Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Rabbitt weds seems like ages away!! I think your being amazingly patient, are you having any symptoms at all? Because I got to 10.4 weeks this time as soon as I knew it had gone wrong I was desperate to have the erpc just so that the sickness would stop

Congratulations on your pregnancy Tasha-Its lovely to hear something positive. sounds like you've had a horrendous couple of years too :hugs:! So glad your being treated this time. Can I ask at what stages your mc occurred in the past?

xx

Moonmama - I'm not really having many symptoms, not as much as I had before I started spotting but I feel a bit sick, off my food, sore boobs but not as much as before. I just wish the boobs would stop hurting.

Lamburai - we're both clearly unloved! ;)

Thank you girls. My scan went well today.

stardust22, yes it is the first time. I hope it works for you :hugs:

moonmama they were between 6 and 9 weeks, the last one was six weeks and carried for a further 9 weeks.

How are you all?

Hi girls

I have finally plucked up the courage to start the ball rolling again :happydance:.

After suffering three m/c, I was referred last year to a local hospital for recurrent miscarriages for a consultation. They basically said are options were to keep trying or to go down the IVF route (private as OH has children already) but unfortunately we cannot fund this at the moment.

I went to the doctors today to ask about NK Cell testing and the doctor did not know anything about it :wacko: He is writing to the hospital consultant who we saw last year to see whether or not this is something the hospital could do or to find out where we could get this done locally (we are SW England unfortunately).

Does anyone know of any clinics locally that could do these tests? I asked the doctor about referring myself and he said that it is best to go through the GPs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rumps x

Hi Rumps.

I have seen a consultant (privately) who is happy to prescribe me the treatment for NK cells without having the test as they are fairly low risk (apparently!). It was possible to get the NK Cells womb biopsy at Birmingham Heartlands until recently, but sadly they are no longer running this study. Lots of consultants (privately for the most part) will do NK cells testing by blood (which is less accurate apparently but still useful).

Have you actually had any other tests done? I imagine you have but you didn't say...

Hi Rumps.

I have seen a consultant (privately) who is happy to prescribe me the treatment for NK cells without having the test as they are fairly low risk (apparently!). It was possible to get the NK Cells womb biopsy at Birmingham Heartlands until recently, but sadly they are no longer running this study. Lots of consultants (privately for the most part) will do NK cells testing by blood (which is less accurate apparently but still useful).

Have you actually had any other tests done? I imagine you have but you didn't say...

Hi Lamburai

Thanks for this :flower: I have had the full blood tests at my gp's which came back normal/satisfactory then got referred.

I have emailed the Nuffield website to ask how I can go about being referred.

:hugs: xx

I know I said I would be going away from here now we're TTC again but I can't stay away - oops

Rumpskin - I'm a bit like Lamburai but didn't go private, my NHS consultant told me he will give me 5mg Prednisolone on the next pregnancy even though I've not had any NK testing done. I'm in South Wales. I find it extremely lucky to be under the consultant I am as he is very progressive and even though he made me fully aware any treatment will not guarantee a pregnancy he's seen pretty good results achieved from taking the steroids/Clexane/hcg/aspirin/progesterone combi he's putting me on the next time.

Good luck

I know I said I would be going away from here now we're TTC again but I can't stay away - oops

Rumpskin - I'm a bit like Lamburai but didn't go private, my NHS consultant told me he will give me 5mg Prednisolone on the next pregnancy even though I've not had any NK testing done. I'm in South Wales. I find it extremely lucky to be under the consultant I am as he is very progressive and even though he made me fully aware any treatment will not guarantee a pregnancy he's seen pretty good results achieved from taking the steroids/Clexane/hcg/aspirin/progesterone combi he's putting me on the next time.

Good luck

5mg Prednisolone? Mine has put me on 25mg? Did you mistype or is mine trying to turn me into a steroid junkie??

Lamburai it's definitely 5mgs daily for me. I have a friend who did test positive for NK cells (she went private after failing to conceive) and she was on 20mgs daily. I'm not sure why my dose would be so low but I still feel lucky to know that at least they're going to try something

Hi ladies, not been online- sick children! Really interested in this Nkcell issue! I've written to my consultant to ask if he will consider me for it if we try again. Like you rumpskin i'm in SW and in seems very backward in terms of up to date knowledge of stuff that this! If he agrees to treat me i'll let you know. Where abouts are you having your treatment?

