Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

Hello ladies, i started taking maca yesterday. Am i right in thinking that me and DH should take them ? I took 3 yesterday, but when i looked back over the threads i noticed one said not to take them to late in the afternoon as they can keep you up. How do you ladies space them out ? can you take 2 together ? Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend :hugs: xxx

Oh i nearly forgot. How long can i expect to wait for the maca to take effect and give me some of those lovely side effects some of you have mentioned lol :happydance: xx

welcome sparkle. i take four capsules in the morning tho u can take up to six an some take a couple in the mornin an a couple at lunchtime. I take them all together. Yep oh should take them too as there good for his spermies an sex drive wahoo. I started mine at beg of april an i would say after about 3wks i was feelin more energetic, plus has no pms, didn't feel moody or sad an emotional jus felt generally positive! Good luck with it hun x x

hi lovelies i am thinking about taking maca next cycle, can someone tell me about it please, how much to take, what it does, am i right in thinking dh needs to take it too??

thankyou hunies xxx

morning ladies - I take my maca in the morning all at once. I take 2-3 pills at the same time. I have been feeling good, though I must say I am having my usual ovulation cramping. I think I should O in about 2 days.

schnoodle - I would read the instructions on the label that you buy, but I took mine 4-caps (2400mgs) per day for the first week and then 2-3 (1200 - 1800mgs) per day after that.

nothing new here just waiting to O!!!!

kelster - You dont have to answer, but if you stalking...just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery!!!

hey ladies :wave:

doing ok today- just to top the fabulous weekend we had the frigin fridge went POOT on us... so off to buy a new fridge....:growlmad:

still bleeding but not as heavy and no more cramps THANK GOD

kelster - You dont have to answer, but if you stalking...just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery!!!

Thanks sweetie..... :hugs:

more blood work today and I am sitting here on pins and needles waiting for my results from Friday.....

I just wanna know HOW FAR ALONG I WAS........... especially since they saw NOTHING

anyhoo everyone have a FAB DAY.. enjoy and I'll check back in later

SQUISHES ALL THE WAY AROUND

Hey ladies :wave:

Hope everyone is ok!

Sorry about your fridge kell... That's just what you need I'm sure... :hugs:

all ok with me, no updates! Will be chart stalking you all later when I'm on proper computer!

X x x

i take 4, twice a day. i take the first two at about 0900 everyday and the last two are kind of thrown about. if i'm not working, and i remember, usually 2 or 3, but if i forget..it's like 5 or 6. i work 12-13 hour days so no matter the energy of maca. it's never hard for me to go to sleep :) i have noticed an energy boost though!

hey ladies :wave:

doing ok today- just to top the fabulous weekend we had the frigin fridge went POOT on us... so off to buy a new fridge....:growlmad:

still bleeding but not as heavy and no more cramps THANK GOD

Thanks sweetie..... :hugs:

more blood work today and I am sitting here on pins and needles waiting for my results from Friday.....

I just wanna know HOW FAR ALONG I WAS........... especially since they saw NOTHING

anyhoo everyone have a FAB DAY.. enjoy and I'll check back in later

SQUISHES ALL THE WAY AROUND

Hey Kel.......hope you get answers hun, and are hanging in there. Sorry to hear about the bloomin fridge, big hugs :hugs:

Hey ladies :wave:

Hope everyone is ok!

Sorry about your fridge kell... That's just what you need I'm sure... :hugs:

all ok with me, no updates! Will be chart stalking you all later when I'm on proper computer!

X x x

Hows the spotting hun? Ive been spotting loads this month, more than usual and when AF finally came on saturday it stopped again on sunday!! My temps were still up so i started to hope.......then took a FRER yest evening but a BFN Booo!!! Wish my body was normal!!

My Spotting seems to have stopped for a couple of days :happydance: so fingers crossed...

How many dpo are you now linny? That's odd you had 1 day AF, was it heavy? Do you have a chart?

X x x

i hate when dh and i fight when we are so far away :cry: he says he feels so much pressure for conceiving in june, and he feels the reason we haven't so far is because of him and that he is disappointing me. i don't even know what to do. i want this so bad, and i know he does too, but i don't want to put our week together, probably our last together for 6 or 7 months under so much pressure. i'm so sad. :(

aw well just keep it romantic! buy lots of candles and oils and cook and stuff. that way the two of you can focus on eachother and the romance.

never - I understand that totally! I actually fibbed to my dh this month and told him that I already ovulated so we could just have fun doing it this wekend. It is a fib b/c I havent ovulated yet, I think i will o in about 2 days or so. I figured taking the pressure off of him would help. I think it did b/c we did have fun bding this weekend. I think he mustve thought it weird when i wouldnt get out of bed after bding and I wouldnt go on top.....but he didnt say anything to me :) Hopefully i will get my bfp this month and tell him the truth then cuz I do feel guilty and I hate to lie to him.

i hate when dh and i fight when we are so far away :cry: he says he feels so much pressure for conceiving in june, and he feels the reason we haven't so far is because of him and that he is disappointing me. i don't even know what to do. i want this so bad, and i know he does too, but i don't want to put our week together, probably our last together for 6 or 7 months under so much pressure. i'm so sad. :(

Ah Hun :hugs:

This is a difficult one and a lot of us have been there at some point. I think the problem is that you phone him all excited because he might be home in your fertile period, and (not your fault) the pressure builds up - he has to make a baby when he's home, you have to have sex, and not just because you want to, but because it's to make a baby. He know how much you want it, and he does too but feels like there's so much pressure on him just at one time.

