Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hello, I hope you don't mind but just wanted to give you another positive outcome story, after TTC for a couple of years, clomid etc, then multiple early mc's I was given aspirin and clexane with high dose folic acid and Sofia was born weighing 8lb 4oz, I never ever thought the day would come, I hope your stories end as happily xxxx

Hi Lola. Were you diagnosed with any clotting disorders in order to get aspirin and clexane? I only ask as one consultant says take it, and another says don't as I don't have any identified blood clotting issues and not sure what to do.

Oh, and congratulations!

Hey sweetie, I know this wasnt to me but I thought I would just say that I read that there are many unknown blood problems that are yet to be found, so many are new (for the medical world) so I would be incline to agree that you should.

I will tell you about my Mum, she had recurrent miscarriages, she then had my sister and had a dvt so got put on blood thinners but she was tested and no clotting disorders found, me and my siblings with the help of blood thinners. Then twenty odd years later I had Honey who was born sleeping so bloods were taken and it was discovered I had a clotting disorder, they advised my family were tested too, of course my Mum had the same disorder, it just hadnt been discovered all those years ago.

I am tired, so hope it makes sense?

And my scan went well. Thank you girls :hugs::hugs:

Hey everyone....I thought I would drop in and say goodbye. I am going through my 7 miscarriage right now and I honestly cannot handle it anymore. I stayed away from the boards thinking it would shelter the blow if I lost this baby, but even though I have been through it 6 times before, it is never easy to hear the words. I hope everyone here goes on to have their forever baby.

I am so sorry sweetie. I hope that whatever place you go to, and you get support. If you ever do feel you need an ear. pm me! I have been thru a lot so I can relate.

today has been so hard on me, I was crying earlier, bc I have so many chores to do, and I can not bring myself to do them. I wanted that baby so badly. and yet it just wouldnt happen for me.

I am so sorry for all the people that post in here, bc I feel your pain and understand it perfectly. this is way too much. Me and my husband already decided if the next baby doesnt stick we are gettin gmy tubes tied, bc I can not handle anymore losses.

9babies- I am so sorry for your losses. We haven't spoken before so I don't know your whole story, but my heart breaks for you. Have you been tested or anything? I know what you mean about getting your tubes tied- I am seriously trying to figure out what to do next as well.

I am getting tested finally. I had a lot of insurance issues and changes over the years, so I have never gotten tested, and many doctors didnt take me seriously, until now.

I am really just heartbroken. I really dont know if my body or my mind could handle another loss. : (

I really want to giv eyou big hugs, bc I Know how you feel and it is not a cool place to be. : /

Amos I know this is useless but just wanted to offer you :hugs: I'm so sorry x

9babies- I hope you get the answers you need from testing. With me, the only thing that was abnormal was I am homozygous for MTHFR. Usually treatable with baby aspirin and other anticoagulants, but it didnt seem to help these last two pregnancies. So I am really at a loss.

Amos, I am so so sorry :cry: :hugs: :cry:
There are no words.

As for the MTHFR, it really is a mthrfcuckr! (<-sorry for the language :blush: but it's true!)
The only thing I read about it beyond clotting is that when homozygous it can inhibit folic acid intake so you would need to be on the bitch@ss dosage (5mg daily), possibly even more?

I don't know whether it would help much, but could you have the foetus tested?

You are right Petitpas- everytime I see MTHFR that's exactly what I think too. They have me on mega doses of folic acid. I have been on that since last summer to no avail. There is not fetal pole or baby so I am not sure anything can be tested? I only have a sac that is not growing. ?

Awe I am sorry amos, that is really terrible. I really wish there was something I could say or do to make things better for you. that is just awful. hugs

I am waiting on the referral to be seen. I hate waiting! : /

Oh I am so sorry Amos and 9babies! and of course everyone that has to be on this thread!!!

I have had 4mcs now and waiting for my last result for karytyping to come back but I have a blood clotting problem and used clexane, asprin and prog for the last one but it didnt help. scared about what will happen next time. its sooooooo exhausting. :cry:

Oh and I am not using my monitor this month as I thought we should take a break..... got ewcm and some ov pains today, we :sex: last night not realising!! lets hope it works but deep down I want it to and then on the other hand I will probably lose it again anyway and putting myself through heartache yet again. At what point am I going to say enough is enough? I thought I was done after 3 and here I am approaching 5.

Amos - I am so so sorry darling. I know there are no words that can help, but you'll be in my thoughts.

Hi Ladies! Well, I go away for the wknd and come back to more sad news on this board!
Amos, 9babies - I am so, so sorry! As Lamburai said, there are no words that really help but you are in my thoughts too. All of u are!!

Lamburai / Petitpas, have u checked out my chart lately? Its gone a bit bonkers. Since they told me at the scan I wasn't ovulating, maybe I had just ovulated?! Who knows! But, for the past
3 days I've spotted on and off. Light pink. If its AF coming then I wish shed hurry! Don't they say if you don't ovulate then you won't have AF. Its been so long since my other m/c(s) that I don't
remember first cycle after all too clearly. I'm sooo confused! TMI (sorry) but CM was pinky/orange yesterday.

Anyway, again - you are all in my thoughts. How is LeeC doing??

Lala xxx

Thx lovelost! That's what I thought but I've read numerous places that you won't if u don't O. The tinterweb is full of
contradictory info eh!!

I just have to wait it out. Xx

Thx lovelost! That's what I thought but I've read numerous places that you won't if u don't O. The tinterweb is full of
contradictory info eh!!

I just have to wait it out. Xx

thanks everyone for your kind words! I am having a little bit of a better day so far. I really just wish it was 2 weeks from now already. and my stupid referral people would call already. It has been 5 days already and they still havent called. so I might have to badger them.

Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me posting on here, i have only had one MC but ive been looking at getting acupuncture to help me get pregnant again, but saw a few articles and forums on acupuncture and recurrent MC, i didnt read them but thought some of you ladies may be interested in looking at that.

Im so sorry for your losses ... love and luck to you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->