Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

i was doing well. then I woke up this morning to light bleeding.

think this is another miscarriage. : (

I just hope it isnt. but I dont have much hope left.

oh 9 babies ffs.
Thinking of you and sending you a big cyber hug..
Hope its not the case, rest up honey xxx

I was just reading the daily mail online and saw this article which I thought some of you may wish to read.
I already knew of the link with ibrobrufen and miscarriage, but was quite shocked that in this study they say that even if you have taken ibrobrufen 2 weeks prior to conception there is still a risk...
Ibuprofen 'can double the risk of miscarriage' and many expectant mothers are unaware of the dangers

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...en-double-risk-miscarriage.html#ixzz1XH61e6R4

thanks mandy!!

I am having a hard time today.

started cramping now.

I am pretty sure it is ending.

So sorry 9babies. Is there anyway you can get in for an early scan or something?

Davies, I got my BPF 3 days before my 30th - best birthday present ever!! Fingers crossed for you xx

PS - Hopeful, to answer your Q...I was only on 5mg folic acid prior to BFP and from then on I was on 75mg aspirin (still am) and 2x200mg cyclogest progesterone suppositories daily (not those scary ones in that photo tho!!) until just after 12 weeks. Good luck!

thanks mandy!!

I am having a hard time today.

started cramping now.

I am pretty sure it is ending.

Hun cramping in early pregnancy is quite normal. I have had light cramps for days and even had light pink spotting today. Are you taking progesterone? My nurse told me that the Crinone I am taking can aggravate the cervix and cause some minor spotting.

However, if you have bright red blood and/or are in pain please call your Dr. right away. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and say I prayer for you and your bean. :hugs:

9 babies are you still testing Hun? R they still dark tests? Big hugs Hun xxx
Fxd I'm same as you Claire!! Would want nothing else for my birthday!! Xx

Just wanted to drop in and give you ladies all a big :hugs: and send a huge round of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: For everyone ttc!!

I am pretty sure it is over. I am bleeding so so very bad.

and insurcanse wont cover an er visit. so I am on edge, and trying to get them to let me.

I am pretty sure it is over. I am bleeding so so very bad.

and insurcanse wont cover an er visit. so I am on edge, and trying to get them to let me.

I am so sorry if this is happening to you again. Life is so cruel and unfair. Take care of yourself xx

Hi everyone. I had my appointment yesterday to discuss the results from the blood they took at the recurrent miscarriage clinic. Everything else was apparently normal except the Antiphospholoipid test..my level was 12 and anything over 10 is outwith the normal range. I had to get more blood taken to repeat the test. I was advised that treatment would be low dose aspirin. I told the doctor that I was already taking that during the second pregnancy and think thats what got me to 8.5 weeks, he said that I would also get heparin injections aswell alongside the low dose aspirin. I kept saying to myself that I kind of wanted the tests to find something wrong but now that they have its quite scary. Does anyone else have APS?
As for progesterone supplements he kept emphasising that there is no scientific evidence that they work and there is side effects to the baby.
I presented him with all of the research that I have done on progesterone working including my own mum who had 5 miscarriages and then 3 of us fine with progesterone injections..he then agreed that I can take that aswell if I really feel it necessary to give me the best chance. He said that normally its only used for woman who have had a high number of miscarriages, I told him that I cant face the thought of it happening again.
Without being pregnant I already have lots of symptoms of low progesterone anyway.
Does anyone have opinions on the fact that the doctor told me that theres side effects of progesterone to the foetus..eg he told me that progesterone can masculinise a female feotus. He said I should have a good think about it as to whether I would like progesterone aswell?

justkeeptrying sorry I dont know alot about progesterone.. I had to ask to have my progesterone levels checked,apparently they were normal.

Having the APS diagnosis now gives you something to work with.Good luck with your future pregnancies honey xxx

Just to butt in about progesterone, I was on progesterone pessaries 400mg once a day from bfp to 29 weeks - my consultant has said there aren't any side effects to progesterone on the baby as it's a natural hormone and certainly I've never been told or read anything about progesterone having an effect on a male foetus. Progesterone has helped a lot of ladies, I'm sure it's helped me and as one of my Drs said, it certainly won't do any harm.

My doctor also said that there is no proof the progesterone works but that they only have seen positive outcomes from it. I know it worked for me, so if you want it be persistent.

Thinking of you!

9babies - so sorry this is happening again - have you had all the bloodwork done and do you have any known issues?

my NK cell levels were 11% and the lab results say that 4-25% is normal - but doesn't that sound high? CD3-/CD16+CD56+ (%)

I had 139 cells/uL (11%) and it says that 70-760 cells/uL is the normal reference range

dr beer's book says they treat for it when it's over 12% I think?

girls - do you know what were your NK cell levels were? not sure if they all use the same units of measure?

Hi everyone. I had my appointment yesterday to discuss the results from the blood they took at the recurrent miscarriage clinic. Everything else was apparently normal except the Antiphospholoipid test..my level was 12 and anything over 10 is outwith the normal range. I had to get more blood taken to repeat the test. I was advised that treatment would be low dose aspirin. I told the doctor that I was already taking that during the second pregnancy and think thats what got me to 8.5 weeks, he said that I would also get heparin injections aswell alongside the low dose aspirin. I kept saying to myself that I kind of wanted the tests to find something wrong but now that they have its quite scary. Does anyone else have APS?
As for progesterone supplements he kept emphasising that there is no scientific evidence that they work and there is side effects to the baby.
I presented him with all of the research that I have done on progesterone working including my own mum who had 5 miscarriages and then 3 of us fine with progesterone injections..he then agreed that I can take that aswell if I really feel it necessary to give me the best chance. He said that normally its only used for woman who have had a high number of miscarriages, I told him that I cant face the thought of it happening again.
Without being pregnant I already have lots of symptoms of low progesterone anyway.
Does anyone have opinions on the fact that the doctor told me that theres side effects of progesterone to the foetus..eg he told me that progesterone can masculinise a female feotus. He said I should have a good think about it as to whether I would like progesterone aswell?

Hi there, I hope you dont mind me replying to your post. I do still read this thread all the time as I was here an awful lot (due to 4 miscarriages) I had tests done after 3 miscarriages and I have APS. on my 4th pregnancy I was prescibed, clexane, asprin and progesterone at 12dpo. I still miscarried but it was very early and it was explained that it was probably a pregnancy that was never going to work out. so on my 5th pregnancy I did all the same things at 12dpo and I am now 30 weeks and everything is going very well. I am scanned 4 weekly and baby is thriving. to agree with the other girls, I have never heard anything negative about progesterone so I dont know why you were told this?

i wish you all the best and any questions please send me e mail or on here.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->