Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hi Mummy1234

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear you ae going through this.
I haven't had the methotrexate injection, but I did have an ectopic pg 5 wks ago and gad discussed methotrexate with the nurse at EPAS, unfortunately I had to have emergency op and lost my right tube.
Anyway, from what I discussed with nurses the methotrexate injection is used to epel any tissue and used in early tubal pg's, I understand that it is only 3 months that you must wait to TTC, the reason for this is it can cause defects in baby.
I was advised that it can have different effects, sometimes womewn are crampy for a few days, sometimes nothing for a week or so, I believe that you will have a follow up appointment as sometimes it has been know for some women to have 2 injections, and I would imagine EPAS will want to check hcg blood levels to ensure that they are falling.
Once again, I'm sorry you have had to go through this and waiting to TTC is a nightmare, I'm currently waiting to try on cycle 2 after my op.
Best wishes to you xxx

Mummy1234 - I meant to add, yes, def ask your gp for a referral, however it may be worth asking for a referral from EPAS, this is how I got into the NHS system, I was referred by EPAS and seen for tests within about 6 weeks, be warned though, they only test for sticky blood and chromosomal, both mine and dh came back fine, but my m/c's and ec, obviously there is a problem, I am now using progesterone therapy and aspirin anyway, but have discussed NK cell testing and am awaiting yet another appointment with my ob on the 16th where I will be asking for another referral in the hope of trying prednisone, lots of fun eh!!! x

Hi all - just checking in on you all. Lots to catch up on - I am still following.

I hope this gives some of you a bit of hope -:happydance: I'm 9 weeks today:happydance: - the furthest I've got with my last 3 pgs! My boobs are very sore so I'm feeling fairly confident although won't be at my scan on thursday for sure.

My consultant agreed to give me prednisolene without NK testing as a precaution - am also using progesterone sups every night and aspirin - the cocktail seems to be working even though it's ironic when I've spent 2 years all organic: food, beauty products, cleaning agents.. the lot!

Hello Everyone

I'm so sorry to hear about the new losses. I have a question or two. I miscarried on February 12th. Is it odd right now for me to be the most horny female on the planet???? I mean I haven't felt this way ever. My doc told me to wait 2 months before I get pregnant again but I told her that I have a wolverine for a man. I just finished my antibiotics and now they want me to start the birth control pills. What on earth should I do? I trust in God more than I do my doctor. I want to get started trying again like now. Has anyone ever disobeyed their doc and tried anyways????

Hey Chillii, I am soooo happy for you hun, makes me even more determined to get the prednisone/prenisolene. I already have the progesterone, so will be jumping up and down til I get it from my ob on 16th March.
I am so pleased for you :) and keeping everything crossed.

Goodgirl, tbh your gp is probs just be over cautious. I got pg 2 wks after a m/c, unfortunately it also ended in m/c but I have a history of recurrent and various problems.
As long as you feel ready physically and emotionally, go for it, apparently you are extra fertile after a m/c, I certainly was.
Good luck xxx

Thank you LeeC. I am emotionally ready but I do not want another miscarriage. If I can make it to my 12th week my problem can be resolved with the cerclage. I'm going to go for it because I can't give up on my mommy dreams. I made it to 4 months and wasn't aware that my womb wasn't rounding like it was suppose to which caused me to go into early silent labor. My check up is March 25th. I will keep u posted.

Mummy1234-I had a methotrexate shot for a possible ectopic pregnancy (it turned out to be just a cyst on my ovary) and I had no side effects that I can think of. I do remember that it HURT when they gave it to me and the shot site was tender for a few days.

Goodgirl35-I have had 4 m/c and have been told 4 different amounts of time to wait before TTC. The average seems to be 2 cycles (or 2 months, whichever comes first). It's interesting to note though that my one successful pregnancy was my fastest after a m/c. I had one cycle and then I got pg. So, if you get pg now, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will m/c. Good luck!

Goodgirl, I was told by most to wait until I'd had one normal af before trying again. If my first af was abnormal, I should wait longer than one month until I'd had a normal one.
This was after d&cs and natural m/cs. If you had any complications (methotrexate or a suspected molar for example) you'd have to wait longer.
Has your doctor explained why you are to use bcps?

Chilli, happy 9 weeks! :yipee: I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you!!!

