Removed

Oh god they drive me nuts! They are sick twisted people and I seriously would like to be put in a room with Micheal and Debbie Pearl and switch the shit right out of them! A book that tells you how to abuse your children is disgusting and should be destroyed!

WARNING... UPSETTING INFORMATION BELOW!

Here are snipets from the book that's on sale world wide still.

1) The Pearls recommend whipping infants only a few months old on their bare skin. They describe whipping their own 4 month old daughter (p.9). They recommend whipping the bare skin of "every child" (p.2) for "Christians and non-Christians" (p.5) and for "every transgression" (p.1). Parents who don't whip their babies into complete submission are portrayed as indifferent, lazy, careless and neglectful (p.19) and are "creating a Nazi" (p.45).

2) On p.60 they recommend whipping babies who cannot sleep and are crying, and to never allow them "to get up." On p.61 they recommend whipping a 12 month old girl for crying. On p.79 they recommend whipping a 7 month old for screaming.

3) On p.65 co-author Debi Pearl whips the bare leg of a 15 month old she is babysitting, 10 separate times, for not playing with something she tells him to play with. On p.56 Debi Pearl hits a 2 year old so hard "a karate chop like wheeze came from somewhere deep inside."

4) On p.44 they say not to let the child's crying while being hit to "cause you to lighten up on the intensity or duration of the spanking." On p.59 they recommend whipping a 3 year old until he is "totally broken."

5) On p.55 the Pearls say a mother should hit her child if he cries for her.

6) On p.46 the Pearls say that if a child does obey before being whipped, whip them anyway. And "if you have to sit on him to spank him, then do not hesitate. And hold him there until he is surrendered. Prove that you are bigger, tougher." "Defeat him totally." On p.80 they recommend giving a child having a tantrum "a swift *forceful* spanking." On the same page they say to whip small children on their bare skin until they stop screaming. "Don't be bullied. Give him more of the same." They say to continue whipping until their crying turns into a "wounded, submissive whimper."

7) On p.47 they recommend their various whips, including "a belt or larger tree branch" to hit children.

8) The Pearls recommend pulling a nursing infant's hair (p.7), and describe tripping their non-swimming toddler so she falls into deep water (p.67). They recommend ignoring an infant's bumped head when he falls to the floor, and ignoring skinned knees (p.86). They also say "if your child is roughed-up by peers, rejoice." (p.81) And on p.103 the Pearls say if children lose their shoes, "let them go without until they (the children) can make the money to buy more."

9) The Pearls claim their "training" methods are Godly, yet they have *no religious training or credentials* They never mention Jesus' injunctions to forgive "seventy times seven" and be merciful, and they decry the "extraordinary ignorance of modern psychology."

The Pearls' methods have resulted in parents being investigated by Child Protective Services, children being taken away from parents, a restraining order against a father, and even a babysitter going to jail on felony charges!

I am shocked and appalled people like this can call themselves Christians! Sick Sick Sick!

The poor kid got whipped for crying because he was shut outside and being ignored?? There are SO many things wrong here!! This upset me. I cry for every child these people have gotten their hands on, or have parents who listen to this crap.

I have cried many times reading and thinking about these poor children :(

They were on Anderson Cooper tonight. It was frightening, to say the least.

god thats all kinds of F**ked up. scuse my language but i dont think mucked up covers it

Oh my gosh. Are you kidding me????????????????????

A child was actually beaten to death by parents who owned this book and followed its principles. The Pearls say they don't advocate that kind of harm, so they don't feel responsible.

Oh My gosh!!!!! That is, IMO, completely barbaric! Those poor children.

I have no words for how sad and sick this makes me feel.

Id show them whipping if I ever saw them. See how they like being 'trained'. These are KIDS not animals!! Sickening.

That's just abuse. How are you going to whip an infant?

Disgusting.

This is sick. Whipping any child but especially a 4 month old that is probably crying for her mommy to comfort her & is responded to by a whip.

I've heard of these people and read things...absolutely horrible!! There is another group like them too but I think the Pearls are the ones with grown children who won't even speak to them? That's saying something...yet they are advising other parents??? I might be wrong, but pretty sure it's the Pearls who's kids won't talk to them...

It's not even that I disagree with spanking.. my father spanked us as kids.. but...

A. who the hell spanks an infant or small child?
B. who the hell spanks a child for crying?
C. Who spanks a child with the intent of breaking them or dominating them?

I mean, he spanked a kid with a switch for crying who the hell does that?

Who spanks a 4 month old.. or a one year old???? What do they do that is so bad that you have to spank them? I don't get it at all!!

Nothing he's preaching is Godly at all!

Heartbreaking. have just had to pick my LO up and give her a hug after reading this thread, it really upsets me that 1) people do this to their kids and 2) they then sell books persuading other people to do it. I don't really understand how they can bring themselves to. Smacking older children is something I'm not sure about. I don't like the idea, but I remember my Mum did it to me - just the once, she said she never needed to again, and that she cried for hours afterwards. regularly whipping small infants though is something else. is this not classed as child cruelty?

:cry::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->