My OH was the same, and we didn't have such a short time frame either. It got to the point where he couldn't 'perform' if he knew I was ovulating.

So, I kept my excitement to here... And didn't tell him when I was ovulating at all. He just thought we were having sex because I wanted to :D

It really got to me and if he didn't want to do it one night and it was at the key time I'd be absolutely gutted, and a bit pissed off with him...

SO... My advice would be:
Keep your ovulation quiet, baby making isn't as romantic as just making love because you want to. We will be excited for you when you OV!!
When you speak to him, just be excited about him coming home (as obviously you are anyway!) and don't make it all about the fact you will get a chance to ttc...
If you do want to talk to him about it, perhaps just suggest you do it every other day. That will make sure you are definitely covered.

I know it should be something you share and you should both be equally excited, but in reality that isn't how it works, and it works out for the best if there's not too much pressure on him.

We will listen if you want to slag him off!!!

Sorry for the MASSIVE post it's just I've had this problem so wanted to help :hugs:

x x x x

never - I understand that totally! I actually fibbed to my dh this month and told him that I already ovulated so we could just have fun doing it this wekend. It is a fib b/c I havent ovulated yet, I think i will o in about 2 days or so. I figured taking the pressure off of him would help. I think it did b/c we did have fun bding this weekend. I think he mustve thought it weird when i wouldnt get out of bed after bding and I wouldnt go on top.....but he didnt say anything to me :) Hopefully i will get my bfp this month and tell him the truth then cuz I do feel guilty and I hate to lie to him.

He he I got OH in to bed loads this time and he kept saying 'are you ovulating or something?' and I kept saying no... He asked loads of times, in the end I said 'Look I'll poas and prove it if I have to!' :rofl: I told him after he didn't mind, he knew why I did it :D

x x x

My Spotting seems to have stopped for a couple of days :happydance: so fingers crossed...

How many dpo are you now linny? That's odd you had 1 day AF, was it heavy? Do you have a chart?

X x x

Glad to hear its cleared up WAHOO! Well i was 9dpo (I have short LP) when I thought i got AF, it was normal in the morning then tapered off throughout the day which can be normal for me (I'm usually heavier in the morning - afternoon anyways) Then the next day is was light spotting, then today back to heavier again. Since coming off BCP, my period is pretty light generally, prob just a strange one so i'm counting myself as CD3.

Only thing thats strange is my temps, i haven't got a link to chart cos i'm a bit rubbish but my coverline this month was aroung 36.35 (i think) and my temps are still up at 36.72 and thats higher than when i ovulated!! Maybe i'm getting sick.......LOL!! Thanks I'l try work out how to link my chartfrom now on!

Oh hun it must be sooo hard for you. TTC is so damn hard without the added pressure of hardly seeing each other and having to make the most of the time you are together to make a baby! The good thing is that you'l be so desperate to see each other you won't be able to keep your hands off each other anyway. Like the other girls say, don't let him in on when your most fertile so there's no added pressure :hugs:

X x x

Glad to hear its cleared up WAHOO! Well i was 9dpo (I have short LP) when I thought i got AF, it was normal in the morning then tapered off throughout the day which can be normal for me (I'm usually heavier in the morning - afternoon anyways) Then the next day is was light spotting, then today back to heavier again. Since coming off BCP, my period is pretty light generally, prob just a strange one so i'm counting myself as CD3.

Only thing thats strange is my temps, i haven't got a link to chart cos i'm a bit rubbish but my coverline this month was aroung 36.35 (i think) and my temps are still up at 36.72 and thats higher than when i ovulated!! Maybe i'm getting sick.......LOL!! Thanks I'l try work out how to link my chartfrom now on!

How strange... Sometimes temps stay up for AF but normally they drop, and if they stay high it's not usually that high :shrug:

Post a link and I'll have a look :D
(just go onto FF, click home page setup and copy & paste the link in the box)

x x x

ok so here are my results... Beta levels 98- so I am pregnant or should say was and STILL VERY EARLY ON so I truly wasn't 7 weeks and howver many days old... no wonder they couldn't see anything on the ultrasound.. still bleeding however, my progestrone levels- normal is between 8 and 12.. the doctors says wants to see 12 but anything between 8 and 12 is fine.. I am at a 1... so with my progestrone levels at that amount I will not have a viable pregnancy so he prescribed me hormone replacement progestrone
okey dokey off to clean the fridge out.. gotta a new one coming tomorrow

Nite nite gals

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"