Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

I've not heard of aspirin causing spotting but I suppose it is possible as it thins the blood. Are you using progesterone? I have read somewhere that this can cause spotting...

Thanks Leec and Davies... like I said if ya want me to lurk I will be happy to xx

Fabulous news 9babies... am so happy for you!

Hey Lynn hun x

Ta Lambs chicK! You all OK and happy now I hope! lol

Wow... I am pleased you got the 3+ too MissM... was having a lil worry about that. Have just been told by my Consultant my thyroid levels are too high, but apparently not to worry about that and my progesterone is 81 and my hcg levels are bang on for a 5 week pregnancy... so I have been put forward a week! yay!!! How are you doing?

Its all sounding very promising Pad! I'd love to make it to the end of this journey with you (and all you others). We all so deserve this!!

What is a "normal" progesterone level? Mine was 191! Is that weird?

hey everyone didnt want to post. to make anyone feel bad. but I am doing well actually. just been having hormones drive me crazy but I am fine.

sending lots of :hugs: and love to all of you!!!

Fab news hun :hugs: How far along are you?

Padbrat sooo pleased for u keeping my fxd for you an 9babies so pleased for you xx
Leec I hope ur doing ok. I got call from hospital today to say another test is all ok so literally got one test left to do an that's it! All my results r normal! Maybe I should b greatful but after 3 mc I don't want to hear that I'm so scared there gonna send me away with nothing!! Xx

I know it's scary to be told that there's nothing wrong but on the positive side it means there's nothing major that's going to stop you having a baby & I'm sure that you'll be closely monitored during any future pregnancy. :hugs:

Thanks Leec and Davies... like I said if ya want me to lurk I will be happy to xx

Fabulous news 9babies... am so happy for you!

Hey Lynn hun x

Ta Lambs chicK! You all OK and happy now I hope! lol

Wow... I am pleased you got the 3+ too MissM... was having a lil worry about that. Have just been told by my Consultant my thyroid levels are too high, but apparently not to worry about that and my progesterone is 81 and my hcg levels are bang on for a 5 week pregnancy... so I have been put forward a week! yay!!! How are you doing?

wow!! you are pregnant again?? congrats.

thanks so much. I feel great, my levels were super high. higher risk of multiples my doctor said.

Lamburai i am not on progesterone hun. Thanks for your reply though :hugs:

Pad i am doing ok, very nervous though, as are you i suppose! Just want everything to be ok. My spotting is getting lighter, even though it wasnt very heavy to begin with. My midwife said on the phone the other day that i won't get an early scan though, which has annoyed me, especially as i have no idea of my dates. So i need to push for that. I was promised "extra attention" and it's not happening. How are you doing hun? Thats great that you got put forward! I am rooting for team pink for you hun ..... xx

Lynn an leec thank you for words of encouragement, I haven't had nk testing as figured better to go down the NHS route first see if anything wrong there I'm just hoping it is something that's treatable! If comes back neg an I get a letter saying that I don't no what I will do! Did u go private for nk cells? An the prednisolone do u get that prescribed on
NHS? I don't mind paying for test etc but just want to try utilise NHS as much as possible! That's why we pay bloody taxs right? I no it doesn't always work like that unfortunately! How do you cope with no reason results!? Xx

Pad yes i did get 3+ straight away. I tested with a digi on monday, the 23rd and it came up 3+ within 30 seconds. I hope we can complete the journey together! xx

Does anyone know if baby aspirin can cause spotting? I am still having very tiny amounts of light brown spotting, only once per day, but it's enough to worry me. Can the baby aspirin im taking be the cause?

I took aspirin during pregnancy and spotted on and off but every time I went for a scan they said it was just old blood and there was nothing to worry about. The older the pregnancy progresses it should stop but was told to stay off my feet doing anything and advised me to have no pelvic activities. Once I stopped the pelvic activities it all went away.

Hi girls,

I was wondering if any of you had an Ectopic pregnancy before?

I had a mc in Jan11 and I am now 5+4 pg. I have had one private scan whith shows a small sac and another one the following day at the hospital (yesterday) which they claim they couldn't see anything, possibly a cyst/sac.

I have been spotting every day for over two weeks and they reckon I am most likely going to hav a miscarriage and it's possible that I have an ectopic pg.
I have had my firt blood test yesterday to check my hcg level and going there again tomorrow.

I am just scared of having an ectopic pregnancy and how quickly can this be confirmed. Scared my tube will be damaged. Anyone been here before?

awww Sun I have never been in your position with regards to the ectopic... but in my first pregancy (TMI Don't read if squemish) when the scaned me at 12 weeks they discovered that my body had rejected the baby and had started reabsorbing it so it had partially disappeared.

This could have happened to you possibly... I hope not and I hope that the tests show all is well for you.

Hey Lambs... well I read that 81 is high so yours are rocket fuel huni!! but bear in mind that we are on progesterone and also that lots of it is a good thing cos it supports the baby.... so yay!!! Your levels look amazing!!

