Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Oh LeeC that's awful, I think the limbo situation is the worst thing ever as you don't know whether to give up to prepare yourself or to keep hoping.

My experience might be a bit similar, this pregnancy just gone I started spotting (pale beige) at 5+5 had a scan at EPU that showed something that might be a pregnancy sac - ?ectopic so went back in 4 days and there was a gestational sac with a yolk sac - measuring about 5 weeks - they said to come back in another week. So at the next scan everything had grown again but still no foetal pole and the gestational sac was still not even up to 6 weeks size but because it was still small they said to come back in two weeks to make sure it's a non-viable pregnancy (in the meantime I miscarried and passed the sac). My spotting wasn't very much, turned to brownish but I didn't have any cramps or red blood. I know my story doesn't have a good outcome but I know other ladies have gone on to have viable pregnancies after similar experiencess - it just depends.

For me, I knew that it would be bad news as soon as we didn't see anything that looked like 5+5 as my dates couldn't be out but the waiting to have it confirmed just drove me mad as did the Dr saying he thought it could be viable - I thought he was nuts with my history it was v unlikely.

Sorry for blathering on, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this and I hope that you get some answers soon :hugs:

LeeC - I don't want to contradict the doctors advice my lovely but personally, I would stop the progesterone as if you are going to miscarry, then this is likely to be prolonging it. Thats what happened to me in MC no.4 and I miscarried in full 2 days after stopping the progesterone. It's your call obviously, but that would be my only advice. I hope you are ok sweetie.

Thanks Rabbittchild, tbh, I am not expecting good news, especially with my track record!!!
In fact at the EPAS centre, the midwife said to me "unfortunately, you know the drill by now", sort of say it all really, but I am just hoping that this time maybe, just maybe, things will work out differently.
And yes, you are so right, limbo land, is the worst place to be, usually my m/c's are over within a week, all this waiting is tearing my nerves to shreds.

Lamburai: Thank you, I know exactly what you are saying. I said to the midwife this morning that I thought the progesterone could be delaying m/c, as I know it can do this, but tbh, the though of giving up yet, I don't know, I don't really feel ready yet. I am probably my own worst enemy.

I hope that I get some answers soon, and thank you again for your support and advice.

I hope we all get the news we want soon xxx

:hugs: i found it hard to stop taking the aspirin - which doesn't have any affect on a mc as I just had that shred of hope that I would be one of those miracle women who has shitty scans and then voila an 8 week baby in there.

Thank you all for the kind words.

As for the measuring small - I did OPKs this time around so I know I only ov'd 2 days late at the most, but I know with implantation time and error on the u/s that measuring a week small can easily be within what I should be.

As for testing - I have a dr's appt this morning, to make sure the miscarriage was complete, and I'm going to talk to the doc about getting some testing done - hopefully that won't be an uphill battle.

LeeC - I don't know how far along you are, but this past time at my 6w scan I only showed a 4w4d sac with yolk sac...and 7 days later had a little beating heart fetus in there that had grown to 6w1d...so a lot can happen in a really short period of time! Granted mine didn't have the best end, but it was heartening while it lasted. And hopefully yours is just starting slow and will have a big growth spurt and be one of the ones that catches up!

wishing luck and stickiness to all!

Hi Ladies

I really can't thank you all enough for your kind words and advice, especially when everyone is dealing with their own issues and heartache.
You'd think you would get use to it, but it's always soul destroying.
I have seriously just broke my heart crying, but tbh, think it's what I needed, a good blub always makes me feel better when dh goes out lol...
The hospital called to say the blood count was 2780 and have said that they need me to come in on Tuesday to see if they can get to the bottom of it then. I guess I need to play the waiting game a while longer.

Right, time for some happy thoughts I think.

Sending hugs to all xxx.

Pad -ooh a Spanish baby would be great - you'll have to teach it Spanish and call it someting like Manuel or Maria - hope you're in the 30-50% who get lucky, that's alotta money, but who can put a price on it?

ha ha ha Chilli:haha:

Lambs... starts as soon as I get up the courage to make an appt lol... I have just started a new job.. so wanna bed in there for a month or so ... guess about Aprill time for an initial consultation and then they find a donor... pop us both on the pill... fill us both full of injections then pop those lil eggs outta her and into me...
Sounds so easy diesn't it lol???:winkwink:

Oh LeeC - as if it wasn't all bad enough already? I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. I usually end up crying in the shower!(it's the only place I get any peace!).

I'm having a really hard time at work and was given a bit of a rollocking this week for how I am with others - then I thought, you know what, it's less than 2 months since my last MC - my 3rd, they know all about it and I found out my estranged father is being treated for lung cancer 2 weeks ago (which they also know about!) and I thought you know what you ********s, give me a break! Just needed to get that one off my chest

Aww Chilli, yes they SHOULD give you a break, I hope work improves and they realise they ought to cut you some slack after what you've been through, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad too.

