Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

justkeep trying - i have never heard anything bad about progesterone either but that you should be on it if your levels are low.

stardust - my RE is going to have me start on lovenox and prednisone (and I always take prog during 2ww and take folic acid/baby asp/prenatals all the time) but she said I wouldn't start on lovenox and prednisone until I get BFP - looks like you started a little earlier? do you know why?

girls - do you know what were your NK cell levels were? not sure if they all use the same units of measure?

My NK level was 20.6% which I was told is really high. My RE treats anything over 11%. I received one intralipid treatment and conceived right away. So far everything seems to be going well. My next IV is next Friday.

justkeep trying - i have never heard anything bad about progesterone either but that you should be on it if your levels are low.

stardust - my RE is going to have me start on lovenox and prednisone (and I always take prog during 2ww and take folic acid/baby asp/prenatals all the time) but she said I wouldn't start on lovenox and prednisone until I get BFP - looks like you started a little earlier? do you know why?

I got my BFP at 9/10dpo and then see my consultant straight away and started the clexane injections. Some people have said they dont start the clexane until they have had a 6 week scan to confirm pregnancy in correct location and heartbeat. i think this is just an individual choice of the doctor. I dont take any steroids or anything. just the blood thinners/progesterone.

thanks mon and stardust!

is the clexane really that scary? I found a website w/you tube clips on girls giving different types of shots, clexane and follistim being a couple of them. there were 2 different clips of girls giving themselves clexane shots, one was fine with it and the other said they are horrible and painful. the videos were helpful though!

Hi everyone, I feel it's time I join this threadnow as I'm currently waiting to miscarry for the 3rd time. I read some posts and am confused bout lots of the meds, etc, but imagine will catch on quick enough.
A bit about me, am 43, been ttc 3 years, 1st mc was an mmc at 11w1d with d&c, second 5-6 weeks spontaneous and this I believe is a blighted ovum, now at 6w6d. I don't want another d&c, and have a question for you all: who has done testing of the embryo and did it help in finding a reason for the mc? That's the only reason I'd do the d&c so would love to hear some advice about that??
I did have lots of blood tests after 2nd due to my age, and it all came back normal. They are referring me to a frequent mc clinic after this. At this point I feel it's due to either nk killer cells which they didn't test for, genetic issues between me and oh or just finding the right egg/sperm combination...
Any advice, info, etc would be greatly appreciated! I know it's ridiculous but I just keep thinking, what did I do to deserve this fate...at least I know you will understand, thanks for listening!

hi bellamamma, i didn't get embroys tested after 4 m/cs and no children yet (1 blighted, 1 or 2 chemical and 1 small sac) all 5-6 weeks. i've been studying all of my blood tests my igm is a little higher than normal and there are a couple of others that aren't out of the "normal" range but almost are too low or too high (protein s and antithrombin iii). i would get tested for nk cells if i were you, mine aren't really high but were 11% and mon's re treats if it's over 11%. so maybe if you are on the edge of too high or low it makes a difference? i'm going to take prednisone and lovenox next bfp regardless (and prog)

Bella so sorry that you are going through this again. On my last mc we did have genetic testing that revealed a trisomy 16. It was comforting to finally know a reason. I can understand not wanting to get another D&C, but the answer did bring me peace.

Bella so sorry that you are going through this again. On my last mc we did have genetic testing that revealed a trisomy 16. It was comforting to finally know a reason. I can understand not wanting to get another D&C, but the answer did bring me peace.

