Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Yep Stardust I agree, managed about 5 mins :( nevermind, one day eh!!! x

(Sorry 9babies, I don't want to post too many details about the episode on here because some ladies are watching the programme on +1 or have recorded it - but I will say that there is a happy ending to the story)

hi lee, I am doing horribly. trying to try again. but we are having some life problems, so I dont know for how much longer we can try.

I really want to see the uk version of the show, but I can not seem to find a link to it anywhere.

9babies, if you are outside the UK you will not have access to the programme, I don't think.
It would be on the www.channel4.com website (on demand section) if you want to try.

Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you generally. I hope you manage to sort the basics soon :hugs:

Found the link:
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/one-born-every-minute/4od#3171372

Just finished watching One Born and I've sobbed my heart out

I did too :cry: Had to explain to hubby that just because she was in hospital it didn't automatically mean that everything was going to be alright, that something could still go wrong :dohh:

9babies - So hoping & praying that you try for long enough to get your forever baby :hugs:

Rabiit - How are you doing hun?

Chilli - Fx'd that everything is still good with you & that your scan on Thursday gives you some reassurance

AFM I start SMEP tomorrow :happydance::blush: & have an appointment on March 22nd for a pelvic scan, not sure what they're checking for but hopefully they wont find anything wrong, it will be 6 weeks from my blood tests by then so hopefully I might be able to get my results back then.

Has anyone else ttc while waiting for test results & is it a wise idea? Part of me thinks we should wait as if the tests show something is wrong then we'll hopefully be offered treatment but another part of me thinks that I'm 39 so time maybe running out so go for it. I'm so confused.:shrug: What do you girls think?

Lynnb, I've decided to wait this time round. I called the nurse at the clinic in London and since I'm 'only' 32 she said it would be best for me to wait. Before my last appointment I got pregnant and ultimately it didn't get me anywhere so now I am hoping they will re-evaluate the 'bad luck' diagnosis and maybe investigate a little further.

To be quite honest, if I were you I'd go for it. If they do find something you'll be seeing them early enough to be treated, right?

lynnb- I know how you feel. I'm still waiting to determine what tests we will do, if any and part of me wants to try right away because I'm worried we'll go through all of the tests and they still won't figure anything out. I don't know how many losses you've had, but if it has been several it may be worth the wait to try to get some answers. I'm not sure I myself will wait so I understand the uncertainty!

Lynnb, I've decided to wait this time round. I called the nurse at the clinic in London and since I'm 'only' 32 she said it would be best for me to wait. Before my last appointment I got pregnant and ultimately it didn't get me anywhere so now I am hoping they will re-evaluate the 'bad luck' diagnosis and maybe investigate a little further.

To be quite honest, if I were you I'd go for it. If they do find something you'll be seeing them early enough to be treated, right?

That's it, you've made up my mind for me, we're going to go ahead with trying :happydance:, I can't stand the thought of missing 1 month when there maybe nothing wrong.

Do you have an appointment for tests or know which ones you want?

Lynnb, I have an appointment in London in early April. Last time I saw them they reckoned I'd just been unlucky and weren't planning any more tests. Maybe they will change their mind now? I've got a known clotting problem we're already treating and tested negative for lupus before starting to ttc.

If I'm really lucky the fact that I'm ovulating slightly late this month is in my favour and I might might just get to my appointment a couple of days before my next ovulation fxfxfx so if they turn round and say bad luck try again then I might be in with a chance then.

What blood results are you waiting for? I'm guessing clotting and lupus? :happydance: Go Lynn! :happydance:

Lynnb I sorted of waiting for my results, I knew I had an appt at about 10dpo so I knew it I needed treatment I would know before I got my bfp so I went for it, so I was sort of compliant.

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. I'm not sure what's going on with this pregnancy and won't til next Wednesday. After losing my "pregnancy symptoms" I have felt simultaneously starving and soooo sick, I've been retching/gagging and vomiting once or twice. So no idea if I'm ill or still pregnant, is very confusing but making work really hard.

sorry Ive not been very supportive, I am trying to keep up but am just trying to keep myself sane at the moment which is quite hard.

