Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

kel thats a very cool chart, i guess it really goes to show ff is only good for showing you when you Ov but that the temps in the tww can mean anything :dohh:

kel awesome snow pics :thumbup: that snow is soo coool :D

ttc and tnt im loving your temps atm too :thumbup:

NY, I'm glad you asked that...another one of my ttc buddies had an early MC on her first cycle of Maca. Thoughts, anyone? Cute pic, btw!

I think we should lay this concern to bed, I feel MACA is such a wonderful herb and it would be sad to have a fear in taking it:flower:

How does MACA work, it works on balancing our hormones for both men and women (Maca helps to stimulate and nourish the pituitary gland, acting as a tonic for the hormone system. When the pituitary gland functions optimally, the entire endocrine system becomes balanced, because the pituitary gland controls the hormone output of the other three glands.

In women maca works by controlling estrogen in the body. Estrogen levels that are high or low at the wrong time can keep a woman from becoming pregnant or keep her from carrying to term. Excess estrogen levels also cause progesterone levels to become too low. Taking maca may help to increase the progesterone levels which are essential to carrying a healthy pregnancy.

Progesterone

Low progesterone during pregnancy may be a leading cause of recurrent miscarriages. Progesterone is responsible for creating a healthy environment in the womb by creating and maintaining a healthy uterine lining. It also may reduce the chances of blood clots and immune system responses to the fetus as a foreign substance. It is the pregnancy hormone.)

If your hormones are balanced and that was the problem in preventing pregnancy then MACA will help solve that problem, Personally I believe that's what it did for me any way. nearly two year TCC adding in the months we were ntnp and I got no were, then 3 months on MACA and here I am. :flower:

Most miscarriages are meant to happen due to issues with the fetus. this is not the mums fault its I guess natures way of making sure we have a healthy baby :cry: no consolation when we lose our hearts desire though. but an important point in wondering if MACA is causing MC when if it promotes healthy hormone function makes no sense, its a natural herb grown and eaten by the Indians and its worth remembering they eat it all the time even through out pregnancy. so we are prob being over careful stopping it after OV.

I took it through out my first two cycles and only because I double my dose in my third I stopped when I got confirmed OV mainly because some one posted about it making you cranky and I was very cranky and didnt want to be worse LOL turns out the reason I was so snappy was pregnancy though .

I do think it would take longer than a month to get the full benefits of MACA it works but not that quick we see some benefits fairly quickly but it would take as with all herbs up to 3 months in your system to work fully.

From the articles Ive been reading this morning I think we have to take it for two full cycles at least. may be stopping at OV we are delaying that BFP :shrug:

Ok that's it from me, enough of my ramblings, hope it helps reassure any of us feeling worried. we have enough worry floating around our heads than to add to it huge :hugs: to every one.
PS :kiss: floaty kisses to all our little angels looking down on us

Totally agree Celtic, I wasn't even taking maca in the month or 2 before my BFP. I actually stopped it because my cycles had really shortened so definitely not the reason for my mmc. I'm more concerned about the fact the baby stopped growing within a day or two of having my swine flu jab. BUT I will not dwell over that either...I would prefer to be alive and healthy rather than getting flu and something awful happening.

I will still be looking in girls and seeing how you are all getting on. Thank you again for your kind words. I will let you know if and when i'm brave enough to try again...in the meantime I will enjoy just being me, my OH, family and of course my dogs which make me smile everyday!!

Totally agree Celtic, I wasn't even taking maca in the month or 2 before my BFP. I actually stopped it because my cycles had really shortened so definitely not the reason for my mmc. I'm more concerned about the fact the baby stopped growing within a day or two of having my swine flu jab. BUT I will not dwell over that either...I would prefer to be alive and healthy rather than getting flu and something awful happening.

I will still be looking in girls and seeing how you are all getting on. Thank you again for your kind words. I will let you know if and when i'm brave enough to try again...in the meantime I will enjoy just being me, my OH, family and of course my dogs which make me smile everyday!!

Oh hun dont think about it :hugs: what ever happened its nothing you done, hope your back soon and feeling better as well :hugs:

Morning all...

wel DIGGING ourselves out at 5:30am was FUN...............NOT

another 17 inches of snow.. WTF????????????

Yazzy so glad to see you post.. you know how I feel and it can only get better for you sweetei.. but I will ALWAYS be here to listen :hugs:

Hey Celtic how are you and how is your DD feeling?

:hi: to all the other ladies

AFM--- nuttin going on- on my end.. NO SYMPTOMS and my temps SUX..........they just won't go UP..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poot

ok ok I need to get to work- even though we have a delayed opening the UNPERKS of working from home

check back later to see my temps for some of you ladies :)

Hi Kel she is doing good no coughing last nigh :happydance: she had her blood test this morning and she was so upset poor thing but she told me a while ago Im all better now. then I found her raiding the sugar bowl:dohh: I will know the results in a week.

