• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Does anyone know the statistics for a live birth after 3 mcs? I read somewhere last night that it was 55% :cry: Not sure how true this was.

there cant be statistics because there many different reasons for multiple m/cs...

there cant be statistics because there many different reasons for multiple m/cs...

Thanks Tracie - I wondered about this too.

I must stop reading books on mc. It is becoming quite unhealthy.

Rumpskin - I'm the same reading too much and driving myself insane!

However have an interest in this type of stuff as its what I do for a living!!Anyway as far as I'm aware the official figure is 3 in 4 chance (ie:75%) chance of a successful pregnancy after recurrent mc if they have found NO cause for them, ie: all your tests come back clear! I have had my tests done and just have to wait 3 months on results now so at this stage while my consultant reakons a better outcome is a problem they can treat I'll be hoping for no reasons!!!!

Anyway thought I would let you know as I think its a positive thing & as its just a figure some of us will have an even higher chance of successful outcome xx

Does anyone know the statistics for a live birth after 3 mcs? I read somewhere last night that it was 55% :cry: Not sure how true this was.

Hey Rumpskin.

I've read this too. Apparently everytime you MC the statistic gets higher. Infact, I'm at my consultant tomorrow so I'll add this to my list of questions. I'll be there all day at this rate. My list is massive!

XXX

My consultant figures are as follows:

1 mc - 80% chance of conceiving
2 consecutive mcs - 70% chance
3 or more consecutive mcs - 60% chance

He says that it is still 60% so it is still a high chance that it will be successful. Got to hold on to that hope then xx

Thanks ladies. There is so much conflicting advice out there.

I hope we are all in the percentage range whereby we can bring our babies home.

Heaven has too many of my angels, I only want one on this earth x

Hey Rumpskin.

I've read this too. Apparently everytime you MC the statistic gets higher. Infact, I'm at my consultant tomorrow so I'll add this to my list of questions. I'll be there all day at this rate. My list is massive!

XXX

How did you get on today lovely?

I got some blood results back today on my thrombophilia work up. Mostly everything came back normal. I don't have the Lupus Anticoagulant which is good, but I did have a clotting time that was over the range and the Dr is not sure if that is significant so I'm going to see a hematologist next. And i'm scheduled to do progesterone testing next month. I'm not sure what to think of anything but it is good to keep pursing possibilities.

Hello all sorry to all the new mums that's have joined us on this thread. Massive hugs to you all and to your familyz.

I have a question I have just had another mc so that 12 or 13 now I have lost count!
Any way my question is this- Have any of you found that your body changes after every mc? My AF cycle changes each time and the ovulation pain gets worse each time too. I have also found that I get a massive amount of EWCM .

I am just curious if I am the only one with a crazy body

I got some blood results back today on my thrombophilia work up. Mostly everything came back normal. I don't have the Lupus Anticoagulant which is good, but I did have a clotting time that was over the range and the Dr is not sure if that is significant so I'm going to see a hematologist next. And i'm scheduled to do progesterone testing next month. I'm not sure what to think of anything but it is good to keep pursing possibilities.

I think it is great that you are still being tested bklove. Hopefully you will find an answer soon lovely xxx

Hello all sorry to all the new mums that's have joined us on this thread. Massive hugs to you all and to your familyz.

I have a question I have just had another mc so that 12 or 13 now I have lost count!
Any way my question is this- Have any of you found that your body changes after every mc? My AF cycle changes each time and the ovulation pain gets worse each time too. I have also found that I get a massive amount of EWCM .

I am just curious if I am the only one with a crazy body

Totally. During this cycle (straight after chemical), I have had bucket loads (sorry if tmi) of EWCM. My EWCM has more or less gone on holiday over the past few cycles! Typical as have not been ttc this cycle as I just cant get enthusiastic about it at the mo.

My cycles have also got heavier and more painful.

Sorry about your losses sweety. xxx

It's nice to know I am not the only one. The other odd thing with my body is when I have an u/s a week later I always have a folicle with two mature eggs every time!! It has my dr, gun and fs a bit confused

It's nice to know I am not the only one. The other odd thing with my body is when I have an u/s a week later I always have a folicle with two mature eggs every time!! It has my dr, gun and fs a bit confused

How bizarre. At least your body is trying to get back to normal which has got to be a good thing? x

Babytots - I really hope it is a BFP xx Please let us know how you get on. I really want to have a good luck story for us all.

thanks ladies well af arrived so was a chemical pregnany :cry: but on the upside df has agreed to try again.

right going to catch up on everything i have missed not been on in a while :blush: been so busy! x

ok so read through the posts and forgotten who said what lmao! my excuse i am really ill and cant really think straight!

so as i said above we are ttc again if our results come back normal on the 4th what will they offer when i do get pg again?i.e for clotting problems they prescribe baby asprin and daily injections but what if my blood results come back normal. i know some consultants put pg women on the aspirin as a precaution and i really want to give my next pregnancy my all in ensuring that i have done everything in my power to try and keep him/her safe until the due date especially as df has said if we lose another thats it no more trying. any advise would be appreciated.

hello to all the new ladies on here am so sorry we have to meet like this. i promise i will try and post more i have been so so busy with wedding plans and keeping my girls happy that i barely have time to breath never mind post! x

I got my test results through today... 'no action required' Which I guess means they didn't find anything which means there is no apparent cause of my rmcs.. It is good news, but I had hoped that there would be something wrong so that they could fix it. Knowing there was no reason for them makes things so much more difficult to deal with. How will I know it won't happen again if they can't find anything to fix? OH and mother don't understand how I'm feeling about it all... They just keep saying, 'its good news, so what's the problem?'. Sorry, I know there are people out there who do have things wrong and I bet they wish that they didn't and that the test had come back like mine. I know I am fortunate. I just wish there were some answers...

I got my test results through today... 'no action required' Which I guess means they didn't find anything which means there is no apparent cause of my rmcs.. It is good news, but I had hoped that there would be something wrong so that they could fix it. Knowing there was no reason for them makes things so much more difficult to deal with. How will I know it won't happen again if they can't find anything to fix? OH and mother don't understand how I'm feeling about it all... They just keep saying, 'its good news, so what's the problem?'. Sorry, I know there are people out there who do have things wrong and I bet they wish that they didn't and that the test had come back like mine. I know I am fortunate. I just wish there were some answers...

Hi Hun, I know how you are feeling, I dont start testing till 10th August but I know in my heart there is nothing wrong with me but am hoping there is in a way so there is a reason behind my losses. Have you had lots of tests done becuase my doc says just becuase blood tests dont reveal anything there may be other problems. :hugs:

Ihave my FS appointment now, but not until October. We are still TTC (no meds this cycle) but, part of me wonders why to bother since if I even did get pregnant (slim chance there) then chances are I would m/c anyways. But, for some reason I keep going.

hi ladies hope everyones well.

peach sorry you didnt get any answers i know how hard that is but in a way its good news as your chances of it happening again are probably slimmer. i get mine back next week but know that they will prob come back normal too.

bklove glad they are sending you for more tests. its god they have discovered a blood clotting problem as its treatable.

jasmak-fingers crossed you get pg before your fs tests. i know you said its a very slim chance but miracles happen!

not much news from me still havent ov'd and now i have a feeling i wont ov this cycle at all. going to speak to my consultant about my irregular cycles as its really get me down now. just want to have regular cycles :hissy:

well theres my moan for today. one week to go and i hopefully get my results.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->