Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

Nevertogether I don't know anything about fertilaid. I just take pregnacare vits, and extra folic acid... But if you think it might mess up your cycles maybe swap it for something else...

Linny I'm glad you're feeling so positive :D

I have been getting acupuncture and also taking the maca, and I also have been a lot happier, calmer, not such bad PMT. OH noticed it too. But I don't know if it was the maca or the Acu!!

x x x

hi ladies - just wanted to interject...I started taking maca about 6 days ago and I do feel better....it might just be in my head...though I must say...after the first night of taking it I started having VIVID sex dreams....hahahaha...that tapered off though. They werent bad dreams so dont worry but dont be surprised by it.

Linny - when are you due for af...have you tested. If anything I hope maca helps me with my af symptoms also. How many months have you been taking it?

Hi ladies! I'm officially on the Maca bandwagon as of yesterday. Woo hoo!! Call me crazy, but I feel less tired today than I have in a while, even after pulling 11hr workdays yesterday and today. I'm out for April, but am really hoping to catch the eggie next month. May will be our 3rd real month of TTC, because we always seem to miss our window for one reason or another. Fingers crossed that the third time will be the charm.

I also started soy last month (before I knew OH would be out of town during April O), and noticed a real difference in the darkness of the line on my OPK. I also had stronger O-cramps than I've had in a while, which was a relief because I was starting to fear that I was actually O-ing. I'll definitely be continuing with the soy and the Maca until I get my :bfp:

I will be starting Soy next cycle, if this ones a bust. what days did you take the soy and what amt? IF you don't mind me asking.

Thanks ;

BTW I do feel much more energized while taking the Maca, this is my first cycle both dh and I are taking it, it's amazing stuff!

Hi there momtoaz! So far, I'm really happy about my energy levels on the Maca. Let's hope it gives the ol' libido a jumpstart. :winkwink:

As far as the soy is concerned, I took it CD1-5. I was extremely pleased with my body's reaction to the soy, as I got a really strong positive OPK for the first time in months. Up until about 6mos ago I was able to feel my O, and had all the accompanying symptoms. I was anxious to start feeling those symptoms again.

I took a pretty low dosage, compared to some I've seen on these boards. I took 80mgs per day. I think for May, I'm going to stick with that dosage, but change the days I take it to CD2-6. I'm concerned about taking it any later than that because my cycles have shortened themselves to 26 days on average.

I hope it works as well for you as it seems to have for me. All we need now is an abundance of :bfp:s!

Hi ladies! I'm officially on the Maca bandwagon as of yesterday. Woo hoo!! Call me crazy, but I feel less tired today than I have in a while, even after pulling 11hr workdays yesterday and today. I'm out for April, but am really hoping to catch the eggie next month. May will be our 3rd real month of TTC, because we always seem to miss our window for one reason or another. Fingers crossed that the third time will be the charm.

I also started soy last month (before I knew OH would be out of town during April O), and noticed a real difference in the darkness of the line on my OPK. I also had stronger O-cramps than I've had in a while, which was a relief because I was starting to fear that I was actually O-ing. I'll definitely be continuing with the soy and the Maca until I get my :bfp:
Can i ask if the soy made u ovulate earlier? In tryin it nxt month in a hope it will bring my ovulation forward, thanks

Hi Linny! No, I was really pleased that the soy didn't change my O-date at all. I'm not sure if that's because I took it CD1-5, instead of 2-6 or 3-7. I used to be a regular 28-dayer, but over the last 6mos they've fluctuated between 26-28 days, so I didn't want to fiddle with my O-day (or LP) by taking it any later. I think for May I'll take it CD2-6 as it seems that the eggs are healthier if you start the soy on CD2 or CD3.

hey ladies! thanks for all the suggestions about fertilaid. i think i might stick with it through this cycle, at least until i O. if i O on time this cycle, then i don't think that fertilaid is posing a problem for me. because at that point, i would have been on it for about a month. i'm going to buy some folic acid to take in excess though, just incase.

TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY OF MACA! been waiting to say that forever. stupid iceland volcano making the shipping take forever, LOL :)

Anyone have any pre-natal vitamins they recommend incase FertilAid does pose a problem?

Kelster - I will see what my doc has to say if I get a chance. Since I'm active duty it's really hard sometimes just to get to a regular appointment, so not sure how all of it will float with my command, but we will see :)

SBB you're due on christmas :cloud9: well i hope i can conceive a nice new years baby to team up with yours :haha:

hi ladies - just wanted to interject...I started taking maca about 6 days ago and I do feel better....it might just be in my head...though I must say...after the first night of taking it I started having VIVID sex dreams....hahahaha...that tapered off though. They werent bad dreams so dont worry but dont be surprised by it.

Linny - when are you due for af...have you tested. If anything I hope maca helps me with my af symptoms also. How many months have you been taking it?
Hello! Well im pretty irregular and have an annoyingly short lp of around 9 days recently. Im 7/8 dpo but havin my usual spottin so i guess af is jus round the corner. If im lucky enoughi for her not to show soon i'l prob test early nxt wk tho im almost poss she'l b here! Its almost a month of takin it so not long but pms hasn't hit me or like kelster said no sore boobies so i'm happy with that! X x

Morning lovely ladies :wave:

nevertogther--AHHHHHHHH I didn't relize YOU are also active duty!!! well I need to say- A BIG THANK YOU.... truly thank you- with hubby being prior military I get it :hugs:

and WELCOME TO THE MACA TRAIN... wooooooooooooo woooooooooooo have fun LOL

Soy was my next step but didn't get the chance

I was just very happy to try these herbs BEFORE any medical prescription... OBGYN just wanted to shove BC down my throat and I said NO.........

