Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Morning every1 I had a phone call yest an im being referred to Lesley Regan St.Marys London Im so excited I may finally get some answers! Has any1 else seen her before?

Pip (Petitpas) and I have been to that clinic. Its good but they don't do immune testing. Worth going to though as they do lots of tests and will repeat previous stuff in case its not done in the right time frame (eg lupus test has to be done within 2 hours of blood being drawn) etc.

Good luck!

Stardust thanks Hun, mr raajlumar was going to put me on clexane from 6 weeks I think I need it b4 that do you? When did u take it from I'm really going to push it! I feel like coz I'm not a textbook miscarrier that I don't matter! Coz all my results were negative! I'm not bloody well having it! Clearly I have a problem!! Thanks for the hope though stardust im so pleased ur doing well! So nice and reassuring to here I can't imagine ever giving up! I feel like it occassionly but that's soon gone! Xx

I started my cleaxane and asprin and progesterone all from 3+5 as soon as I got my bfp. I still think this is the only reason I am here at 24 weeks now. Or I really have been unlucky 4 times. its awful to think anyone can have that much bad luck.

I hope you get some answers with your referral. Mr Raajkumar did say that if I had miscarried a 5th time he would refer me to someone as else as his knowledge and treatment are limited. I appreciated his honesty but I was also frustrated feeling like I was kind if left to "wait it out"

I feel like I should really have tried clexane from bfp! But I can't do anything about that! Lamb how long did you wait? Were u NHS or private? Xx

davies i went there, think my referal was sent through right at the beg of sep and i saw someone second week in october. had first lot of bloods and ultrasound done that day then had to go back 6 week later for repeat bloods then 6 weeks after that for final results.

I was NHS xx

and they ordered me the dye test thing which got done at my local hospital think its called hsg? . xx

Thanks joey that gives me hope as all my tests have been negative so far at my local hospital! Did you have tests done at hospital before? Did you get a diagnosis? I see your pregnant now congrats how far along are you? What meds did they put you on? sorry for the 50 million questions!! x

yeah i did have tests at my local hospital first. in my case they never actually found anything (apart from that i have a heart shaped uterus altho this wouldndt have caused my mc's) so i never got a diagnosis. after all the test i feel preg first month again and unfortunatly mc'd at 7 weeks after seeing the hb(in this preg i took part in there PROMISE trial which is progestrone/a placebo, obviously i dont know which i had but either way it didnt work), i then fell pregnant the very next month and wanted to be put on progestrone as from what i was told it cant cause any harm. I also pushed for asprin as my husband and i had decided this was our last attempt as i couldnt go thro the heartache again. St Marys agreed it couldnt hurt to try altho like i say NOTHING ever showed on bloods. but here i am 26+3 with a healthy lil boy on the way. im still on the asprin until 37 weeks but the i was told to stop progestrone at 12 weeks (apparently your placenta takes over by then)

I hope you get some answers hun but just remember its an area where new things are constantly being learnt. I truly believe that i do have a problem as 5 losses and then asprin/progestrone to be here now kinda says it all to me. even if nothing comes back it isnt the end they can still try things like the asprin etc. St Marys are a very decicated group and they will help you get your forever baby.

Here if u ever need to talk xx

Thankyou so much Joey i have had aspirin an progesterone 3 times now!! First time it was 5 weeks so dont really no! 2nd time blighted ovum!! an just now at 5weeks but i started progesterone ffrom bfp an sum1 said this is probably to late i probably need to do this from 3dpo! When did you take yours? Did uou actually see Lesley or one of her team? It must be such a good feeling to be pregnant an so far along im so so happy for you xx

daviess3 I went to St Mary's too, but I went privately and saw Mr Raj Rai after 4 mcs. They did all the blood tests and we were diagnosed with increased tendency to clot on the thromboelastogram test, the treatment for this was 150mg of aspirin from a positive pregnancy test. I had tried 75mg of aspirin and 200mg of progesterone on my 4th pregnancy and that didn't work.

Unfortunately our 5th pregnancy with the 150mg of aspirin and 200mg of progesterone (prescribed by my local EPU Dr) didn't work but our 6th pregnancy with 150mg of aspirin and 400mg of progesterone did work and I'm here at 27+2 :D

I think sometimes it's hard to diagnose what the cause of a mc was esp if it's early mine were all before 7 weeks and we only saw the HB on one of them once. Some I'm sure were bad luck/dodgy embryos but I don't think I'd be here without the aspirin/progesterone combo I'm on now.

My EPU Dr was going to go for 800mg of progesterone as per the PROMISE trial which I'm not eligible to enrol on due to my blood clotting thing but she chickened out and went for 400 which still seems to have worked.

All the best :hugs:

ps: I've taken progesterone from a positive preg test, never post ovulation so I think that's fine.

Thanks rabbitchild, it's so good to hear some good news!! I have only ever done 75mg aspirin from bfp an 200mg cyclogest from bfp this time he upped it to 400mg from bfp but I may try it earlier an see if it helps! I have been told there all negative but we will see! Thank you so much for taking the time to post, an congratulations on ur bump such encouraging news!! Xx

i took from progestrone from 5 weeks as they had to order it in at my doctors plus asprin from BFP. my progestrone was as per the promise trial which i think as rc has just said was 800mg. i never met Lesley Regan i think it was Raj Rai but i only ever saw him once. when you go for bloods etc u will see Rosemary (she's the nurse there) xx

hi all i also went to st mary`s in london was on 150mg asprin a day from 4 weeks preg and 400mg of clexane also from 4 weeks i saw mr horner who is lovely actually they are all lovely there i was also nhs refered there by gp after 1 stillbirth and 3mc i now have a very healthy and happy 15 month old son all thanx to the work at st mary`s good luck to all that are going x

Hi girls hope you don't mind me dropping in, another RMC graduate baby has been born. After 4 early losses without any clear diagnosis, my first pregnancy on baby aspirin has resulted in the birth of my son Cameron.
Hoping for positive news for you all, hugs and sticky baby dust to you all x

Aww, how wonderful! Welcome Cameron! Something tells me your momma is going to spoil you rotten = )

Congratulations on the birth of Cameron, thats brilliant news and reassuring for everyone else on this part of the forum. We need more success stories like this x

Thanks girls, I'll keep checking in on you but prob won't post much as I know how difficult it is x

Congratulations Fifi on the birth of baby Cameron. It's great to hear of another success story x

Congrats fifi folle so nice to hear a happy ending an we all need reminding that it can happen!! Dont be a stranger definately good to know what you did that worked etc??? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->