Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Davies, I was told to take progesterone suppositories after ovulation is confirmed so anytime after 3-4 dpo really (I confirm by temping). From bfp is often considered too late. Some say that low progesterone is due to the first part of the cycle not working properly so your clomid option might sort that out nicely. Xxx

Thankyou petitpas mayybe thats what i need to do next time xx

Ladies, I found a very interesting website while researching my immune tests and I thought I would share. Fascinating stuff!

https://www.rialab.com/miscarriages_prevented.php

I hope you don't mind me joining on this thread Im just going through my 6th mc.
I have been with my partner for over 13 years and we have a 10 year old son. I lost my second at 17 weeks either due to my waters breaking or my baby had already died and the other mc have all been before 5 weeks.
Iam under the hospital and they have done the basic tests and they all came back ok, I've got to go back next month but I haven't a clue what they will do next.

Davies, this is what happened to me with my 4th loss. The digital didnt go up and then it turned to negative about 18 DPO. I bled a couple days later and was still using progesterone. 2 weeks later I ovulated and got pregnant with this one. 23 weeks now! I was also using asprin and clexane and I still had the loss so I am still being told that I have had bad luck 4 times? its very frustrating hun but dont give up!!!!!

I hope you don't mind me joining on this thread Im just going through my 6th mc.
I have been with my partner for over 13 years and we have a 10 year old son. I lost my second at 17 weeks either due to my waters breaking or my baby had already died and the other mc have all been before 5 weeks.
Iam under the hospital and they have done the basic tests and they all came back ok, I've got to go back next month but I haven't a clue what they will do next.

Hello Cla. I am so sorry for your loss but we are happy to have you here. Every doctor will do different tests so it's hard to say what they'll do next.

so sorry cla :cry:

AFM - after 3 mc's, I am going to use the crinone about 3-4 dpo starting next cycle. My dr office didn't suggest this, instead I asked and the nurse said I can. I think this last cycle was no doubt to late for the crinone to help. I went for blood work on the friday and by monday my hcg was 26 and my progesterone had fallen from 14 to 4. I'm hoping it will help.:shrug: Does anyone know what a normal progesterone level for 14 to 16 dpo should be? I'm thinking 14 is low?

Sorry for your losses cla :hugs:

mpepe- I don't know if we have the same units, but mine was 50 at 12 dpo. I think it was on the high end, but unfortuately didn't do me any good anyway. I think mid teens are the minimum they want? 14 sounds ok, but I bet some of the other ladies on here know more than me. Good luck.

Well, I am no expert but I have done a lot of research on progesterone levels. Basically, if you are pregnant your prog. really should remain about 15 with 10 being an absolute minimum.

As far as a non pregnant cycle, anything about 5 at 7 DPO indicates ovulation but once again, 10 or above is preffered for a healthy pregnancy. In a medicated cycle 15 or higher at 7 DPO is the minimum. And for an IVF cycle the minimum at 7 DPO is 25.

Hope that helps!

thanks hopeful and mon for your thoughts and info.

I figure the extra progesterone cant really hurt and am absolutely desparate to try anything. All three of my preganancies don't last for more than a few days past the day I get a BFP.

Stardust thanks Hun, mr raajlumar was going to put me on clexane from 6 weeks I think I need it b4 that do you? When did u take it from I'm really going to push it! I feel like coz I'm not a textbook miscarrier that I don't matter! Coz all my results were negative! I'm not bloody well having it! Clearly I have a problem!! Thanks for the hope though stardust im so pleased ur doing well! So nice and reassuring to here I can't imagine ever giving up! I feel like it occassionly but that's soon gone! Xx

Davies thats what happened to me, I was put on clexane from BFP (3 weeks 5 DAYS) I rang my consultant at the time when I got my BFP - luckily I was under Prof Quenby as I was at Heartlands Hospital Birmingham, She advised me to go on at BFP and not scan dates I was given progesterone which was given from day of ovulation (confirmed by ovulation scans). I also took aspirin throughout AF and ovulation etc all cycle really and I think it worked for me. All the waiting I believe does more harm than good.

Thankyou I think this is what i need to push for I have never even had ov scans or anything! Bloody nightmare! Thankyou x

That's a good idea. If you do get a scan to check for ovulation have them measure the lining of your womb as well. I'm pretty sure that anything over a 5 is good. It's good ti make sure your lining is thick enough.

Hi everyone.....haven't posted much at all, but have definitely been stalking.
I just got another kick in the gut- my AMH level came back at .61. After 7 miscarriages, I am finally starting to believe it's just not meant to be. I guess I should have done what half the world has done and not waited on the right man. Now it looks like I'm too old and it's never going to happen. I have had such a good attitude through all my losses, but today is just too much.

Amos- I'm sorry to hear that. :hugs: I've never heard of AMH levels so had to look it up....it looks like that test isn't used too much any more to test ovarian reserve and often used in combination with other tests. Will you be taking others to confirm or dispute this test? I know you're probably frustrated and been through a lot. :hugs:

Also (in my 2 minute research!!) I read about someone else having .2 and getting pg naturally. Hang in there!!!!

I know the plan before these test results were to use a slight "push" when we started trying again in September. Some sort of drug like clomid, only better- is what they told me. But now I don't know :( I knew my body was changing- I could tell it the last few months in many ways. But I guess I was in denial about it- thinking it was just a "phase" or something.

Also (in my 2 minute research!!) I read about someone else having .2 and getting pg naturally. Hang in there!!!!

WHOA- everything I read was doom and gloom. That makes me feel somewhat better. I guess right now I just need to pray that this one time "push" will work. I can't afford to do IVF or anything else for that matter, since it's not covered under my insurance.
Thanks Hopeful :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->