Holly it is good they are willing to try something- but giving you a dose thats too low is going to be a useful as not having at all. So personally I would challenge the dose and say you've noticed it seems quite low and ask them to review it.

xx

Hi ladies, not been online- sick children! Really interested in this Nkcell issue! I've written to my consultant to ask if he will consider me for it if we try again. Like you rumpskin i'm in SW and in seems very backward in terms of up to date knowledge of stuff that this! If he agrees to treat me i'll let you know. Where abouts are you having your treatment?

Holly it is good they are willing to try something- but giving you a dose thats too low is going to be a useful as not having at all. So personally I would challenge the dose and say you've noticed it seems quite low and ask them to review it.

xx

Hey you

Thanks for this. I will keep you updated too :hugs: I emailed Nuffield last night to see if i could go private as I have a feeling this is going to be drawn out process going through my docs. I am Somerset. I contacted the Miscarriage Association and they could only give me details of clinics/hospitals in London and Liverpool - I cannot believe these tests are not available in our neck of the woods!

Hi! Yes will love to hear how you get on! I'm being treated at RD & E in Exeter. I saw the consultant just before my most recent pregnancy and he offered to put me on fragmin, aspirin and pregnyl injections (all my bloods were normal) I asked him about NKcells and he said the only useful test was uterine biopsies and this was too invasive (expensive I think he meant!!) and the treatment was prednisilone but he didnt want to give it to me 'yet'. So I've now had my 5th miscarriage, so I've written to ask him to ask if he will reconsider! I dont think I could feasibly travel up to london so hoping he will help me xx

Hi! Yes will love to hear how you get on! I'm being treated at RD & E in Exeter. I saw the consultant just before my most recent pregnancy and he offered to put me on fragmin, aspirin and pregnyl injections (all my bloods were normal) I asked him about NKcells and he said the only useful test was uterine biopsies and this was too invasive (expensive I think he meant!!) and the treatment was prednisilone but he didnt want to give it to me 'yet'. So I've now had my 5th miscarriage, so I've written to ask him to ask if he will reconsider! I dont think I could feasibly travel up to london so hoping he will help me xx

I am sorry to hear about your five losses :hugs: Your consultant sounds more willing to test you further than mine - she just said keep trying or private IVF. No mention of other tests but then I did not mention the NKC test :wacko: I am going to pursue this as I am on the wrong side of 30 and want to have a child before it is too late. My gp did say that she would give me aspirin and progesterone if I did fall pregnant again - better than nothing I suppose. If I dont here anything from Nuffield soon, I will ring them and get a rough idea of costs to go private :growlmad: I dont want to go to London either. The gp I saw yesterday was talking about a post coitial (sp?) test - swab taken after you have had sex - not sure what that would do???

I am sorry to hear about your five losses :hugs: Your consultant sounds more willing to test you further than mine - she just said keep trying or private IVF. No mention of other tests but then I did not mention the NKC test :wacko: I am going to pursue this as I am on the wrong side of 30 and want to have a child before it is too late. My gp did say that she would give me aspirin and progesterone if I did fall pregnant again - better than nothing I suppose. If I dont here anything from Nuffield soon, I will ring them and get a rough idea of costs to go private :growlmad: I dont want to go to London either. The gp I saw yesterday was talking about a post coitial (sp?) test - swab taken after you have had sex - not sure what that would do???

You could contact RD&E for advice. I'm an NHS patient but I know they do private treatment too. PM me if you'd like some contact details. In my letter to the consultant I also mentioned to him that I was concerned about my biological clock advancing!:haha:

Hi all - following this thread right now as also want NK cells test, but all a bit hazy! Consultant agreed to refer me to Siobhan Quenby couple of weeks ago, but when I called to see if had done no-one can tell me as he's on holiday!?? Any info gratefully recieved!

Hi all - following this thread right now as also want NK cells test, but all a bit hazy! Consultant agreed to refer me to Siobhan Quenby couple of weeks ago, but when I called to see if had done no-one can tell me as he's on holiday!?? Any info gratefully recieved!

Hi Chilli- will let you know what mine has to say about the NKcells test if he gets back to me. I offered to pay privately for the test if need be x

Hi all,

I'm interested in the NK cells issue too as it's the one test I've not had. I've heard the Siobhan Quenby's trial has closed and I don't know anyone that will take a uterine biopsy for NK cells, the few other Drs seems to just do a blood test which allegedly isn't as accurate.

Will be interesting to see what everyone finds out

:hugs: to all x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"