9babies that is such great news you are doing well... an inspiration for me!

MissM we are both in the same boat and I would guess we are both around the same date as we lost a day apart..... so you must be like me at 5 weeks I guess.....

It would be amazing for us all to complete this journey together!

Thanks badprat, god knows what's going on inside my body.
I am just waiting for the m/c to happen now..it's just the unknown that scares me

Congratulations on your pg to you and MissM!

Badprat??? hahhhahhaha

On a serious note.... make sure you get all the medical you need... don't just wait for this to happen. Go and see your Doc and get a scan and bloods done to confirm what is going on.

Sunnysun.

I had an ectopic pg in my right tube in January and unfortunately at 2.5cm my tube had to be removed in emergency surgery.
I can tell you about my experience leading upto this but really hoping it's something that you will avoid and believe me if they confirm ectopic they will act very quickly so it's unlikely you would lose your tube unless it had ruptured or the pg was advanced.
In the first instance they would always treat with methotrexate, which is an injection that would terminate the pg.
This comes with it's own difficulties as you are unable to TTC for 3 months after as it can cause defects.

Anyway, not trying to scaremonger you honey, so I'll get on with the facts.
My spotting with ectopic was slightly different to spotting with m/c, looked more like prune juice (sorry tmi). I had some cramps but mainly backache, but again I always get this.

I had a scan and then could see something but not what it should be at 6 weeks, they also did beta blood work. My level was 1,890 which was good, went back in 2 days, they said that they could see possibly two sacs but again not sure and it could just be tissue, they also seen something on or close to my right ovary, but I have been known to have cysts on my right ovary from time to time.
Thay called me the next day to ask me to go in for another scan and said the blood was now at 1,750 so had dropped but not majorly, at another scan they still weren't 100% but we discusses the possibility of ectopic and methotrexate.

I had to go away for a couple of days but had to promise to attend a local hospital if I started to have any pain which they organised at EPAS.
2 days later was back in, now this LO must have had a growth spurt as it was 2.5cm in tube and doctor was called in to have a look at transvaginal scan and confirmed that the tube was possibly starting to rupture so I was taken down for emergency op and
Lost my tube, thankfully they checked my left tube during my laparoscopy and it was ok.

It's certainly not an experience I want to repeat, so I would advise if this is the case please take immediate action but your EPAS can advise.

Padbrat is also right sometimes your body will just reabsorb the pregnancy.

Sorry, if this sounds blunt, I'm just trying to be as factual for you as possible as I have just gone through another miscarriage myself this week and can't afford to get over emotional as I am trying hard to stay strong and focussed after multiple losses.

I hope all is ok with you and am so sorry you are going through this, all the waiting around is so cruel and unfair. I will be keeping my fx'd for you honey and if you want anymore specific info please pm me.

I hope this was helpful for you, good luck xxxx

Oh my, my typo's are terrible!!!
I'm on my phone and will edit this when I can drag myself out of bed!!!
xxx

I am 7 weeks and 5 days!!!

You're only 5 days behind me. Fx'd we both get our forever babies this time.:flower:

Does anyone know if baby aspirin can cause spotting? I am still having very tiny amounts of light brown spotting, only once per day, but it's enough to worry me. Can the baby aspirin im taking be the cause?

I have no idea but I'm on baby aspirin & I've only had a couple of days of spotting. Can you ring your Dr & ask? Hope everythings all right hun :hugs:

Thank you girls,

Thank you for your advice Leec and sorry to hear you are going through another miscarrige this week, I am mentally ready for this one to happen so I guess I just have to wait and see.

Did you have any other symptoms a part from backache spotting? I had backache twice, during the 5 weeks but I have been spotting every single day sometimes pinkish sometimes brownish.
It's just scary to know that I could have it but there is nothing they can do until they know for certain..so risky!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Absolutely nothing Sunny, just my usual m/c symptoms, the only thing that differed was I had some initial spotting then started progesterone and it stopped, it then started and like I said earlier it was more like a dark plum colour (again sorry tmi).
I actually thought this one was my forever baby.

All the best to you and thank you xxx

Hi All.

I was wondering if anyone had every come across this before.

I had my miscarriage last week, started most likely on Thurs, 19th (although had been spotting for a couple of days prior to this) bled heavily on Sunday & Monday, I put this down to taking 800mg progesterone, on top of m/c.

Yesterday I ordered some more ic opt's and took ov test about 3pm today and there is a line, is it possible to ov so quickly after m/c.

This may explain how last year I got positvive hpt about 2 weeks after one of my m/c's.

I am confused.com

I have posted a pic, do you think this could be my LH surge.

Thank you for any advice.

I hope all the BFP's are still doing well xxx.

Attachments

• ovulation.jpg
    ovulation.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 12
Sorry, meant to add, I have heard that sometimes faint lines on opt's can be pg hormones but the last hpt I took on Saturday was 100% negative. I will do another tomorrow to see if the line still shows, dh and I have been bd'ing this weekend so who knows x.

Oops just noticed there is a gallery for these x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->