Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Early scans are so important, I had to go private but it was worth it! My NHS 12 weeks scan was scheduled for today, it would have shattered me finding out this late!

Brilliant that somebody is pregnant here, glad they are taking good care of you Petitpas, S. must know what he is doing!! x

I agree Talvikki. I will be scanned at 5.5 weeks at my next BFP as they will be checking to make sure it's not another ectopic after already losing a tube.

Bellamama. I am taking the whole shebang from Ov on next attempt following on from Shehata.

Can't wait to see him and hear what he has to say. I will take all my previous test results and consultants notes.

I will def keep you posted.

Thank you x.

Hi Petitpas, yeah that could be an option,thanks! How are you doing? Do you have any scans coming up or are you waiting until 12 weeks?

Petitpas makes an excellent point. Progesterone from 3 DPO or 4 DPO at the latest would be much better in my opinion.:thumbup:

Yep. I also agree. Always from ovulation :)

Girls from St Marys when u have scan is it internal I no it sounds stupid but don't no whether to wee or not lol!! X

It depends whether you have a tilted uterus or not. I think that they always do an abdominal scan first as routine then an internal. I have a tilted uterus and they always do the abdominal first and it's so frustrating as I know they will never see anything!

Thanks ladies I have a tilted uterus to fili what do they do then if they can't see? I have been here 40mins so far!! Bored! Lol
Seems weird to no there's other people here going through the same though! I just want to hug everyone!!
Lesley Regan is here as I have seen her an looks like another lady! Dunno who she is any ideas? X

I've seen two guys (Aziz and Rai) and Prof R so unfortunately I don't know who the lady is. Isn't there a board with names on it?

Since you are not pregnant they will be looking at the shape of your uterus and your ovaries. The lady who scanned me was very nice. I asked her a lot of questions and she was very happy to point things out, give me measurements (lining, follicles) etc.

It's amazing how full these clinics are! All these women going through the same as us...

Thanks ladies I have a tilted uterus to fili what do they do then if they can't see? I have been here 40mins so far!! Bored! Lol
Seems weird to no there's other people here going through the same though! I just want to hug everyone!!
Lesley Regan is here as I have seen her an looks like another lady! Dunno who she is any ideas? X

There's another lady called Mary Stanton who is the secretary. Are you just having a scan or a consultation. You're at St Mary's in Paddington right?

I just wanted to come give all you ladies a huge :hugs: and tell you to NEVER give up hope. Miracle do and will happen

xxx

Thanks, Mon! May I ask how you are getting on?

You sure can. :flower: All seems great so far. Last scan showed the baby 3 days ahead in size and with a heart rate of 179. My first OB appointment is tomorrow. For now I am still with my RE since I have remaining scheduled IVs. However, my Dr. is testing my NK cells again on November 1st and if they are at a normal level she feels I will no longer need the IVs. Other than that I will continue the progesterone until I am 13 weeks along (I am 9.5 now).

How about you, how are you doing?

Hi ladies well just left St Marys paddington! Had my internal scan then she did a tummy one is that normal? I then saw mr aziz who said hr won't repeat my bloods as I have had them all done at Southend an there negative! I just had 2 bloods done one of which they only do there an one other?! He said my uterus us slightly heart shaped!
Basically he wanted to no what I wanted from him, as I already had my negative tests! I said some answers!
He told me if I had a 5th mc I would b able to have a
hystrocopy but it's up to me if
I want to wait until I have a
5th or I can have one first! I
said def have the procedure!! but if its all ok an my bloods r what then! He said keep taking clomid just keep trying, it's just unexplained! I could cry I feel so disheartend! He said only if the results from this blood test come back positive would I need to go back! An then the treatment is 150mg aspirin, if not I will have a hystrocopy done locally an that's that no clexane no prednislone nothing Wong even try it!
I feel I should of gone private, it's cost me £120 today in trains parking taxis an drinks an I'm none the wiser an still bring fobbed off! X

sorry to hear that davies! so he is against empirical treatments? why would he do a hysteroscopy - to just check that it's all normal? I had laparascopy/hystero after HSG dye test showed a big uterine septum. she found a small amount of endometrioses when in there so took that out too w/the septum. they shouldn't be just waiting until a 5th - that's ridiculous - anyone else have a better Dr for Davies? i had thought st marys was good just from reading some things but this just isn't right.

mon - been wondering about you - good to hear it's going well

girls - i have a tilted uterus too - i think there is some kind of connection between tilted uterus and rpl issues. i created a Poll survey as to how many people have tilted uterus or not on a RPL forum and 23 out of 28 had tilted uterus. BUT, the survey was probably biased because maybe some girls that don't know what a tilted uterus is didn't vote as they don't have one).

afm: i'm in 2ww, peeing on sticks...8 dpiui if you count the day after iui as day 1.