THROW STICKY BABY :dust: round at everyone this morning.....

have a great day or what's left of it... it's only 6:35am here so it's JUST starting :lol:

Morning lovely ladies :wave:

nevertogther--AHHHHHHHH I didn't relize YOU are also active duty!!! well I need to say- A BIG THANK YOU.... truly thank you- with hubby being prior military I get it :hugs:

and WELCOME TO THE MACA TRAIN... wooooooooooooo woooooooooooo have fun LOL

Soy was my next step but didn't get the chance

I was just very happy to try these herbs BEFORE any medical prescription... OBGYN just wanted to shove BC down my throat and I said NO.........

THROW STICKY BABY :dust: round at everyone this morning.....

have a great day or what's left of it... it's only 6:35am here so it's JUST starting :lol:

hey kelster!

thank you so much :) yes, i'm active duty and my husband is national guard but he is acting on active orders right now for deployment. definitely no walk in the park, i'm sure you know what i mean :)

i'm hoping we can conceive this one shot in june because it will be right around DH and i's birthday in march! eek

i agree with kelster.. babydust to ALL!!! :) :)

Hi all my maca ladies,

never - I must say I agree with kelster on her post....thank you for the service!!!! Let me know if you have any dreams on the maca...or if you feel anything else.

kelster - how are you feeling today..anything new to report?

Linny - I hope af doesnt get you! fx for you hun!

ttcbaby - wow, i really wanted to thank you all for being so kind about it. it really doesn't feel as big of a deal to us and it does to everyone else. just going to work and fixing helicopters..pretty sweet deal if you ask me :) funny, i had a weird dream last night, but didn't start maca until this morning. nothing really new to report for my first day of maca other than i don't feel as drained coming home today. not sure if that's because we didn't have much work or the maca. we will see :) but i'm very excited to jump on the maca wagon!

FX'ed for all you ladies waiting on a :bfp:

don't know if it was the RRL tea or the maca but i have nightmares almost every night! i don't mind them, they're like watching a scary movie which i love, but i almost never had nightmares before starting my supplements and maca and RRL tea i started before the femaprin and red clover, so i know one of the two of them is the culprit!

Nevertogether- it IS a big deal.... :)

TTCbaby117- feeling okey dokey.. besides the sore (.)(.), heartburn, tired, and REALLY starting to feel fat just OKEY DOKEY.. thanks for asking

mamaxm-- oh how horrible-- I always wake up to bad dreams with my heart beating terribly!!!! and then I can't back to sleep... I ALWAYS dream about my hubby cheating on me... BLECK.. LOL LOL LOL

ok so where is everyone on their cycle???? it looks like we have some w/ DPO and a few getting to that point... so EXCITED

APPARANTLY i'm 3dpo.. but i seriously doubt it. i think i either o'd yesterday or i'm gearing up to o cd18 cause i've had EWCM yesterday and today and it wont go to waste! haha i'm going to keep bd'ing till cd18.

Lol kell I always dream about OH cheating on me too! Then in the morning I'm always in a massive strop with him! :haha:

X x x

i used to have dreams like that too! drove me nuts. i would wake up mad at dh and the poor guy never knew what hit him, haha..

i am on cd9, not that it really matters considering i can't :sex: this cycle, haha. but i'm still charting and keeping track with my body just like dh is here. since i o'ed on cd16 last cycle i'm thinking about starting my opk's cd13 to see if it's about the same time. just wanna be ready when dh is finally here! :)

Mamaxm looks like you've got your bases covered :rofl: SWEEEETTTT

SBB and Never- it's it HORRIBLE to dream like that.... I wake up just wanting to beat the crap outta him... LOL

Never- just keep doing it this way you will KNOW your body by the time :)

mine was just home for lunch but had to split quickly, one of his guys pulled someone over close to our house and needed back up... oh well- short lunch :(

oh i'm a ttc warrior this cycle, i'm catching that damn egg! i wont have any regrets if the witch shows.

:dance: :dance: :dance: ok, i'm trying not to get too excited, but i am! i just got off the phone with dh and i'm super stoked! he is being sent advanced party (explained: each unit sends a small group of soldiers to set up for the bigger group of soldiers to come later) which means he will get to my country sooner than before. june 1. woo hoo! but that's not the big news. i mean, it's cool and all, but i'm done ovulating then so you know me. :shrug: at the end of their training in may they are sending everyone in the unit on a four day from indiana (where he is now) to go back home and see family. they might approve dh to come and spend his four day here with me! if they do, he will more than likely come the very beginning of my fertile window and will have to leave the end of my fertile window. :yipee: i didn't say one thing about me being fertile and when he finished telling me he might come then he said, isn't that when you will be ovulating then? that's perfect! how cute is that? i thought it was so adorable he remembered! considering we're never together. what, he listens!? :rofl: so, this being said, if this is the case...i will have both may AND june to try for :baby: i'm so excited. i know this is long but i couldn't contain myself! plus that will mean i see him next month, and boy do i miss him! nothing is confirmed, ya know, because that's the army..so trying not to get my hopes up too much...but ahhh :)

:dust: and :bfp:'s to all you wonderful women!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->