Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

I had my first session of acupuncture this evening as I feel anything is worth a try in helping my poor tired body get back to optimum health ready for when I get pregnant again.

Smidgen I love hearing good news stories from previous posters to this thread. It gives me (and I'm sure others) lots of hope that we may follow in your footsteps

Oh my Smidgen, he is absolutely gorgeous. You are so blessed and thank you for your reply xxx.

Holly. Hope the acupuncture helps and that you are feeling slightly better. I think we went through m/c around the same time and I meant to say sorry for your loss at the time. xxx

Hope ur ok Leec xx
Smidgen he is gorgeous!! Oh I'm so pleased so can you tell me how u got to get ur referal etc? Did it cost a fortune? I have some money we could use but don't have thousands!! It panics me! I have spoke to few people on here who had nk cells testing for about £300 that's ok just worried about lots of other tests an
Meds prices for private!!! Xx

Hope ur ok Leec xx
Smidgen he is gorgeous!! Oh I'm so pleased so can you tell me how u got to get ur referal etc? Did it cost a fortune? I have some money we could use but don't have thousands!! It panics me! I have spoke to few people on here who had nk cells testing for about £300 that's ok just worried about lots of other tests an
Meds prices for private!!! Xx[/QUOT
We could have gotten referred thru own go or nhs infertility/End however I wasn't willing to wait months just to see Me Shehata. The first tests costs nearly 1000 and,that Included nkcells.I also had my ovarian reserve checked AMH - level came back 0.06 - which means hardly any eggs.So I also had tamoxifen and gonalf injections to help me get preg quicker.
I think we spent approx 7.5k between tests, his consultancy abd scan fees and the drugs and we also had travel and accommodatiion as we r from Scotland.

The best 7.5k we have ever ever spent!

Ok ladies, am on laptop so can upload a pic of my handsome boy :happydance:

I took 25mg prednisalone from OV and when I got positive preg test I increased up to 40mg up til wk 12 (well it was probably wk 14 by the time I weaned off them)
I was also on progesterone pessaries daily from positive pregnancy test and had intralipid drips on wk 4, 8 & 12.
NHS tests revealed nothing was wrong - yeh right! But then they dont test for NKCells unless you are getting IVF.....

Any more questions, please feel free to PM me. I will try to answer you as quick as I can, although you will have to bear with me as I am very busy tending to my young man's every need :happydance: I am so so in love with him *gush* :blush::cloud9:

Smidgen your little man is so cute. Thank you for sharing your story with us, it gives us hope that one day it will happen for us too.

ah smidgen what a beautiful little boy, well done on the birth.
You've given me some useful advice before on here.
This will mean so much to everyone on here to hear of your success at achieving your dream. Again well done and I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Davies.

I spoke to Louise Simmonds at Dr Shehata's clinic.
She did say that you can take along any tests that you have already had to save on costs as they would not need to repeat them.

The waiting list on NHS is March 2012 at the moment.

X

Thanks smidgen an leec thats all sooo worth it but the fact i dont have £7500 but like you say leec i have had all nhs tests done so surely i wouldnt need to many did you just call up leec?? I wonder weather i should call myself? I would like the nk cells and the egg reserve how you feeling leec? xx

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better thanks, good days and bad like most of us on here I suspect.
Tbh I just got her mobile number of the website and left a mge, she called me back the next day and was very helpful, so yeah, I would def give it a go. Good luck xxx.

Thanks smidgen an leec thats all sooo worth it but the fact i dont have £7500 but like you say leec i have had all nhs tests done so surely i wouldnt need to many did you just call up leec?? I wonder weather i should call myself? I would like the nk cells and the egg reserve how you feeling leec? xx

Bear with me and i will look out our receipts and get the costs of the nkcell test and the ovarian reserve. Probably less than £400 i think...
If you just need prednisalone and progesterone - they r not expensive,, The intralipids r £280 i think, again i will check. The expensive parts for us was the travel, accommodation and £220 every time we went to see him....
Hope that helps x

Hi ladies. I think I am about to have my 6th miscarriage. I had bloods on Friday which had more than doubled from two days previously to 531. I had more done yesterday (5 days later) and they had only reached a paltry 1447 (a doubling time of 88 hours). I am fully expecting to miscarry again, but I suppose I ought to wait and see before I go and get twatted on cheap wine.

I'm just so furious and heartbroken. What have we done to deserve this? I was taking progesterone, heparin, aspirin, 5mg folic acid and prednisolone this time. I honestly don't know what we can do next.

Hope everyone else is having a less shit day than me.

Oh lamb keep ur chin up hun, i have heard about people having different rates etc an doubling times there averages arent they, dont give up sweetie think positive chill out relax. Do you have any other mc symptoms or preg symptoms? Keeping my fxd for you hun xx

Nope. I am taking progesterone which is keeping AF at bay I suspect. I imagine if I stop taking it she will be here in a few days. I will see what tomorrow's bloods show and make a decision on it then. As usual, I just want it over if it is going to end.

Lambs me too.... I am spotting... though no cramps yet...am expecting them soon cos blood never brings good news...

Couldn't even speak to my cons today cos I was in back to back bloomin meetings!

This will be number 6 for me too.... and Hubby has said this is the last one... no more. Back on the pill for me and we take it as fact no kids for us...

Hows that for an shit day along with your Lambs xx

I sooo hope we are wrong x

Padbrat and Lambs- :hugs:

I really hope things aren't as they may seem. Thinking about you both!

Padbrat and Lambs.
I am just absolutely gutted for you both but I am holding out hope for you both also and hoping that all is ok.
None of us deserve to go through this bloody misery.
Life is so screwed up.
Thinking of you both xxx.

Lambs I'm with you about getting twatted on the wine even though I told dh I would lay off it after my last blow out.
Did you take prednisolone from Ov or BFP.
I have decided I am taking matters into my own hands and going to try everything from Ov from now on, then like you don't know what else to do other than try Dr Shehata if I can survive the NHS waiting list.

Lambs

I am so sorry that you're feeling down at the moment. I hope that everything will get better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->