Padbrat - I agree sounds very simple and I hope it is for you :D

LeeC - more waiting for you? will be thinking of you on Tuesday, I have my final scan then too.

:hugs: to everyone hope you all have a good weekend.

My 22 yr old sister just txt me to say her period is 7 days late - Nice!

Thank you Chilli, your work really need to be more understanding, that sounds awful and must be adding even more stress on top of everything else. It never ceases to amaze me how insensitive some people can be, I hope they are never in the situation to find out.

I hope you manage to get a break and take some time out for yourself.
I am so sorry to hear about your dad too, life really can be a piece of **** at times, so rant all you like.

Rabbitt, thanks, will be thinking of you too. And yeah, that must feel like a kick in the teeth, I can't help but feel bitter at the moment, although I am happy for everyone I know with their babies, it makes me feel like my dreams have been taken from me, hopefully we will all have our day, and it will be extra special because we will truly know the heartache we have been through was worth it.

Hugs to all xxx

Also, on another note, can any of you ladies let me know how I post a picture to my profile, many thanks :)

Just got a letter through the post about my gentic testing. Turns out I have balanced translocations of chromosome 13 and 14 so i am being refered to gentic counselling. Feel beyond shitty at the min and just trying to take it all in. From some reading it means there is nothing they can do and we just have to keep trying but 25% of any pregnacies i have will end in MC and its harder for me to even get pregnant because 50% of eggs are duff to begin with.

All my PMA has gone flying out the window and i'm not sure how much more i can take how many more times i can get knocked back......

Just got a letter through the post about my gentic testing. Turns out I have balanced translocations of chromosome 13 and 14 so i am being refered to gentic counselling. Feel beyond shitty at the min and just trying to take it all in. From some reading it means there is nothing they can do and we just have to keep trying but 25% of any pregnacies i have will end in MC and its harder for me to even get pregnant because 50% of eggs are duff to begin with.

All my PMA has gone flying out the window and i'm not sure how much more i can take how many more times i can get knocked back......

So sorry you have joined my club hun... I have a translocated chromosome ... a bit of Y on the end of my X... causes countless issues for us...hence all the M/c's and no help from the NHS for fertility cos I am a lost cause..:haha:

So... am thinking 1 chance at ED and of it fails I am calling quits on this whole circus!

I am going to get tested soon. (just waiting on my referral) I really need to know why I have so many miscarriages. I cant handle another loss to be honest.

hi girls well been in hospital all day as started bleeding this morn my babys heart beat is getting weaker gotta go bk on monday i have been given a injection so i hope baby sticks if not will b my 7th baby lost

Razcox - tough news sweetie. I hope the genetic counsellor can offer you more hope.

Want2bamum - I'm sorry to hear your news honey. How far along are you? I hope the doctors can help you somehow.

9babies - I can't believe you've not already been tested. Good luck and I hope you get some answers.

Oh Razcox - I don't know much about your problem but I'm sure it's really hard to hear that news. You still have a good chance of a HH pg though so try to keep that in your head as you carry on through the circus as padbrat so rightly calls this game!

Padbrat -I sincerely hope with all my heart that that is not a decision you ever have to make as you will have baby Manuel to stop you!

Want2 - hope that LO hangs on in there, look after yourself

LeeC - I can't remember how I did my avatar now, but will se if I can work it out and get back to you.

I'm still very stressy about work and wondering if I should be taking time off - I'm a teacher so I don't get to choose my hols so it would mean signing off with stress.

Been reading my Dr Lee book and going to ask to have my adrenals checked and buy some progesterone cream.... when I have the energy to research that I'm getting the right thing!

Razcox - tough news sweetie. I hope the genetic counsellor can offer you more hope.

Want2bamum - I'm sorry to hear your news honey. How far along are you? I hope the doctors can help you somehow.

9babies - I can't believe you've not already been tested. Good luck and I hope you get some answers.

thanks. I hope so too.

Hi everyone, sorry to hear all your news. Razcox sorry to hear about your results.
Want2be...I'm sorry you're having a worrying time too.
Well I got the call from my consultant about our results.....there are none because the hospital cocked up and my baby was never sent to cytogenetics despite it being agreed well before my erpc and then confirmed by 3 doctors prior to my erpc....I am so annoyed that vital information has been lost irretrievably :growlmad:

Hi everyone, sorry to hear all your news. Razcox sorry to hear about your results.
Want2be...I'm sorry you're having a worrying time too.
Well I got the call from my consultant about our results.....there are none because the hospital cocked up and my baby was never sent to cytogenetics despite it being agreed well before my erpc and then confirmed by 3 doctors prior to my erpc....I am so annoyed that vital information has been lost irretrievably :growlmad:

Oh that's terrible.. sorry :(

It's absolutely ridiculous the level of incompetance that hospitals seem to get away with (many more horror stories relating to pregnancy alone, in addition to all the other departments)

A local hospital was in the news just yesterday because when a man collapsed on a non-emergency floor, the nurses there didn't know what to do with him so they called 911 and the paramedics had to come to the hospital to help him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->