Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Just wanted to say i am stalking this thread! Its like a rollercoaster, I am so very proud of how all you ladies are coping and if I didn't live in the back of beyond I would love to see a morris dancer!!!!!lol, it's amazing what great support and friends you can make on BnB! Best of luck to all the girls riding that rollercoaster, like I will be doing on the Pepsi Max in Blackpool on Friday!!!!! Always been scared of heights and rollercoasters, but after what we have been thru I am not scared of anything anymore!!!! DH doesn't believe I'll do it! Oh yeah bring it on!

they are so stupid. first they took my blood for the wrong reasons(supposed to get an hcg qualatitive and instead they gave me an aids test. no joke), messed up my lab work, then they mixed up my results again with someone else. then the doctor made me wait 2 1/2 hours in the room before she came in to see me. no JOke, 2 1/2 hours. and I kept asking and they said she would be in a few minutes. They tried to put me on pills that would interfere with my pregnancy, and had no respect for my religious views, and why I dont do chemical pills. it was an awful time. and I have problems with my kidneys and they never checked that, I found out by seeing someone else shortly after.
and evne then did nothing.

I am done with western medicine. completely

9Babies so sorry hun i hope u get there, can you look at changing docs? That is discusting an aids test instead of hcg!! I moan the nhs are rubbish but my goodness! I hope u get the tests you need hun thinking of u xx

Hi All.

So I came off my anti d's after 3 days, they really didn't agree with me and after a rough week last week, I am starting to feel much better again, alot more positive and back to focussing on TTC again.
I spoke to Quenby who suggested to take prednisolone from next BFP again, but after speaking to Louise at Dr Shehata's clinic I must admit I am tempted to try from OV as I tend to get pg very quickly when trying. I guess the reason behind this suggestion is to suppress the NK cells from very early on.

I have an appt with my counsellor on Friday, so figure I can discuss this with him also.
So now I am taking daily OPK's grrrr, I hate those damn sticks, waiting for my surge which is difficult to predict after m/c although I'm hoping it won't have disrupted my cycle too much.

I'm hoping for another BFP very soon xxx.

9babies. I've never heard anything as ridiculous in all my life. An AIDS test!!!!!
It scares me that we put our lives in the hands of these people sometimes.
Good luck xxx.

MissM... of I went from my surgery date I would be 6w 5D and I know that isn't right... but like you say the scan will give us a better idea.... enjoy your holiday, but remember that when you are pregnant you burn easier.

Yeah i only went from that date cos i needed a date somehow lol. But we will see! Yeah i'm going to have to be careful, normally i'm a tanaholic hahaha but will have to be sensible! xx

they are so stupid. first they took my blood for the wrong reasons(supposed to get an hcg qualatitive and instead they gave me an aids test. no joke), messed up my lab work, then they mixed up my results again with someone else. then the doctor made me wait 2 1/2 hours in the room before she came in to see me. no JOke, 2 1/2 hours. and I kept asking and they said she would be in a few minutes. They tried to put me on pills that would interfere with my pregnancy, and had no respect for my religious views, and why I dont do chemical pills. it was an awful time. and I have problems with my kidneys and they never checked that, I found out by seeing someone else shortly after.
and evne then did nothing.

I am done with western medicine. completely

Can't believe you got treated so badly :hugs:, have you looked into changing drs as daviess3 suggested?

Hi All.

So I came off my anti d's after 3 days, they really didn't agree with me and after a rough week last week, I am starting to feel much better again, alot more positive and back to focussing on TTC again.
I spoke to Quenby who suggested to take prednisolone from next BFP again, but after speaking to Louise at Dr Shehata's clinic I must admit I am tempted to try from OV as I tend to get pg very quickly when trying. I guess the reason behind this suggestion is to suppress the NK cells from very early on.

I have an appt with my counsellor on Friday, so figure I can discuss this with him also.
So now I am taking daily OPK's grrrr, I hate those damn sticks, waiting for my surge which is difficult to predict after m/c although I'm hoping it won't have disrupted my cycle too much.

I'm hoping for another BFP very soon xxx.

So glad you're starting to feel better.:flower:

Is taking prednisolone from Ov going to cause any problems? If not then I'd do that.

