Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

hi girlls i hope u dnt mind m poping in every noow and again to see how everone is xxx lve to u all im so sorry u suffered losses but pls ther is light i am noow in my 7th pregnancy im 7 weeks and 3 days so if i can do it so can all of u xxxx im here for anyon who wants to chat u can pm me xxxx love rhia

Hi Want2bamum86, good to hear positive stories as I know I feel like I'm losing all hope. congratulations to you x x x

just to let you know that we had another scan this morning and my gestational sac has doubled in size and now as a yolk sac, all in 4 days. Am being rescanned next wednesday to see if this is going to be a viable pregnancy. I've not got my hopes up too high as I'm still have brown spotting but I'm so relieved it's not an ectopic.

Hey Rabbit. Good news on the scan - I will keep everything firmly crossed for you. Who knows, perhaps you'll be one of those people who have spotting throughout and still have a lovely healthy baby at the end of it all. I hope so.

Rabbitt, you must be so so confused!! What were the results of the HCG and progesterone? Please let us know how you get on! xx:hugs:

Hi, I'm ok thanks. Still feeling downhearted and not sure how to snap out of it at the moment! x

moonmama im here for u if u ever want to chat xxx

Thank you! I see your pregnant - did you have to have any treatment to get to where you are now? x

I was wondering what you ladies have tried in terms of treatments and stuff?

Rabbitt, you must be so so confused!! What were the results of the HCG and progesterone? Please let us know how you get on! xx:hugs:
thanks Moonmama I am a bit confused, part of me wants to hope that we'll see a little foetal pole or hb in a week but my sensible side knows that this is unlikely.

they only took one HCG and progesterone test, as I nearly failed the urine test as mine was so weak (i didn't need to pee and drunk a bottle of water) so HCG was 947 and progesterone was 59nmol/l - the Dr didn't comment on this and refused to repeat hcg as he said scanning was more accurate to see what's going on.

With regards to treatments, last pregnancy I tried 75mg aspirin and 200mg progesterone suppositories, didn't help. Then I had my RMC tests and they showed my blood clots too easily so I was prescribed 150mg of aspirin taken from when I get a positive bfp. If this pregnancy ends in miscarriage I doubt it's to do with clotting, probably just a random chromosomal mess up which unfortunately you can't guard against.

I'm sorry that you're going through a difficult time at the moment but we're all here for you, this thread has been a lifesaver for me :hugs:

Well fingers crossed Rabbit. Although I can't believe they refused to do more bloods - I swear the midwife at my EPU does nothing but take my blood when I am pregnant. I reckon somewhere in that hospital they are collecting all my blood and creating a Frankenstein's monster version of me. Maybe that one will have working lady bits!

Well fingers crossed Rabbit. Although I can't believe they refused to do more bloods - I swear the midwife at my EPU does nothing but take my blood when I am pregnant. I reckon somewhere in that hospital they are collecting all my blood and creating a Frankenstein's monster version of me. Maybe that one will have working lady bits!
:rofl: that's a great mental image :D

for some reason they really don't like doing bloods at my epu, they did them once before at my first miscarriage when I tested negative on a urine test and only because I nearly had hysterics they did an HCG test. I think this time they did it as my urine test was so faint.

funny how they all vary. I need to get my own lab and ultrasound machine, then I could just do it all myself!

Don't joke. In my last pregnancy I looked on ebay for an ultrasound machine. It was about £3000 but I figured if I offered people a scan for £20 (with no medical input whatsoever) I would make the money back in no time!! Perhaps we should pool our savings and buy one - I'm not that far from you!! Lets be honest, I've read enough on google to pass a medical test in fertility by now. That's it...I'm off to retrain!

I would deffo pay £20 a scan, I reckon you'd have ladies queuing up to do it. I wonder how long it takes to train as a sonographer... as I am a nurse I would be happy to do (useless) blood pressure checks and take bloods.

I did ask my DH for an ultrasound machine plus sonographer but he looked at me like I was a crazy lady - which I am.

When are you having another scan Rabbit? Its all so incredibly nerve wracking and cruel isnt it? I remember other mc's ive had where I've been ploughing through the misdiagnosed miscarriages sites to see if I can get some glimmer of hope from it :cry:.

Lamb I've looked at buying ultrasound machines before as well! Feel slightly less sad now :haha: thanks for that!

xx

I am always reading girls, I am so sorry for all the recent loses, and have everything crossed for the girls who are pregnant.

I am pregnant again, my last miscarriage (seventh in just over two years and also had a little girl who was born sleeping in May 2007) was in September. I have had three scans and my fourth is tomorrow, I am around 10 weeks (they wont date me with the early scans). I am on progesterone pessaries, aspirin and clexane.

Fingers crossed for us all to have sticky beans x

Moonmama - my scan is next Wednesday, I've been trawling misdiagnosed miscarriage stories too :hugs:

Tasha - congratulations I'm glad all is going well for you. Success stories make me feel more hopeful of having a healthy baby after 4/5 mcs.

Tasha,

Could I just ask if this is the first time you have taken the prog, asprin and clexane? I am on my 4th pregnancy and 3 previous miscarriages. I am now also on all of these as my blood test showed I have the sticky blood.

I am always hopin to find success stories just to give me some hope that things might work out this time

I would deffo pay £20 a scan, I reckon you'd have ladies queuing up to do it. I wonder how long it takes to train as a sonographer... as I am a nurse I would be happy to do (useless) blood pressure checks and take bloods.

I did ask my DH for an ultrasound machine plus sonographer but he looked at me like I was a crazy lady - which I am.

I asked my DH too. I said that Tom Cruise bought one for Katie Holmes and that if he really loved me, he would buy me one. He obviously doesn't love me enough as I didn't get one for Christmas. :rofl:

Tasha - Congratulations and best of luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->