Recommendation of when to test

FLArmyWife

Reaction score
I'm only 1dpo but I was just wondering what people suggest is the best 1st day to test.

FF says I shouldn't test until 19 dpo! I guess due to irregular cycle lengths? I highly doubt I'm going to be able to wait until 19 dpo to test...

So what would you girls recommend as the 1st best day to test

19!! Thats just forever!! Well i'm 2dpo today and thinking poss next Monday when will be 8dpo. I can't help it, and have a stash of ic's ready! But I have a 27-29 cycle and I have got bfp's about a week before af due for my other pregnancies.

I stumbled across this yesterday might be of interest to you!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/results-by-day-past-ovulation.php

I know right?! 19 is insanely long... my cycles fluctuate between 28 days and 32 days..
but I"m thinking next Friday at the earliest? it'd be 10 dpo..

Yeah go for it!!! But I am a poas addict! :haha: :winkwink:

It comes down to how you'll feel if it's a BFN. When I have tested before AF is late and seen the clear negative, it really depresses me - FAR more than just getting AF and knowing I didn't conceive. So, if you truly think you can handle seeing a negative, you can usually start to get a line if you conceived around 9dpo at the earliest. I'd wait until you experience signs of implantation (a temp dip and rise back up and/or spotting around 6-12 DPO) and if you do, test a few days after (so, that would probably be around 10DPO as you're planning to test now). GL and :dust:

Natnee- what is poas adidct

starry- BFNs are kinda depressing but help be to prepare. I hate being out and about and being hit with period pain or bleeding and having nothing. Especially since I have endo and the pain is horrific. I don't have a thermometer so I'm not temping (not to mention my dr says it's not a big deal to temp).

Thank you both for the :dust: and luck

starry- BFNs are kinda depressing but help be to prepare. I hate being out and about and being hit with period pain or bleeding and having nothing. Especially since I have endo and the pain is horrific. I don't have a thermometer so I'm not temping (not to mention my dr says it's not a big deal to temp).

Temping is just the only way to know if and when you ovulated, and it is also handy as usually your bbt drops just before AF starts. GL hun!

yeah a lot of people swear by temping. unfortunately I just don't have a schedule that would be conducive to temping. My pups wake up in the middle of the night and in order to keep them from waking my husband I have to get out of bed immediately I tried temping for about 2 weeks back in July but it was all over the place.

This might be a silly question... Does everyone have spotting during implantation??

POAS = pee on a stick!! Although I usually go in a little pot and dip!

I'm same as you re temping, haven't considered it as I usually get woken up by our cat during the night, probably a couple of hours before my alarm goes off, so thought that would affect it!

POAS = pee on a stick!! Although I usually go in a little pot and dip!

I'm same as you re temping, haven't considered it as I usually get woken up by our cat during the night, probably a couple of hours before my alarm goes off, so thought that would affect it!

Ah gotcha...

Exactly. I read somewhere it needs to be like 6+ hours of uninterrupted sleep... yeah not happening. My pups got me up last night at 1 and 6...

On fertility friend hun it's at least 3 hours solid sleep.

I've never had implantation bleeding I've been temping for years I'm thinking of maybe testing 11dpo just then tho to prepare me for af unless of course i get spotting for me that signals af is on her way x

ok.. 3 hours of sleep MIGHT be possible.. just going to have to work on it..

I tested at what i think was 9 DPO and 10 DPO and both were very much BFN :( I have done lots of research as to when to test and everyone gets a BFP at different DPO. Most people say that you're best bet is to wait until you have missed your period, but for most of us that is just too long of a wait!

Most people say that you're best bet is to wait until you have missed your period, but for most of us that is just too long of a wait!

I agree! My problem is I wait until my period is late, test, BFN, and then my period comes that afternoon or the next day.

I swear, my cycle has lengthened by a day each of these last 4 or 5 cycles just to mess with me! As if the TWW wasn't tricksie enough on it own! :dohh:

I've read a bit about other ladies not getting BFPs until a week after their missed AF. I'd love to see a chart or graph that shows what CD different percentages of women get BFPs.

Lemon- one of the lovely ladies here posted a link that kinda does just that

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/results-by-day-past-ovulation.php

Lemon- one of the lovely ladies here posted a link that kinda does just that

You're wonderful! Thank you! :hugs:

lol no need to thank me. I wasn't the one that found it just passed it on

Oh my gosh that's just cruel Lemon!!! I bought more dollar store tests today so I can test, but, I'm trying to hold off at the same time.....I dont want to waste money even if it is just a dollar plus seeing BFN is sorta a let down. I think it will help to be part of this community....misery loves company LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->