Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

Kel- Heya girly! How are you doing doll? Hope you are okay!

Rosa- Your temps are looking pretty nice. I hope they keep rising! FX girl!!! When are you testing?

Char- Sorry about the house hunting! That really stinks. I hope it turns around for you!

Question for the Maca experts (it may prove to be a stupid question, but here goes): if Maca balances your hormones, do the hormones stay balanced after you stop Maca, or do they go back to the way they were? (Like I said, no laughing at my dumb question!) :haha:

I would think they would go back to the way they were. But I have never looked that up before. But im thinking its like any meds that if you dont take them then they dont work.

Thanks, Tnt. I'm asking because if my progesterone really IS low, and Maca really IS helping it...and if I stop Maca when I get my bfp, will my progesterone fall again?? I know I'm over-worrying, but that's what I do!! :haha:

When am I testing? I told my dh that I would not test before Friday. And since he can hear me unwrap the hpts in the bathroom (blast it!), he'll know if I "cheat." :haha: So, if my temp is still high on Friday, I'll test. It'll be 14 dpo. I leave for Illinois that morning to visit my new nephew :wohoo: and I doubt I have the opportunity to test that weekend. Soooo...bfp on Friday or wait around for AF.

Quiet in here tonight...

Thanks, Tnt. I'm asking because if my progesterone really IS low, and Maca really IS helping it...and if I stop Maca when I get my bfp, will my progesterone fall again?? I know I'm over-worrying, but that's what I do!! :haha:

When am I testing? I told my dh that I would not test before Friday. And since he can hear me unwrap the hpts in the bathroom (blast it!), he'll know if I "cheat." :haha: So, if my temp is still high on Friday, I'll test. It'll be 14 dpo. I leave for Illinois that morning to visit my new nephew :wohoo: and I doubt I have the opportunity to test that weekend. Soooo...bfp on Friday or wait around for AF.

Quiet in here tonight...

Well if your prog is low and you already know that then you should get some prog suppositories or the prog cream (all natural) and start using that then. Have you recently got your prog levels tested? I remember I started freaken out about prog levels and went and got the cream from my local herb store. So if your anything like me and worry entirely too much then maybe you should look some stuff up.... as if we dont do enough of that already!:haha:

Well bummer to the waiting on testing. So no POAS then? :haha: So Friday it is then!

Thanks, Tnt. I do put on cream, and have since October (my sil suggested it). However, I had my bloods taken last cycle, at 7 dpo and my levels were too low for being that late in the cycle. It didn't show up on my doc's radar, because she's not an ob-gyn, and my levels were in the range of normal, but when the ranges are from 4-21, and mine was 8...that's not great. Especially so late in the LP. I have been putting more cream on, but I'm definitely bringing it up as a main topic of discussion on the 23rd when I see my new ob-gyn. Suppositories may be what I start, who knows. Clomid also helps, but I'd rather not do that, since it "dries you up." Who knows. I'll keep you updated!

Thanks, Tnt. I do put on cream, and have since October (my sil suggested it). However, I had my bloods taken last cycle, at 7 dpo and my levels were too low for being that late in the cycle. It didn't show up on my doc's radar, because she's not an ob-gyn, and my levels were in the range of normal, but when the ranges are from 4-21, and mine was 8...that's not great. Especially so late in the LP. I have been putting more cream on, but I'm definitely bringing it up as a main topic of discussion on the 23rd when I see my new ob-gyn. Suppositories may be what I start, who knows. Clomid also helps, but I'd rather not do that, since it "dries you up." Who knows. I'll keep you updated!

Oh I see. Well thats good your using something. Clomid does help with that but I dont think it really dries you up. It never really did with me. But I also used pre-seed. 8 is pretty low though. Mine was 56 when I got mine tested...which I was 10DPO I think.

Hi everyone - good to see Kel dropping by!

I'm just dropping by too because I'm going out to the cinema this afternoon to see Black Swan - have heard some good reviews so am looking forward to it!

Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

hey ladies -

Rosa - I would think your hormones do go back to normal...but I would also think that you will need some additional prog. the maca wont solve that problem.

Leeze - I saw the black swan and it was ok....I thought it to be kinda weird to be honest and I couldnt figure out what was real and not real....crazy! Let me know what you think.

Hi TnT!!!!

