Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

I am on Maca and Femaprin ( has Vitex in it but also has B6) and prescribed pre-natals.......... I had been taking both since January and Febraury and got my :bfp: April 3rd but I also MC as well...

are you regular? how long are your cycles? have you been temping?

no im not regular, i get my AF every 2 months, but im currently a month overdue :/ and i have been temping for about a week and my temps are quite up and down atm :/ do you think having the flu or flu shot could have affected my cycle last month?

I am on Maca and Femaprin ( has Vitex in it but also has B6) and prescribed pre-natals.......... I had been taking both since January and Febraury and got my :bfp: April 3rd but I also MC as well...

no im not regular, i get my AF every 2 months, but im currently a month overdue :/ and i have been temping for about a week and my temps are quite up and down atm :/ do you think having the flu or flu shot could have affected my cycle last month?

umm not sure about that.... are you entering your temps on Fertility Friend? this website does everything for you.. you can see it if you click on my ticker below., it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY to see when I am actually O'ing

have you been to the doctors to find out why you are irregular

the vitex helps regulate and maca is also a fertility booster for both men and woman..

you really just have to find YOUR tincture... some it may help some it may not...

I am not taking the same stuff as the other ladies in this thread :shrug:

I'm taking a prenatal with DHA in it (which is supposed to help boost female fertility), I just started maca today, I am taking two capsules and a tsp of the powder in my protein shake in the morning. Not sure if that is the right amount but we shall see. I am going to get some Royal Jelly to spoon into my fertility shake in the mornings. Get those ovaries and uterus revved up in the AM.....ahhaha!

Well the dr gave me the thumbs up on TTC and said I had lost 10lbs since I was there in Feb. He kept my meds the same....wooohooo!! I don't have to go back for 4 months.

umm not sure about that.... are you entering your temps on Fertility Friend? this website does everything for you.. you can see it if you click on my ticker below., it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY to see when I am actually O'ing

have you been to the doctors to find out why you are irregular

the vitex helps regulate and maca is also a fertility booster for both men and woman..

you really just have to find YOUR tincture... some it may help some it may not...

I am not taking the same stuff as the other ladies in this thread :shrug:

no i havent been to the dr yet, i wanted to ttc without any extra help first, so i thought i would check for natural help :) is it ok to take vitex and macca at the same time? i might look into both

yep you can take both together

it's Vitex and Clomid you can't.. BIG NO NO, they cancell each other out

Wispy
Well the dr gave me the thumbs up on TTC and said I had lost 10lbs since I was there in Feb. He kept my meds the same....wooohooo!! I don't have to go back for 4 months.

AWESOME!!!! woooooooo hoooooooo :happydance:

kel - oh monkey suit...Im with sbb, I work in shorts and tshirt all day....Last time I was in a monkey suit was about 7 years ago.

dandy - my mixture is maca, prenatals with DHA, clomid, and pre-O, robitussin and green tea.....phew...sounds like alot huh.....hahahahahahaha

there you are... hee hee I was a wondering .. nice ...shorts and tees all day.. well hell you live on a BEAUTIFUL island :lol: jealous very jealous

kel - oh monkey suit...Im with sbb, I work in shorts and tshirt all day....Last time I was in a monkey suit was about 7 years ago.

dandy - my mixture is maca, prenatals with DHA, clomid, and pre-O, robitussin and green tea.....phew...sounds like alot huh.....hahahahahahaha

wholy molly that is alot :o what is DHA? what is the robitussin for? and pre-O?

robitussin is to make ewcm, basically to counteract the clomid. DHA is a type of fatty acid.

evening all

well kitchen came is all flat packed and waiting to be done!

We live in a 1 bedroom flat so we're moving our kitchen into our living room as its big to make an open plan kitchen thingy and the kitchen will be a second room. Cos by the time we wait for house prices to go up, to move and have a bigger place for a baby I'll be old and grey lol

Just gotta get a bfp to have a baby to go in the room now!

Am considering starting temping but I'm a student nurse (at the moment anyway) so lots of shifts and odd hrs so will it be accurate?

Am considering starting temping but I'm a student nurse (at the moment anyway) so lots of shifts and odd hrs so will it be accurate

how odd??? what would a work week be like? I mean you can do it but your temps should be taken at the same time... you can see in mine that the open circle are the days I get up at 3:30am where as the rest of the week I take mine at 5:45am to 6:15am....

try it and see how it goes .. it can't hurt

glad to hear the kitchen is in... YAY

I work night shifts on the weekends and have wondered if that messes up my ovulation signs and the temping. I got to where I am not sure when I should be doing what. My dr told me that working night shift will definately make my body feel a little backwards and my circadian rhythm is all screwy. It makes it difficult to lose weight and it can mess with my cycles. I am pretty much used to my schedule now and I think things have normalized.
In my opinion only I think if you work different hours on different days and it isn't a set schedule then yes it can effect trying catch ovulation surges and temp spikes and things of that nature due to your bodies natural night/day rhythm being thrown out of sync.

Hello everyone,

I was searching on the web more information about Maca and found this thread. I just started taking maca today. I'm on the 5th day of my cicle, hope it will be fine! My DH has been taking clomid to improve this sperm motility, I was wondering if he could also take maca. Does anyone know if clomid and maca can be taken together?

Any help will be great!

I think that some of the people on here have been taking clomid along with the maca. There was a mention by Kelster that you can't take Vitex and Clomid together because they cancel each other out. But I don't think men take Vitex (not sure?) As far as what I have heard and read taking maca and clomid at the same time is OK.
I didn't realize that men could take Clomid...hmmm. My DH is going to have an SA done in July if we aren't preggers by then. He had a vasectomy reversal done in March so I don't even know if we have swimmers at all.:nope: Thanks for mentioning this because that gives me some other avenues if we have swimmer issues. I have my DH taking maca along with me as of today.

I think that some of the people on here have been taking clomid along with the maca. There was a mention by Kelster that you can't take Vitex and Clomid together because they cancel each other out. But I don't think men take Vitex (not sure?) As far as what I have heard and read taking maca and clomid at the same time is OK.
I didn't realize that men could take Clomid...hmmm. My DH is going to have an SA done in July if we aren't preggers by then. He had a vasectomy reversal done in March so I don't even know if we have swimmers at all.:nope:

Thanks for your reply! I didn't know about men taking clomid either. My DH was tested and we found out that has low count and motility. He is going to take clomid for 3 months and get tested again. I'm hoping we're gonna get preg. before that.

Let's hope for the best!

Good luck everyone! :kiss:

Maca is a root, so it's not an herbal supplement it is actually a food. It's therefore pretty harmless. Good luck :)

ok i went out and had to decide between vitex and macca, i nearly bought both :/ but i think vitex will more strongly push me towards being regular so i went with that, if i cant swallow the tablets (which i normally suck at) then ill get the macca powder :) fingers crossed it works for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->