Not good on digging your self out again! think we have some cold weather on the way, hey that prob why your temp is not as high as you like, mine wasnt what I call high the month I got my BFP :hugs:

Thanks Celtic, yes you are right I am not going to dwell on it and think anything I did made it happen. It was just one of those things which cannot be helped. Thank you :)

Thanks Kel, you have really helped me yesterday and today.

Speak soon ladies xxx

Kel Oh I see it now! I think you are looking good for a bfp! I cant wait till you test tomorrow. Geez those pics are amazing....unbelieveable to me...as I didnt grow up in snow.

KiKi - so good you have some support to help you through this and congrats on becoming a godmother!

TnT - Tingly nips are a great sign!

Celtic - thanks for the post...you are right!

Dandy - thanks for the stalking but my temp this morning it telling me that I will probably have af v. soon.

Yazzy - good to see you hun!

afm - in the gutter today....I cant beleive my temp tanked so badly....I might have messed it up...I explain it in my journal if you want to take a look but still I really thought it would have shot up today or stayed high if I was pg.

Celtic- Thank you for that lovely information. :hugs: Im wondering if I do have prog problem because endo is primarily estrogen based and produce almost too much estrogen and sometimes can lack in prog. Hmmm....if I get a BFP then I might go into dr right away. Glad your DD did well with her test. Im so glad she is feeling a little better. Poor girl. How have you been feeling?

Yazzy- Glad to see a post from you! I agree with Celtic...dont worry about the flu jab in such. But I know how your feeling...trying to figure out why you had this loss and what you did wrong or didn't do wrong. I wracked my brained for a couple months trying to figure out what caused it and finally just realized it was all outta my hands. I know right now it still hurts ALOT. But your doing everything right and being with OH and family and doggies! Thinking of you hun! :hugs:

Kel- Guh.... 17 FLIPPIN INCHES??? Ewwww looks like you got the storm we got but WAAAAY worse. Good thing you do work from home though so you dont have to drive in all that mess. Your temps are kinda crazy...but remember you SIL's chart. That looked like a DEF out and yours looks better...actually kinda steady. And you got a BFP once with no symptoms...so give up hope yet dear! I still have loads of PMA for you!!!

AJ- I did a morphing thing once and looked so weird and oddly looked like my dad. :rofl:

AFM- Temp went up just a tinsy bit. Had to take it twice to make sure it was legit though. I hate how I second guess everything. :haha: Bout to get ready for work now...so will check in soon. Have a lovely day/night ladies.

Thanks Kel, you have really helped me yesterday and today
:hugs:

Celtic glad your daughther is better- glad to hear that

TTC- ::: sighs ::: that is all I can say :hugs:

TnT- looks like a triphasic chart to me if you ask.... yeah we got gobsmacked over night I couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up this AM.. I took photos I will post some later

sorry I just KNOW I am not PG----- and I will have to wait again for another frigin 10 months... if ever--- sorry for the rant but I am just sick of this crap

Kel I dont think it will be another 10 months...your body is now getting back to normal after the mc...so IF this month is not it for you then I would say that you will ov sooner next cycle.

Kel- I had to look up what triphasic chart was. :dohh: I read the 12% of women with that chart end up in preg and 5% of women end up not preg. So I think you have a higher chance. But you do know your body better than any of us. So my fingers are still crossed VERY tightly. And if it is BFN then I highly doubt it will be another 10 months before you OV. You are finally clearing your body out. Remember Nevers last cycle from her stopping alot of her vits? Maybe your body is doing the same thing.

TnT I an saying YOUR chart looks that way--- definitely NOT MINE :rofl:

nahh I really think it was because I was taking progesterone cream and it triggered something....... I am not going to constantly take this stuff.........

TnT i could stare at your chart all day, its so purty! :D

Kel, you know your body but i say lets wait till the witch shows up before we count you out, your chart isn't all that much different from the March one, that chart had some serious dips too and i dont see a lot of symptoms for March so it could still happen i think :hugs:

AFM, i think i might be in the tww but i have to wait for a couple more temps to confirm it. I know i ovulated on the left side yesterday afternoon tho, i could feel it.

Hi everyone :hi: - a quick check-in from me as I'm going out soon with a buddy to see Grease the musical!! I know it's very cheesy but I think it's just what I need to cheer me up a bit! It's my friend's birthday and I'm taking her as a birthday treat (aren't the best kind of treats the ones we get to share with our buddies?!)