Thanks, ladies. Yes 8 is low. :cry: Especially for 7 dpo. It's going to be my first topic of discussion when I see my doc in 10 days. Tnt, good to know that Clomid doesn't always dry you up! I also use pre-seed, so maybe that'll do the trick. :shrug:

i hope everyone is having a good weekend. sorry i have been MIA, i've been trying to not get to caught up in the idea of TTC since we can not try again until the end of april. if i do get to caught up, i spend months dwelling on it and then if we aren't successful i am extremely let down.

i wanted to ask a question to see if some of ya'll might know..

is it pointless to take supplements on the cycle of my HSG? just curious or would the HSG just clear out the supplements and defeat the purpose?

do you know if low iron can affect fertility a lot? i don't know for sure that i have low iron but i do know that i can rarely donate blood because of my low hemoglobin, i bruise very easily, and have a lot of other symptoms such as short attention span, hard to concentrate, fatigue, canker sores, etc.

rosa - i have my fingers crossed for you honey

ttc - hoping you have a great getaway and catch that eggy! valentine's day conception please! :dust:

sbb/linny/sparkle - how are the sweet little ones doing?

celtic - anxious yet :) hehe, i sure i am!!! go 10 march baby!!

TNT - i can't wait for a scan. i'm over the moon for you honey!!!!

AJ - sorry to see she showed :cry:

:wave: Kel, NY, Leeze, Dandy, and whomever else i forgot.

welcome new maca friends!!

Never - nice to see you here - I think it's good to still take supplements because I've read that it takes about 3 months for our whole "fertility cycle" from start to finish - and it's still about giving your body the best preparation for that BFP - so it's still good to be as healthy as possible in the 3-6 months before getting pregnant. I don't know anything about low iron but eating lots of green veg is meant to be good for fertility and would also have lots of iron in - spinach, rocket, brocolli etc - I'd personally go for the option of getting it in food rather than supplements.

TTC - I enjoyed Black Swan but I know what you mean about it being confusing! I think Natalie Portman was great and on the whole the main roles were really well cast - and I hadn't realised it had a slight horror/thriller element to it so was a bit surprised by that!!

:hugs: and :dust: to everyone!

i <3 broccoli! good to hear it contains iron. thanks for all of the info leeze. i just wasn't sure if the HSG would clear my system out though and make taking the supplements before the HSG pointless.

Never- Im wondering if you should just do a clean slate until after the HSG. I am not sure about if the pills would be cleaned out or not. But im wondering if you just not take anything for now and see what your body does until next AF. Maybe your body could use a good cleaning out from the HSG and no supplements. As for the iron...I have always had pretty low iron and know that it does affect fertility because your blood is super thin and supposedly makes the lining thin as well. I remember my surgery dr telling me to get iron tablets cause my blood wasn't clotting right from lack of iron. So maybe an OTC iron tablet might help...specially after HSG. But maybe ask your FS.

Leeze- I wanna see that movie as well! I heard there are some "interesting" scenes in it. Kinda looks like a psycho movie but its won so many awards that im surprised I haven't seen it yet.

TTC- Enjoy your romantic getaway hun! You two deserve it! And catch that eggy while your there too! :happydance::kiss:

Rosa- Ya you should be fine if your using both. I have severe endo and have too much estrogen so prog is usually a problem for me...so the cream is helping!

Hi, Never! :hi: I understand about not wanting to get too caught up in ttc, especially if you have to wait. :hugs: I'm not sure about taking supplements. What specifically are you thinking of continuing? I would ask my doc if I were you, but it seems like you could continue them, since most take a while to really work. But I don't know. :shrug:

I think we might go see that new Jennifer Aniston/ Adam Sandler movie. Did anyone see it last night?

thanks for the advice girls :hugs: right now i'm just going to take the iron and the vitamin c. other than that i am going to start my maca next cycle, and also EPO. that's all i can think of right now that i'm planning to take. i have been off of supplements for a few months now.

let us know how that movie is rosa!! i love jennifer aniston, so i want to see it too.

never - The HSG will only clear out your tubes.....what are you taking???? If it is just prenatals I would continue to take those.

Thanks ladies, we postponed the trip till tomorrow cuz it is rainy here and would not have been such a great boat ride....so we are staying out there till Tuesday now. I cant wait!

right now just iron and vitamin c TTC. have a great getaway!!!

i just decided to sponsor two dogs. i'm an animal lover and pro animal rescue. i have a boxer myself and love the breed. aren't they dolls?

LINCOLN https://www.boxarrescue.rescuegroups.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=3198138
TYSON https://www.boxarrescue.rescuegroups.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=3108292

that's a lovely idea Never and what gorgeous dogs!! :hugs:

TNT - yes, definitely some interesting scenes in film today! Some a bit scary/freaky and some quite erotic girl on girl stuff too!! Natalie Portman is fantastic in it too, I heard she trained in ballet for a year beforehand to get it right!

I'm feeling really restless tonight and impatient!! This month's TWW is too long already and I'm only about 2 or 3dpo!!

Evening ladies :hugs:

How are u all?

Never - aww them dogs are well cute, specially Lincoln :) it plan sounds good to me girl :thumbup:

Jus waiting for my pizza to cook :) day off tomorrow :happydance: wahoo

Who's next to test??

Xxxxx

Lezze - :haha: the tww is a KILLER!! Spesh if ur like I was - on google every 5mins symptom spotting :haha: fxd for u my dear :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->