Reins

i'm in much the same position as you bungle. bella's been walking for a couple of months & while, at the moment, if we go out, she's generally happy to hold my hand, i know that's unlikely to be the case forever ;) i do wear her a lot, but less than i used to, & we usually go for a little walk together each day around the area we live in.

i was so against reins, but i know it's going to be a struggle if bella wants to take off & i've got #2 in the sling or in the pram. so i picked up some yesterday, which i'll use when necessary.

good luck with #2! you're going to have a slightly smaller age gap than us :)

xx

aaahhhhh I LOVE reigns (and have not yet met a twin parent who doesnt use them) I have the littlelife ones too and love them although for walks rather than car first trips. I have twin reigns too that are like traditional ones but they convert in a few ways and also have a parent belt so you can clip one to you while loading the other - GENIUS!!!

i'm in much the same position as you bungle. bella's been walking for a couple of months & while, at the moment, if we go out, she's generally happy to hold my hand, i know that's unlikely to be the case forever ;) i do wear her a lot, but less than i used to, & we usually go for a little walk together each day around the area we live in.

i was so against reins, but i know it's going to be a struggle if bella wants to take off & i've got #2 in the sling or in the pram. so i picked up some yesterday, which i'll use when necessary.

xx

It's a shame we live so far away from each other!! I bet my LO and your LO would be great friends :) i've invested in a sling, well a Moby Wrap. I thought it'd be a good idea but it seems quite complicated to tie and i'm terrified of doing it wrong and baby falling out! Maybe theres a video on YouTube which would better assist me than the rubbish instruction booklet which it came with. Good luck to you too hun, I hope you're not too uncomfortable. It's not easy being so heavily pregnant and having such a little person to run around after, is it? I'm just very very lucky that my LO still very much enjoys a long afternoon nap each day :happydance: and long may that continue!! x

aaahhhhh I LOVE reigns (and have not yet met a twin parent who doesnt use them) I have the littlelife ones too and love them although for walks rather than car first trips. I have twin reigns too that are like traditional ones but they convert in a few ways and also have a parent belt so you can clip one to you while loading the other - GENIUS!!!

Hi hun, do you think it's worthwhile buying a Little Life backpack AND a cheaper pair of reins for car journeys? Twin reins sound like a VERY good idea indeed! x

It looks like a similar age gap between our two!

Its brilliant and I love it, but you most definately will need reins! Its for yours and their safety and is a god send!

Tbh though our DS started walking at 10 months and when DD was born he still wanted to go in the pram. But we always took the reins and they were worth it!

Lots of fun and games to come :lol: My two pulled the wallpaper off in my front room last weekend and then used my lipgloss to colour the rest of it! (my back was turned literally MINUTES!)

We have a ittle Life backpack.

She hates it but i am sure she would hate to be under a vehicle.

V xxx

Harry has the traditional reins. He has been walking for 7 months now and if we're only going on short walks I like him to walk but he is very independent and will not hold hands. He very much likes to go his own way and the reins give him that little independence. DH however doesn't use them and so he ends up having to carry him.

Hi - we have a little life backpack (in the shape of a dinosaur - its so cute) my lo (15months) loves it and it saves me a lot of difficulty (and i only have one child) he won't hold my hand for more than one second so its quite literally a life saver. I do what has already been suggested and slip it off once he is in the car seat and back on again before we get out if needed. My sister used one alot to help with her little girl whilst pushing her baby boy in a pram. I'd definately get one! Good luck btw. xx

I'm also a big fan of reins! They were a godsend when Evie wanted to walk everywhere. Now we dont need them as she's excellent at holding our hands but I'm sure they'll come into play again when she starts pushing boundaries! We got a set from Mothercare which have been really great so far, but I would like to get the backpack style ones, they looks so cute :D