Yea, I'm still undecided, I can see what you mean, it would help to know. I'm just worried that since we haven't even seen an embryo that there won't be enough tissue to test, the doc did say it was a possibility. Plus my betas are still rising a bit, so want to wait til they go down so I can feel 'sure', iykwim.
Ps how many have you had, and have they come up with a reason/treatment?

hi bellamamma, i didn't get embroys tested after 4 m/cs and no children yet (1 blighted, 1 or 2 chemical and 1 small sac) all 5-6 weeks. i've been studying all of my blood tests my igm is a little higher than normal and there are a couple of others that aren't out of the "normal" range but almost are too low or too high (protein s and antithrombin iii). i would get tested for nk cells if i were you, mine aren't really high but were 11% and mon's re treats if it's over 11%. so maybe if you are on the edge of too high or low it makes a difference? i'm going to take prednisone and lovenox next bfp regardless (and prog)

Hi, I don't have any kids yet either and beginning to wonder if ever...def wanna get the killer cells checked tho I have no idea how they treat that!? You must have a great doc who prescribes you all the meds, last week I asked about prednisone but they said, it's too late, you're already pregnant...my tests did show I didn't need it, but who really knows right?! :dohh:

the prednisone is to suppress the immune response (NK cells) and my RE is going to have me take it starting at BFP - although I've heard of others taking it before BFP. my tests don't clearly state I need it (but could need it)? but will take it anyway. she said I would take it the first trimester, along with lovenox (blood thinning shots).

it's probably different here in the states and seems to also be in UK where the docs are getting more in tune w/auto immune and clotting issues and doing things to help. hopefully you can find a good dr that specializes in recurrent preg loss and RE in italy?
there is a dr in UK, Dr shehata (sp)? that has done alot w/autoimmune stuff and RPL - read a few articles on him and stories are great.

i do have fibromyalgia too which is an autoimmune disorder that needs to be researched more as docs don't know much about it - have had sore muscles for 15 years since a car accident so hopefully the prednisone will help that too and I've read about lovenox helping it.

this is an interesting thread:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/500350-7-early-loses-high-nk-cells-bun-int-oven.html

and this article:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...iages-finally-gives-birth-little-miracle.html

have you had an HSG to rule out any uterine abnormalities? I had a uterine septum removed in nov 2010 but had 2 m/c before and 2 m/c after

Hiya I just thought i'd say hi in here. I am waiting to m/c for the 3rd time in 10 months!! In December I had a m/c due to a blighted ovum at 9 weeks, in May I had a m/c due to a ?ectopic this was treated with methotrexate. I am now 4 1/2 weeks so just an early m/c. I am fab at getting pregnant its just getting it to stick properly thats the problem lol! I see my GP next week and I know I will be referred (he said he would if happened again). I am in the uk what tests will the do etc. Thanks for your help xx

Yea, I'm still undecided, I can see what you mean, it would help to know. I'm just worried that since we haven't even seen an embryo that there won't be enough tissue to test, the doc did say it was a possibility. Plus my betas are still rising a bit, so want to wait til they go down so I can feel 'sure', iykwim.
Ps how many have you had, and have they come up with a reason/treatment?

I've had two mc's. The first was a blighted ovum and the second they called a blighted ovum however there was a yolk sac present. My doctor explained to me that there doesn't have to be a fetus to do the chomosomal testing. The gestational sac has all of the same DNA that the fetus would have as well. So they can just test the gestational sac DNA and that will give you answers. The second was due to the Trisomy 16 so we have an answer for that. The first was not tested. I have had a run of blood tests as well as an HSG and SIS. Everything has come back normal so far. We have been given the "bad luck" speech. Only time will tell.

Cazi- :hugs:

Edit: yolk sac not fetal pole!

