrycot now!

Also I think when Marley said she couldn't imagine not seeing her 2 week old baby she means personal preference ...Marley has a facing you pram and from what I recall also used the carseat attachment like I did with the icandy and although I feel this study is poo and not something I'm listening to at all MY personal preference says that I can't imagine LO not facing me either ...I liked it ...nothing to do with the news.

I can't see any of the above quoted from Marley as annoying!

:)

Joseph faced me in his pram up until he was 5 months now he faces forward in his new one. I think he much prefers it because he loves seeing things around him like wobbles said about Caitlin :)

jack faced me until 3 months when he got to big for carry cot, he still sometimes goes in the car seat attachment. but will sometimes face away fromme which he preferes x

Don't worry, there'll be another study in about 18 months to contradict it. Just because one piece of research says something does not mean it's gospel. Scaremongering tosh in my opinion.

I'm mixed with all these Pram,stroller,buggy,carrycot terms! :lol:

Lola currently faces me.
But when she's a older and she's in the stroller/pushchair,whatever you call it,she'll be facing forward.

we have decided to allowed £50 budget for each of us for christmas, i've decided to try and win a loola or something off ebay :rofl:

Will make my Pram tally up to 5. Ridiculous.

we have decided to allowed £50 budget for each of us for christmas, i've decided to try and win a loola or something off ebay :rofl:

Will make my Pram tally up to 5. Ridiculous.

we have two which I think is to many! But we needed something more compact for the airport :wacko:

My Caitlins started to get really stroppy facing me - she sees me as 'attention now' but loves facing outwards now the few times I've had the seat facing away, in the old stroller & now the Luna :D

Jasmine faced me until she was around 5months, and still does occasionally if she is in her car seat, these new studies make me feel like crap

Thanks wobbles, I did mean the massive prams with the big wheels and the basket underneath. I also want to make clear that Kaya now faces outwards, and has done since she was about 5 months. I do intend to buy a rearward facing pram for the next baby, but I also intend to carry it in a sling and I'm not saying those are better. I personally could not put a newborn baby in a forward facing pram, I would want to be able to see them at all times.

I don't understand why people take these things personally, it's just a study, it's all about averages. It's not saying that you are a bad parent, and neither am I, I would never judge anyone. I posted it because Kaya took part in the study - she got a t-shirt and everything. lol

I have a pram like you mentioned Marley, and i've got a quinny buzz aswell so when mini pp is here i can pick and choose which way she faces. But when she is small i'll definatley have her facing me.

My first thought when this topic came up and i havent seen anybody mention it yet ...

I always thought having a newborn facing you then once they get a bit bigger to have them facing away was the norm? I'm quite suprised how much reaction there has been to it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->