Mummy1234-I had a methotrexate shot for a possible ectopic pregnancy (it turned out to be just a cyst on my ovary) and I had no side effects that I can think of. I do remember that it HURT when they gave it to me and the shot site was tender for a few days.

Goodgirl35-I have had 4 m/c and have been told 4 different amounts of time to wait before TTC. The average seems to be 2 cycles (or 2 months, whichever comes first). It's interesting to note though that my one successful pregnancy was my fastest after a m/c. I had one cycle and then I got pg. So, if you get pg now, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will m/c. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the response. I'm going to keep calm about everything. If it happens I will most definitely keep everyone posted.:happydance:

Goodgirl, I was told by most to wait until I'd had one normal af before trying again. If my first af was abnormal, I should wait longer than one month until I'd had a normal one.
This was after d&cs and natural m/cs. If you had any complications (methotrexate or a suspected molar for example) you'd have to wait longer.
Has your doctor explained why you are to use bcps?

Chilli, happy 9 weeks! :yipee: I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you!!!

She just told me to use the bcps for 2 months so that my body had enough time to completely heal from the blood loss I experienced. I lost 5 units and they only gave me 4. They gave me iron pills but when I took them they made me extra hot and I felt faint. I haven't taken one since. When I go for my check up they might get a surprise:winkwink:.

Lee C...Many Thanks for your reply, it was extremely helpful. Im kinda getting the jist of al the abbreviations...dh etc.... I take it EPAS will be the early pregnancy unit or it is something else? As i did ask them and they said to speak to my own gp once the methotrexate treatment has all finished. I had my follow up hcg bloods on sat and unfortunately they went up, but hosp says they are not worried as long as they start going down when i go tomoro for another blood test. :( I am so sorry in regards to your op and that is what is scaring me if my bloods dont start going down. However, my friends friend apparently had an ectopic , one tube removed , got pregnant on her next cycle and is now 7 month pregnant.so there is hope.You are a very brave lady as having 6 angels must have been extremely hard physically and mentally. But i would be exactly like you, keep trying. Dont give up and keep positive. It will Happen! xx

Stardust 22...Thanks for your reply....ppl's advice and support is a great help

Dairymomma.....it WAS painful...im just extremely tired and achey at the moment so touchwood no other symptoms occur. just cant wait until september to TTC again , but it feels like a million years away !

Thanks again everyone x

Lee C and petitpas - thanks so much for your good wishes - I'm still not counting my chickens but feel like it might actually be a possisibility this time.

Get prednisolone LeeC - what have they got to lose?? I don't honestly know if it has been that or progesterone or not working that has made the difference, but you gotta throw everything at it right?

Geez, goodgirl, I forgot about your bloodloss story. Any chance you could wait until you've had your checkup so you know you really are ok to get pregnant again? It sounds to me like your doc had a good medical reason to ask you to wait.
I know it's horrible to have to have to sit one out so maybe you could ask for an earlier checkup on the grounds that you didn't get on with the iron tablets and want to know whether you are still anemic or something?

Geez, goodgirl, I forgot about your bloodloss story. Any chance you could wait until you've had your checkup so you know you really are ok to get pregnant again? It sounds to me like your doc had a good medical reason to ask you to wait.
I know it's horrible to have to have to sit one out so maybe you could ask for an earlier checkup on the grounds that you didn't get on with the iron tablets and want to know whether you are still anemic or something?

They scheduled my appt for March 25th. My iron level has always been 13 or 14. I was surprise they didn't check me when I went for my 1 week postpartum follow-up. All the doc and I did was chat and they prescribed me the antibiotics then. That's when she told me about me never taking aspirin again bc they weren't for me with a slight chuckle.

I asked about the progesterone and they said absolutely no on that too. My bf was so hurt til he isolated himself totally from everyone for about 2 weeks. I never got a chance to start the birth control pills bc of the antibiotics. I was told by the pharmacist not to take them at the same time or I be more pregnant than I was before. Wish me Luck!!!!:hugs:

One born every minute starts in a couple of minutes and I believe there is a lady on there who suffered recurrent miscarriages...

Ah, 9babies, alas I cannot watch the US version :(
I can tell you that this lady had four losses and is now heavily pregnant!

Ooooh cheers Pip, I dont normally watch it as I get too upset (aka JEALOUS!!!!) but just put it on record C4+1.
x

Got it on Sky plus too.
Hey 9babies, how are you doing? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back