Recommend me a holiday? :)

C

Ceejay123

Where do you usually go on holiday? Budget? What do you do? :)

We're currently on an amazing holiday with my whole family for three weeks in Disneyland Florida. We've cruised around the keys in a few Marriott hotels and had a blast. We're now staying in villas in Orlando and doing the parks/the entertainment in the resort! However, I fancy a more... family suited, calming holiday next year!

So far we're looking at booking 4 days in Centre Parcs around the Easter Holidays, and perhaps a week in Turkey or somewhere similar, all inclusive. (I could only do a week all inclusive as I get bored on resorts). We also have a week with my family in Cornwall booked for the Summer.

My LO LOVES the water.

What do you do? :) Do you recommend it? We can't book dates yet as we don't know our situation for the next few months /what dates we will be available; so we need somewhere that won't be booked up until nearer Xmas.

We are looking at going to Croatia in August (waiting for kids passport before booking anything!).

We are looking at Slano which is about 30miles from Dubrovnik. I get bored in a resort so like to do things. There are plenty of trips to do:-
Dubrovnik ("Kings Landing" off Game of Thrones)
Montenegro
Boat Trips to the islands.

Pricewise, we have been quoted £3,500 for two week all inclusive in a 4* hotel. We have been recommended the hotel by friends.

this year we're holidaying in the UK, really looking forward to it.

Next year I'd like to go back to Salou in Spain as there's so much to do or Sa Coma in Majorca as Its so family orientated.

This year we are going to Portugal! 2 years ago we went to alcudia! Love them both, great family friendly places!

We holiday in the UK at self catering places now we have kids. All the places we've been are big though as we go with in laws as well. How many bedrooms are you looking for?

We're not sure yet. It'll likely be two bedrooms. :)

I've been quoted about £2k for Turkey, £3k for a lovely place in Portugal.

I never thought of Croatia! That sounds like a lovely trip! X

We're going to kefalonia in Greece on Sunday!

Quite fancy Malta too but will probably just get a last minute deal for majorca or menorca next year

Where abouts in kefalonia are you going Blah?

I went to kefalonia last month. We stayed in Lassi. The beaches are great but I don't think I would go back. The Main Street is along a main road. No harbour to walk along :(

Last year we went to Croatia and I loved it. There's enough to do but it's pretty chilled out and the views are to die for. We stayed in Cavtat but I probably wouldn't recommend it for families as there was no beach.

Where abouts in kefalonia are you going Blah?

I went to kefalonia last month. We stayed in Lassi. The beaches are great but I don't think I would go back. The Main Street is along a main road. No harbour to walk along :(

Last year we went to Croatia and I loved it. There's enough to do but it's pretty chilled out and the views are to die for. We stayed in Cavtat but I probably wouldn't recommend it for families as there was no beach.

It's the North that is meant to be the prettiest I think! It's less built up by holiday companies and more traditionally Greek. We're hoping to go to Fiscardo in September.

Can't tell you how good it is yet as we haven't been but budget will be £1000 including apartment, flights, car hire and spends. Off season and last minute to keep costs down.

Its skala we're going to. Its an old fishing village that's more like seaside town now. Lassi is a purpose built resort :(

Yeah, Lassi is supposed to be the busiest resort too but it was really quiet when we were there. But then, the season hadn't really started yet. I wish I had have looked into it a bit more. I would defo recommend a car hire if you go to Kefalonia tho, it's a small island so you can go anywhere you want. You also have to go into Argostoli in the morning (about 10am) and check out the loggerhead turtles that are in the harbour :thumbup:

We are only going on a Haven holiday to Hafan Y Mor this year (on friday).
Next year we are hoping to go to Sa Coma in Majorca. We used to go as kids and loved it there, lovely beach and great for families. I love Turkey but with a toddler and baby I think a 2hr flight would be enough for us lol.

Kefalonia is extremely pretty! We're in skala and its a pretty nice resort
Lots of tavernas and only 2/3 bars so not rowdy at all.

:) gonna hire a car to explore the island next week x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->