The clexane imjections are fine. you do get used to them very quickly. I have had good and bad days though. some days I cant feel a thing and others it does hurt a bit. I have been injecting for almost 7 months now so my skin has some harder tissue that I have to avoid and sometimes its finding a nice "fresh space" but really its ok. the way I see it is that it will get me this baby and I will do anything. its amazing how strong that makes a person
xx

Thanks for all the info girls, the article and thread are really interesting hopeful23456! I have had an hsg which was inconclusive due to my very tilted uterus, so then had a lap which showed very minor septum (shouldn't cause probs), minor endo and all else good. There are some docs here that are looking at everything, it just takes awhile to get in as the waiting lists are loooong, as soon as this loss is confirmed, will get on the list. I did hear the possibility of being a bit fast tracked due to age but we'll see if it'll really happen! After my spotting the other night, no more, but lots of heaviness, minor cramping and strangely enough, today my breasts started hurting again...gosh what a rollercoaster these things are!
What's going on with everyone else??
Cazi77- we're in the same boat it seems...hugs

Hi ladies how is everyone? I'm 4 dpo!!! Boring 2ww!! Our elec at home keeps tripping so I'm waiting for an electrician!! All fun stuff!! Off to centre parcs for my 30th next friday exciting!! Xx

Hey all hope its okay to join in this thread! I have had 2 MC's my last 2 cycles... The first was chemical but the second was at 7w 3d the day after seeing the heartbeat :( So now I am currently awaiting my first visit with an RE... With the last pregnancy my progesterone was at 6.1 at 6w 3d and I was put on prometrium... Any info or questions I should ask my RE at the consultation would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all hope its okay to join in this thread! I have had 2 MC's my last 2 cycles... The first was chemical but the second was at 7w 3d the day after seeing the heartbeat :( So now I am currently awaiting my first visit with an RE... With the last pregnancy my progesterone was at 6.1 at 6w 3d and I was put on prometrium... Any info or questions I should ask my RE at the consultation would be greatly appreciated!

hi newmrsg and welcome! sorry for your losses, too bad your weren't on progesterone from the beginning (the RE will probably have you do that next time) but who knows if that was the only issue. i had low prog for a couple of m/c and now they put me on it 48 hours after IUI or BD. i would ask them about the typicaly rpl panel of bloodwork and their views on NK cells/immune issues/ivig and intralipids just to hear their take on things.
here's a helpful website for all the acronyms (I still have to use it)
https://forum.purseblog.com/pregnan...nancy-related-lingo-for-reference-161749.html

me: 35 mthfr (A1298C hetero) other than that, fine
DH: 33 fine

4 m/c, first in march, 2000, 3 in past 15 months, all unexplained and in weeks 5-6, 1 bfp was with clomid/ovidrel/iui
3 rounds clomid w/ovidrel total

Hi guys, Im back to join in for this cycle too if you'll have me. :flower: Now doing TSI with everything under the sun. :dohh: After 2 m/c's, all the testing in the world, DR for 6 weeks to get rid of endo and DH managing to get his sperm count up from the floor (6mths of no drink, no smoke, no sports, best vitamins - dna frag great now too :thumbup:), we are doing TSI with everything. :wacko: Prednisone, Lexapro (for anxiety and to balance out the steriods) aspirin, clexane, intralipids. I've been on everything for roughly 9 days now. They found anti-thyroid antibodies and anti-tpo antibodies in the last test -Ten times higher than should be. :cry: Doesn't surprise me as I had years of arthritis until I changed climate for a few years. :happydance: Had intrapilids yesterday. Have 3 large follicles and triggering tomorrow, BD on sat. So scared it won't work and scared it will work and m/c again. Scared of just about breathing right now. :shrug: It's taken us the guts of 2 years to get to this point and suddenly here we are, doing something and Im freaking.

Thanks guys, I just needed to share that and I know you guys understand the fear.

Wow thank you so much hopeful! I am writing all that down! I am so sorry for all your losses...
Thanks so much for the link too I'm sure I will be visiting it frequently!
Gill~ I can definetly relate to the fear of basically everything... I haven't even started yet (I see the RE the 4th of Oct.) and I am already scared of the chance of going threw this all over again :( But I guess that's something we all have to face in hopes that we are all blessed with a LO... Big hugs to you! Fx for you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

well after having my 14th loss recently I have decided not to ttc, the hardest decision in my life. but for right now. I Know it is the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->