My DD has a pacapod toy pod that has reins and she LOVES it! https://www.pacapod.com/shop/toddler-nursery-bag-toypod x

xx

It's a shame we live so far away from each other!! I bet my LO and your LO would be great friends :) i've invested in a sling, well a Moby Wrap. I thought it'd be a good idea but it seems quite complicated to tie and i'm terrified of doing it wrong and baby falling out! Maybe theres a video on YouTube which would better assist me than the rubbish instruction booklet which it came with. Good luck to you too hun, I hope you're not too uncomfortable. It's not easy being so heavily pregnant and having such a little person to run around after, is it? I'm just very very lucky that my LO still very much enjoys a long afternoon nap each day :happydance: and long may that continue!! x

I used the moby wrap from when Bella was a newborn until she was 7 months old - I loved it & can't wait to carry #2 in it :) just practice a bit (with a doll / teddy!), it isn't too bad, honest :) i'd take bella out in it & if she woke, i'd take her out but leave the wrap on & just slip her back in it when she was ready for it again!

xx

We used reins with my son most of the time from about 14 months (when he started walking properly) until about 3 weeks ago (he is 21 months now).

It wasn't just to stop him from running off, it was mainly to be able to stop him from falling over when he tripped, which he did a lot of when he started walking.

He's very good at walking now (and mostly running everywhere) and holding hands when necessary, so we don't use them as much now - but we do still use them on the odd occasion that we go somewhere really busy, or if walking near a main road.

Definitely a good idea :thumbup:

xx

I used the moby wrap from when Bella was a newborn until she was 7 months old - I loved it & can't wait to carry #2 in it :) just practice a bit (with a doll / teddy!), it isn't too bad, honest :) i'd take bella out in it & if she woke, i'd take her out but leave the wrap on & just slip her back in it when she was ready for it again!

xx

It's probably just me being dense but I can't quite figure out when you've wrapped it around you which bit baby is meant to go in?! Maybe i'll have another go tomoro (THE FIRST DAY OF MY MATERNITY LEAVE!!! :happydance:) X

I bought a similar wrap from Victoria Sling lady and still haven't had the time to figure it out! I should do though as DD has reflux and needs lots of rocking, so if I wore her I could get more stuff done, especially as we're moving house in a week! Bungle enjoy the start of your maternity leave.
Mariew I love your avatar, it looks like an old fashioned picture!

Thanks Josie! I will certainly appreciate it more this time around because I know how quickly it passes. Last time I spent much of it panicking about what I was going to do with DD1 when I went back to work and if work would let me work part-time etc etc. This time around the childminder who up til now has been looking after DD1 has agreed she'll take them both when I go back to work so that's just such a huge relief. Unless of course I win the Lottery in the next 9/10 months in which case all my worries would be solved and I could probably afford to pay the CEO of Moby Wrap to come and show me how to use the bloody thing!!!! Lol ;)

LOL a lottery win would solve a lot! Enjoy your maternity leave, it really goes so quickly doesn't it? I'm off until next September, though it's kinda sad that'll be my last stint of maternity leave as I think our family is complete. I was only back to work from my last maternity leave in April and off again in September so I can't really complain!

I use them with my LO. We where on holiday recently and i couldnt work out why i kept getting filthy looks, untill a local came up to me and asked what are they (his reins) So i explained, and he said oh, they are very bad, and here we only put dog on this.
It upset me abit because id rather keep LO safe, not running into roads, running off getting lost. I dont think their bad at all, maybe different cultures but i cant see how its safe to let a 2 year old run off on their own x

I use them with my LO. We where on holiday recently and i couldnt work out why i kept getting filthy looks, untill a local came up to me and asked what are they (his reins) So i explained, and he said oh, they are very bad, and here we only put dog on this.
It upset me abit because id rather keep LO safe, not running into
roads, running off getting lost. I dont think their bad at all, maybe different cultures but i cant see how its safe to let a 2 year old run off on their own x

Whoa! Where were you on Hols?? I've never even heard of nyone being against reins before?!

Have you seen the goldbug reins? You can get different animals. Ihave the monkey for my little monkey. He is not walking yet but i cant wait to use them. Search for goldbug reins in amazon. They are fab! X

Have you seen the goldbug reins? You can get different animals. Ihave the monkey for my little monkey. He is not walking yet but i cant wait to use them. Search for goldbug reins in amazon. They are fab! X

Very cute!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->