Rearward prams are better - study

Thanks wobbles, I did mean the massive prams with the big wheels and the basket underneath. I also want to make clear that Kaya now faces outwards, and has done since she was about 5 months. I do intend to buy a rearward facing pram for the next baby, but I also intend to carry it in a sling and I'm not saying those are better. I personally could not put a newborn baby in a forward facing pram, I would want to be able to see them at all times.

I don't understand why people take these things personally, it's just a study, it's all about averages. It's not saying that you are a bad parent, and neither am I, I would never judge anyone. I posted it because Kaya took part in the study - she got a t-shirt and everything. lol

sorry if i seemed a little off it just the way they word these studies makes u feel bad. nothing was aimed at u it was aimed at the wording of the study. as a newborn jack faced me too until 3 months x

its just there always seems to be a study to make mums feel bad x :hug:

the thing that makes me annoyed is that there are mums out there that cant actually afford a rear facing pram. i see newborns facing forward all the time in Rhyl, especially those with side by side twin strollers where there is an older child and a newborn.

i feel so sorry for these mums, this study could make them think that they are a bad mum.

speaking from personal experience my mum actually went out and bought me a rear facing stroller as she wasnt happy with ffion facing forward in our double pram. although it was nice of her to buy it and i love it, i was a bit offended that she thought i was doing something wrong by having ffion face forward. and how she just went out and acted on the 'problem' without consulting me first.

maybe that is why i feel so strongly...

im not angry at members, im angry at the way this study makes me feel

Jack faces away from me and seen as he is asleep most of the time when he is in his pram i don't talk to him that much anyway. Hes a nosy baby anyway so when he is awake he like to look around.
I take no notice of studies like this. Their only purpose it seems is to make some parents feel bad!

Hi my little one is 12 weeks old now and he used to face me when he was smaller and all he used to do was sleep but now he is bigger he sometimes fusses as he has to lie down in the pram so i decided to change it round to the pushchair so he could see where he was going etc and he is much happier cause he is so nosey!! I have the silvercross jetsport pram. I had my nan phoning me up after she had seen that about them facing u on the news saying I should turn him back round. Arghh. Ha Ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->