Kel - that snow is craaaazzy!! Cute pic of your hubby clearing a path for the dogs!! I don't know much about temping but I think you shouldn't assume you're out by just your temps because everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. Fingers crossed for you, hon :hugs:

Yazzy - I think it's understandable that you're questioning the impact of the flu jab, because I think when these sad things happen sometimes we want to be able to understand them better or find a reason - but like Celtic and TNT say we don't normally know why it happens and we sadly can't do anything about it. I know when I had my mc I kept thinking about the fact that I'd had 2 nights in the 2WW where I'd had a few drinks and kept thinking that this was why I had the mc. I know from reading lots of stuff since the mc that normally it's not anything we did or didn't do but just unfortunately due to something not being quite right. Big hugs for you :hugs::hugs:

AJ - welcome to the 2WW - let's hope this is your lucky one! Let's hope that CM you had earlier in the month was a really good sign for you that this is a particularly fertile month for you!! :hugs:

Kiki - sorry to hear your HCG is only coming down slowly, maybe this is a sign that when you get preg next time that your body is good at making lots of HCG and when you most need it next you will have a plentiful supply!! Great that you've got your friend's baby for encouragement and inspiration :hugs:

Celtic, thanks for all the info about maca, this is really helpful. Glad your DD is feeling better :hugs::hugs:

Hi to everyone else, sure I was going to say other stuff but difficult to hold it all in my head!!!

I went for my blood tests today and they said that if I don't get my HSG test done this month or next month then they will re-schedule my follow-up appointment till later on. This is not the answer I wanted!!! :growlmad::growlmad:

Gotta dash now, time to go out for some noodles and then to see Grease!!! xx

Oh Kel- im so sorry:( I hope, hope, HOPE you dont have to wait so long....try to keep the thought that you will ovulate next month too. Its all you can do right now....I have not ovulated the last 2 cycles either and its heart wrenching...I did up until then. So im thinking its my Vit B or EPO...i mean, it has to be something!

Celtic- thank you so much. I must be emotional, but your post with all that info brought a tear to my eyes because it's so thoughtful of you to research and find all this information for us NUTTY's who are just being paranoid. I am confident now in taking the maca when it arrives...well, actually, should I wait until AF comes now? I know you all stop after ovulation....but could I begin it if I dont think I ovulated this month?

Funny that ya'll are gettiung so much snow! Hahahhahaa. SOrry, Minnesotans like to share their misery;) We were - 20 de3grees and still schools started on time and we all did our normal thing! My whole deck and grill have been buried since december and we never ever ever have snow days! How we are all so "MN nice" is beyond me! Guess no one visits us in winter- cuz I bet we are not so mn nice then.

Rosa thanks for the comment about my pic. Its in Miami- we go every June for a spinning conference and im missing the heat and sun right about now!

Tnt- I dont do charts yet, mainly because im slow. Lol. But if its looking good, im soooo excited for your BFP!

I will be charting soon and lemme tell you somethin- I will need so much help. I dont even know how to begin. Think i'll stick to the oral for now, im sure i'd have a mishap or fall asleep with it in my Vjay jay or something!

AJ- before the last 2 cycles, i knew which side I o'd on too....thats a wonderful feeling and i miss it. Hope the 2WW goes quick for you!

Kiki- I know how long it can all take. My last MC, I went at 9 weeks and it stopped at just 6.5..... so i figured i'd do the natural route because not so large. Well, it took3 weeks to even start the MC, then another few weeks for the whole thing and I passed out 2 different days and it was so bad:( My heart feels for you and I can just tell you, it gets normal, soon it will seem like forever ago. Hugs.

TnT I an saying YOUR chart looks that way--- definitely NOT MINE :rofl:

nahh I really think it was because I was taking progesterone cream and it triggered something....... I am not going to constantly take this stuff.........

OKAY so after reading many many pages of the triphasic charts and what they mean...I feel like a darn IDIOT!!! :rofl: I feel so stupid for saying that to you. :dohh::kiss: Sowwie doll. Now I gotta look at my chart and see what your seeing. :haha:

Hi everyone :hi: - a quick check-in from me as I'm going out soon with a buddy to see Grease the musical!!

I would absolutely ADORE going to that musical. Im so jealous! :haha: Ive always wanted to go to a musical and hear some live choral singers. I used to be in two diff choirs and just LOVE choir type music. Give me goosebumps! Enjoy your day and you DEF deserve it girl! :hugs::kiss:

AJ- HELLO 2ww girl!! FX for you my dear. I so want this for you!!!! please please!!!

NY- Your MC experience sounds horrifying. I dont see why we have to go through things like that. But not much we can do in the end unfortunately. But if I ever go through another one (praying i dont) I am going to just get a D&C right away. I will not mentally go through seeing all that ever again. So heres to a new year and a more hopeful one! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->