Removed

Seems everybody has a Facebook page these days....... https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150749349250234&id=812710233#!/NoGreaterJoyMinistries

the comments on this page scare the beejesus out of me. i cant get over how they think its a loving act to beat your child.

Just to add, the interview they showed on Anderson Cooper 360 was one of the most frustrating things to watch. They demonstrated one of their spanking "techniques" to the reporter by hitting him on the leg repeatedly with a switch. Then they said "Did that hurt?" and the guy said "Yeah, I'm almost 50 and that still hurt..." and Pearl responded "Did it leave any marks?"

As if whether or not it left any marks was the indicator of abuse. The idea that it's okay to hurt your children as long as there's no proof really infuriates me.

i will point out first that i don't agree, but i think the idea is that if you hit a child too hard it will leave marks, if there are no marks you haven't hit too hard and that makes it ok.

this all reminds me of when i used to work in a supermarket, and obviously we would have loads of kids coming in, mostly noisy and lively, a bit mischievous, sometimes naughty, sometimes downright destructive - they could be a pain, but they were basically normal kids. then there was this one family with 2 boys, i would guess about 6 and 8 years old, and they would follow their parents round the shop, never making a sound, never even looking at each other. obviously their behaviour was impeccible, but i think it might have been the saddest thing i have ever seen. of course, there may be another, innocent, reason for their behaviour, but i always wondered if they were too scared of the consequences to make a noise or misbehave. they appeared to have absolutely no life in them. perhaps they were just 'well trained'?

Yes! I am also wary of some children too well behaved. Whenever a parent boasts that a child is so well behaved I dont always think wow thats great. Sometimes it is a result of fear of harsh punishment. x

These people are satanic, not Godly

Poor children makes my blood boil. I would be absolutely disgusted at an animal neing treated like this, let alone a child :(

I think these people need to be put in jail for spreading this crap.

I know it's off topic, but did anyone else look around the site at other articles? They are crazy! One is about abusive husbands. After stating that the woman should continue to be submissive and not tell anyone about it (in order to make him "trust" her that she will not talk about him), there is this part of the article:

"But if your husband has sexually molested the children, you should approach him with it. If he is truly repentant (not just exposed) and is willing to seek counseling, you may feel comfortable giving him an opportunity to prove himself, as long as you know the children are safe (and he never has an opportunity to be alone with them). If there is any thought that they are not safe, or if he is not repentant and willing to seek help, then go to the law and have him arrested. Stick by him, but testify against him in court. Have him do about 10 to 20 years, and by the time he gets out, you will have raised the kids, and you can be waiting for him with open arms of forgiveness and restitution. Will this glorify God? Forever. You ask, "What if he doesn’t repent even then?" Then you will be rewarded in heaven equal to the martyrs, and God will have something to rub in the Devil’s face. God hates divorce—always, forever, regardless, without exception."

OMG.:growlmad:

^ I can't imagine how damaging that would be for the children! Having to live with a father who molested them but "it's okay because he's sorry and he'll never be left alone with them". Absolutely insane! x

Ive been on the FB page, and even had a few of them PM me on the subject... I have commented and some of the comments weren't nice at all, some surely not fit for bnb. It sickens me this type of shit is still being sold :(

I feel ill reading about it. It is just sick. Those people don't deserve children.

******** WARNING ********

Some may find the contents of this video upsetting/disturbing. Please do not watch if you feel you will be upset too much.

https://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/08/15/exp.ac.tuchman.punishment.cnn?hpt=hp_c2

A video newscast about them and the killing of a 7 yr old girl by parents who followed their books.... :(

That is the most vile thing I have ever seen. Just sick sick sick! :cry:

Its disgusting, why is the book still allowed to be purchased :nope:

<3

Freedom of speech, unfortunately. Same reason neo-Nazis and the KKK are allowed to gather.

you can sign this petition for its removal on amazon , its in this article.
https://mamamule.blogspot.com/2011/08/amazon-we-find-child-abuse-offensive.html

I feel sick just reading about this, those poor poor children :nope:
Its disgusting :(

Ahhh the Pearls. What a bunch of f*cktards. They make me so insanely angry. What gets me most isn't the book or the website... it's the reviews on Amazon from mothers and fathers who HAVE followed the advice in the book and think what they are doing is right. The poor poor children :( xx

I have a question. What is this book and who are these people? I have never heard of them and so have no idea. What is so bad about the advice that they give? And if it is so bad then why are they still able to sell it?

Freedom of Speech, hun. They basically advocate the concept of "spare the rod, spoil the child" and say that children need daily beatings. If they are self-publishing, there is nothing the government can do to stop it. However, stores can choose not to stock it and that's what a lot of people are pushing for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->