RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

I went on a diet with Imogen and she dropped a centile so definitely has an impact on production. Safe to say I was straight to Asda to stock up on naughty foods to gorge on lol. Once your on track you could always try slimming world or something like that which the have plans for pregnant and bf mums. X

I went on a diet with Imogen and she dropped a centile so definitely has an impact on production. Safe to say I was straight to Asda to stock up on naughty foods to gorge on lol. Once your on track you could always try slimming world or something like that which the have plans for pregnant and bf mums. X

It was slimming world I was on. I think I just need to establish by supply and give it a go when weve been EBF for a while. I still have these 8oz to drop.

SW is probably for after your supply is established?

WOW! I have just read this thread from the start and i have to say you are bloody amazing, and your little girl is a superstar ... :flower:

WOW! I have just read this thread from the start and i have to say you are bloody amazing, and your little girl is a superstar ... :flower:

Well thank you very much. She is a trooper, and she loves her boobies!! ;)

I juust wanted to say Hooray!! Thats awesome that you stuck with it and followed your daughters lead when she latched!!! :)

Yeh I'd give it a go with an increase of calories, you can still do sw just add a few naughty treats or bigger portions lol. Bf is the perfect excuse for splurging. I think do anyway ha ha. X

So we went to our first LLL meeting tonight, I have to say it was so helpful! The ladies were so friendly and helpful. For the first time since I started this, people "in person" have made me feel like I really AM doing the best by my baby. That I AM a good mum for wanting BM for her and not that I'm starving her or being weird. I am so pleased I went.

I was shocked and saddened though, there were only 4 of us. 2leaders , myself and one other new mum. In a town with over 63,000 people!!! So many mothers and babies are missing out. :(

Today was also my Nanas anniversary. My dear Nana has been gone a year, especially now I miss her so much. I was a little teary-eyed today and left the house without the bottle. So LO only had 4 oz yesterday and was doing fine!! So I'm going to try to keep her at 4oz for 3days. It's a bigger drop than we're used to but we'll see how it goes..

:wave:

I've just read this whole thread and WELL DONE BOTH OF YOU!

I.have a lot of Irish family and I don't get this weirdness over BLing! :hissy:

Supply usually regulates in 6 weeks-ish so keep going full pelt for another couple of weeks. It's so worth it!

On your diet, I would say listen to your body and eat if you're hungry. Before Leila started food I would often eat one of those big bags of Cadburys treats A DAY and I was the thinnest I have ever been (bar the giant boobies! :haha:) I have heard.if you're naturally skinny you might not be able to get to a pre-preg weight while BFing as you need to keep a certain supply of fat reserves for your milk. I'm naturally slim rather than skinny and a EBF Leila was like free liposuction! :rofl: These days I'm not so hungry now she eats so much food.

How are things with your hubby now? Has he got over himself? He'll appreciate not being able to feed LO in the night soon enough! :rolleyes:

xXx

Aw glad the group helped, pity there wasn't a better turn out though. I've never been to any groups personally though. Your both doing so well and hopefully you'll soon be at the end of your relactating journey and begin a ebf journey, the end is in sight yay. Xx

:wave:

I've just read this whole thread and WELL DONE BOTH OF YOU!

I.have a lot of Irish family and I don't get this weirdness over BLing! :hissy:

Supply usually regulates in 6 weeks-ish so keep going full pelt for another couple of weeks. It's so worth it!

On your diet, I would say listen to your body and eat if you're hungry. Before Leila started food I would often eat one of those big bags of Cadburys treats A DAY and I was the thinnest I have ever been (bar the giant boobies! :haha:) I have heard.if you're naturally skinny you might not be able to get to a pre-preg weight while BFing as you need to keep a certain supply of fat reserves for your milk. I'm naturally slim rather than skinny and a EBF Leila was like free liposuction! :rofl: These days I'm not so hungry now she eats so much food.

How are things with your hubby now? Has he got over himself? He'll appreciate not being able to feed LO in the night soon enough! :rolleyes:

xXx

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the encouragement. We've scrapped the diet for this week anyway. We've been working now a month and we are so so close to the end. It's been over 24 hours since our last formula. She's seeming pretty satisfied .

Hubby has gotten over it. Thank God. He has taken over bathing and her baby massage...she loves the bath so she's all smiles when she gets bathed. So that's their wee bonding time. ;)

Yea Irish have a Stinkin attitude of BFing. :( its so horrible.

Again thank you for your support! X

Aw glad the group helped, pity there wasn't a better turn out though. I've never been to any groups personally though. Your both doing so well and hopefully you'll soon be at the end of your relactating journey and begin a ebf journey, the end is in sight yay. Xx

YOU have been an AMAZING support. I cannot thank you enough. We are almost there!!

Well ladies, this is where our relactation journey ends and our EBF journey begins.

June 5th @ 6.16 am was Trinity's last formula feed. We were out all day yesrerday and I decided to leave my safety net (steralised water & formula) at home and just trust my body. We were 15 mins from home so if she genuinely was starving I could just go home and get the formula. Well we didnt need it! She seems satisfied at the breast. Her nappies are doing fine, she's pooping a bit more often but it's all good.

I am so thrilled to be ending this journey and starting out EBF with my 10wk old daughter.
Thank you all do SO much for your love and support and advice. I honestly would have given up without you girls cheering me on. :cloud9:

This is fantastic news to wake up to. You've done brilliantly, you both have. All the hard work is done now and you can enjoy all that bf offers. Xxxx

Well this update has really cheered me up. Well done! I've loved following your journey and to read this updated is really great. You and you LO have done so well! :happydance::happydance:

Congratulations! What a great achievement for you both.

wonderful news! i've been following this thread and am genuinely so happy for you and your baby!!! so amazing!!!

Wow, so WONDERFUL to log on and read this update today. What a journey with a beautiful ending (ok, beginning really!)!! Your hard work has been so inspiring and your story just goes to show that everything is possible with hard work and dedication! Well done, I am so excited for you. Please give us all a few more updates on how the next few days go. :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->