Hi hun whats empirical treatment? sorry i feel so in the dark about the whole situation!! He didnt mention anything about hsg, just i can choose to have a cant rem now if it was a hystrocpy or laparoscopy whats the difference? What do you think i should be having? xx

Hi hun whats empirical treatment? sorry i feel so in the dark about the whole situation!! He didnt mention anything about hsg, just i can choose to have a cant rem now if it was a hystrocpy or laparoscopy whats the difference? What do you think i should be having? xx

Sorry it wasn't worth your while :nope: So how long did he actually spend with you answering your questions then? They are paid SO much money they should spend some time with you especially if you have waited so long for an appointment.

empirical treatment just means they give you the medicine "just in case" because they can't figure out what's wrong with you and it's worked for other people. not sure exactly the difference between hysteroscopy and laparoscopy (even though they did both to me) but one goes through your belly button w/a camera so they can see in there and then they make an incision above your pubes (sorry if TMI) - i just know as i have a scar there - and that is how they do the surgery.

i'm surprised they wouldn't mention an HSG dye test? It's to check for uterine abnomailities (like a septum, for example). BUT - i could have skipped the HSG test and just gone right to the lap/hystero - because then they are already in there, looking around, and can fix things as necessary. If you do the HSG test first, and they find something strange, then they have to do the lab/hystero anyway. I did the HSG first because I was scared to be put under for the lap/hystero BUT I had to still have it anyway. So maybe this Dr just skips the HSG test typically?
I wish I would have skipped the HSG test just because it REALLY hurt me (it doesn't hurt everyone) because my right tube was little blocked and things were tight in there with the large septum.
if your insurance covers it - do the hysteroscopy. My procedure was around 8500 USD and insurance covered it.

found this online:
Laparoscopy is direct visualization of the peritoneal cavity, ovaries, outside of the tubes and uterus by using a laparoscopy. The laparoscopy is an instrument somewhat like a miniature telescope with a fiber optic system which brings light into the abdomen. It is about as big around as a fountain pen and twice as long.

An instrument to move the uterus during surgery will be placed in the vagina. Carbon dioxide (CO2) is put into the abdomen through a special needle that is inserted just below the navel. This gas helps to separate the organs inside the abdominal cavity, making it easier for the physician to see the reproductive organs during laparoscopy. The gas is removed at the end of the procedure.

A hysteroscopy is a way for your doctor to look at the lining of your uterus. He or she uses a thin viewing tool called a hysteroscope. The tip of the hysteroscope is put into your vagina and gently moved through the cervix into the uterus. The hysteroscope has a light and camera hooked to it so your doctor can see the lining (endometrium) on a video screen.

A hysteroscopy may be done to find the cause of abnormal bleeding or bleeding that occurs after a woman has passed menopause. It also may be done to see if a problem in your uterus is preventing you from becoming pregnant (infertility). A hysteroscopy can be used to remove growths in the uterus, such as fibroids or polyps.

Thank u so much hopeful that's really useful I agree I'm pleased really didn't fancy the hsg as I have heard it's painful! Would rather go straight in! I am having the hysterocopy, it actually makes a bit mire sense as I have had problems conceiving as had to take clomid to get preg so that could explain the infertility or maybe they might find something! Mayb it's not as bad as it sounds! The cons at St Marys wouldn't offer empirical treatment but my local one does! So maybe I might be better off locally an I recogn I couls push for injections from ov rather than from hb scan like he suggested before! I think I'm going to get nk cells test! I didn't really ask alot as I kind of expected him to be doing talking an I thought I would be listening to all his plans fir me! Instead he did ask if I had questions etc! But I just asked him if everything was normal what next an he said that's it!! Unexplained nothing more can b done! So off to private an nk cells I go! X

Davies, it's not easy news to receive but there is one advantage: the vast majority of 'unexplained' women go on to have a successful pregnancy!

I was in a similar situation to yours (not exactly the same as I had a clotting diagnosis before ttc #1) and was put on the waiting list for a hysteroscopy (in essence a camera up your foof to look at the inside of your womb). In the meantime I had my immunology results and started ttc-ing on steroids :blush: naughty me!
If this pregnancy doesn't work out I will have the surgery as after 5 D&Cs I am definitely at risk of adhesions.

As for a laparoscopy, that is quite a bit more invasive than a hysteroscopy but very much has its place for diagnosing/treating. They make one or two little cuts on your bikini line to insert tools/camera etc. and one cut inside your belly button (this will later be invisible). They fill you up with gas so the top of your belly arches like the roof of a cathedral and all your insides are nicely visible to the surgeon. After one of my laps my DH and I got to see pictures and it looked amazing - DH particularly commented on my surprisingly healthy looking liver :haha:
With a laparoscopy they can see whether you have endometriosis. They see what's happening on the outside of your womb.

I hope that helps and I wish you all the best. Not having a positive test result is good, too, in that as it means you can rule out a lot of problems :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->