Lynnb, I have an appointment in London in early April. Last time I saw them they reckoned I'd just been unlucky and weren't planning any more tests. Maybe they will change their mind now? I've got a known clotting problem we're already treating and tested negative for lupus before starting to ttc.

If I'm really lucky the fact that I'm ovulating slightly late this month is in my favour and I might might just get to my appointment a couple of days before my next ovulation fxfxfx so if they turn round and say bad luck try again then I might be in with a chance then.

What blood results are you waiting for? I'm guessing clotting and lupus? :happydance: Go Lynn! :happydance:

I'm waiting for all my test results, chromosomal abnormalities, lupus anticoagulant, anticardiolipin antibodies, antithombin III, protein S, protein C, activated protein C resistance, factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene. Hoping that I'll get the results when I go for my pelvic scan.

Fxd for you :hugs:

Lynnb I sorted of waiting for my results, I knew I had an appt at about 10dpo so I knew it I needed treatment I would know before I got my bfp so I went for it, so I was sort of compliant.

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. I'm not sure what's going on with this pregnancy and won't til next Wednesday. After losing my "pregnancy symptoms" I have felt simultaneously starving and soooo sick, I've been retching/gagging and vomiting once or twice. So no idea if I'm ill or still pregnant, is very confusing but making work really hard.

sorry Ive not been very supportive, I am trying to keep up but am just trying to keep myself sane at the moment which is quite hard.

Hopefully your sickness is ms. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Don't worry about not being supportive, we all have times when we need to concentrate on ourselves & we all understand, so you take all the time you need but we're here if you need us.:hugs:

Hi all. I've nothing of any consequence to report but thought I would stop in and say a big hello to everyone. I'm cd18 and (I think) ovulating today so fingers crossed that the shagathon strump fest in the Lamb houshold will pay off this month. I am not holding my breath though...

This seems to be taking FOREVER. It has now been 6 months since I have had a scan of any description. The nurse at the EPU must think I have died or something!

Hi all. I've nothing of any consequence to report but thought I would stop in and say a big hello to everyone. I'm cd18 and (I think) ovulating today so fingers crossed that the shagathon strump fest in the Lamb houshold will pay off this month. I am not holding my breath though...

This seems to be taking FOREVER. It has now been 6 months since I have had a scan of any description. The nurse at the EPU must think I have died or something!

You made me lol at the 'shagathon strump fest' :haha: I'm starting that tonight so fx'd for both of us

As for scans you can have my appointment in 2 weeks if you like, I'm not looking forward to it. I actually had my dh tell me that his sperm test was more humiliating/embrassing than anything I've been through :gun: so, when I'd calmed down, I told him that when he's had to strip from the waist down in front of a complete stranger(or two) & had things poked in his hoohoo then he can talk to me about embrassing. I'd rather stay at home & masturbate before taking a sample to the lab any day.

You wasnt wrong about crying to OBEM!!!! it was like watching me and my hubby on TV. we both cried. Gives me some more much needed hope. I need as much as I can get.
xx

Rabbittchild, all the luck in the world to you. I done the deed twice at the weekend, sorry if ymi, I was sort of careful as dh wanted to have a break for my sanity, but had some funny gurglings and mild pain today and wondering if it's implantation, probably just being a drama queen and it's nothing, but I honestly think us girls are so in tune and sensitive to the goings on in our bodies. I get pg so easily, just can't carry to 2nd trimester :(
crappy body!!!
I'm hoping that the return of sickness symptoms are all good for you, bring on the morning sickness xxx.

Lol at Lambs' scan withdrawal symptoms and Lee's oopsy pregnancy :lol:

Stardust, I'm totally with you. I also felt a connection to the lady's story and hope my fifth pregnancy ends like hers :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->