I hate OPKs too, actually gave up before I got my surge the last time & didn't use them for either of my previous pregnancies, so try not to stress too much if you miss one, just make sure you're :sex: every 2/3 days:winkwink:.

Sending PMA & extra sticky :dust: your way

So true Lynn. I have a much better success rate when not using OPK's and taking a more relaxed approach than the regimental bd'ing lol....
Just thought I'd use them this month as not sure when I will OV after miscarriage.
Hope all is well with you and little bean xxx

Everything seems to be Ok at the moment Lee, I have my second scan on Monday, so I'm keeping everything crossed until then.

Lynn I will be keeping everything crossed for you honey and will be thinking about you x.

Lambs - Yes we could have sat in the same waiting area in Heatherwood, but I'v not yet been to Wexham Park, what's it like?

Deb - I want bells, sticks & ribbons, the whole works:haha:

MissMaternal - Glad the spotting has stoped. Enjoy your holiday.

9babiesgone - What's wrong huni?

9babies. I've never heard anything as ridiculous in all my life. An AIDS test!!!!!
It scares me that we put our lives in the hands of these people sometimes.
Good luck xxx.
yeah seriously. they suck. thanks!!! :hugs:
9Babies so sorry hun i hope u get there, can you look at changing docs? That is discusting an aids test instead of hcg!! I moan the nhs are rubbish but my goodness! I hope u get the tests you need hun thinking of u xx
eh, I am in the usa, but it sucks over here, just as much as over there.

Everything seems to be Ok at the moment Lee, I have my second scan on Monday, so I'm keeping everything crossed until then.
hope it goes well keep us posted.

I hope u lovely ladies don't mind me posting this and apologies in advance if I annoy anyone, but I just wanted to share some good news with you all, to give u some hope and encouragement.

I gave birth to a gorgeous little boy called Finlay on Sat, 21st May, weighing 7lb 1oz, who arrived 4 days early :baby: I first went to Mr shehata in Apr last year and was diagnosed with very high levels on natural killer cells. And after 3 cycles of his treatment I fell pregnant and had a relatively good pregnancy apart from morning sickness for nearly 30 weeks!
If someone tells me how to, I will upload a pic of my gorgeous boy x

Smidge congrats hun! I have a friend who is under Mr Shehata and she says he is fab, she has come up pos for high high NK cells and is starting his meds now.

BTW if you click the lil mountain symbol you can upload you photo

It says to upload I need a url address but I don't have one the file is just saved on phone.. will try to get on laptop later see if it works from there

Hi Smidgen.

Massive congratulations. I am so happy for you.

Sorry for the 3rd degree but Please can you tell me if you were taking prednisolone from ov.
I took it from BFP but had m/c. I spoke with Louise Simmonds at Dr Shehata's clinic who said they always prescribe from OV, I am going to try this next cycle.
Any other info you have would be greatly appreciated.
I seen Quenby a few weeks ago, she was great but will only prescribe from BFP.
I also take progesterone 800mg and aspirin 75mg and folic acid. Any info greatly appreciated.

Again, congratulations, can't wait to see pic of baby Finlay xxx

Ohhh and get your status updated to mummy lol.... x

Smidgen, massive congratulations to you!! we always welcome happy news on here. we all need it!

xxxx

Smidgen congrats Hun, I can't see how u will upset anyone we all no what it's like an it's so nice to see someone get there! Can I ask if you had tests done on NHS to? As I am going for my appontment next week an ad far as I no my results are clear! An obviously NHS don't test for nk testing!! So if undone get any answers I will do this! Did u have to pay for prednisone? X

Ok ladies, am on laptop so can upload a pic of my handsome boy :happydance:

I took 25mg prednisalone from OV and when I got positive preg test I increased up to 40mg up til wk 12 (well it was probably wk 14 by the time I weaned off them)
I was also on progesterone pessaries daily from positive pregnancy test and had intralipid drips on wk 4, 8 & 12.
NHS tests revealed nothing was wrong - yeh right! But then they dont test for NKCells unless you are getting IVF.....

Any more questions, please feel free to PM me. I will try to answer you as quick as I can, although you will have to bear with me as I am very busy tending to my young man's every need :happydance: I am so so in love with him *gush* :blush::cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g