Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

he will be here about three weeks leeze :) going to spain and amsterdam with him so it should be fun. not sure i will be ovulating when he is here so not trying to put too much hope into it..

Hi Ladies! Just stopping in to say hi! :) I hope everyone is doing well!

he will be here about three weeks leeze :) going to spain and amsterdam with him so it should be fun. not sure i will be ovulating when he is here so not trying to put too much hope into it..

that's a shame if you don't ovulate while he's here - but if he's here for 3 weeks then you could still make it given the swimmers can last for up to a week inside you? But probably good not to get your hopes up too much just in case. Spain and Amsterdam - both lovely places. I think Amsterdam is so romantic, and Spain will be lovely and warm with great food!!! xxx

Thanks Leeze. We are looking forward to both! I went to London last month and just loved it. Some friends and I are going back in November. I can't wait!

Hi ladies, I have lurked on this thread for ages and wonder if I could ask some advice from the pregnant ladies who took Maca.

OH and I took Maca, albeit only 500mg capsule per day and I got my BFP on 30th May 2011 after only taking it a few weeks. Unfortunately I miscarried on the 17th June and had an emergency D&C on the 18th June. I was very ill for a couple of weeks after. We then both started taking Maca again and on the 16th July I got my BFP!! No AF in between.

My question is, did you ladies continue to take it for the first trimester? I didn't stop taking it last time, which obviously didn't make any difference or hopefully cause the MC but I am so paranoid this time around. I haven't stopped yet for fear of upsetting my hormones (stupid I know!) so I just really wanted to know what the general consensus is? continue until 12 weeks...or wean myself off it :shrug:

Thanks for any advice :hugs::hugs:

I didn't take it while pregnant as not enough research has been done, although I'm sure it's safe.

Hello everyone :wave: this thread is so quiet these days!

X x x

Thanks SBB :flower: did you just stop taking it or wean off it. I am stressing over tipping the hormone scales wonky :wacko:

I don't remember but think I just stopped. You could just lower the dose over a couple of weeks down to nothing...

X x x

Thanks so much :winkwink: I've opened a capsule and poured half the contents out so will try that for a week and just keep lowering it :flower:

HELLO EVERYONE :D

how are you all!?? missed you all :hugs:

sorry ive been MIA, been having a few problems... Kiara is all good, heres the link to my birth story
https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...birth-story-my-lil-girl-first-time-mummy.html

now too catch up :haha:

xxxx

Yazzy - thats lovely your friend has asked you to be godmother :) aww!! did you O??

Dandy - see you soon chick!! you better bring a :bfp: with ya ;)

Never - are you with hubby now?? hope your having a lovely time :) well im sure you are!! i love spain, soo nice

lezze - argh not long till you have baby!! congratz on finding out your expecting a lil lady :D lots of pink ;)

Sbb - loving your avatar!! sammuel is soo cute!!

Celtic - how was the christening?? i want to see pics :D

:hi: to everyone else!!!!! mucho love :flower:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey char! She is so gorgeous! How are you coping?

Sorry I haven't read your birth story, I still find it really hard to read others stories :blush:

Hope you are both doing really well :hugs:

X x x

Just a quick HI and wanted to catch up with you all

Char she is beautiful.. congrats again

sounds like everyone is getting along fine.....this thread sure isn't what is was like a year ago... :( but I truly have nothing to input anymore....:( ...... because TTC is far from my mind now...... not my first priority anymore

Jeff and I are going to start the process of purchasing a second home for a vacation place.... we just need a place that we can go to on the weekends to get away :) very excited..... looking at buying something near a lake in Pennsylvania and ski resorts

I did want to drop in with some news....... My brother and his wife had their baby on July 15th, 2011--- lil baby Giavonna Lynn... weighing in at 8 pounds 21 inches long and she is just perfect and beautiful in every way..... of course I was on vacation when it happened so I had to wait an entire week to see her............blahhhhhhhhhhhhh

sooooooooooooo I hope everyone is happy and healthy and enjoying your little bubbas and to everyone expecting.. wishing you a wonderful pregnancy

my hubby holding her
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284978_2257376281001_1446205417_32623110_7650591_n.jpg

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223882_2257379001069_1446205417_32623113_3128896_n.jpg

me holding her

https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/216608_2258391986393_1446205417_32624682_5936479_n.jpg

Hi everyone!! :hi:

SBB - lovely to see you - Sammuel gets more gorgeous every time I see a picture of him!! How's things with you?

Glowstar - I'd say stop taking maca as soon as possible after you get your BFP - I don't think you need to reduce gradually or anything like that. Everything I read about it said stop taking when you get BFP because there's not enough research been done about how safe it might be. Congrats on your maca BFP, by the way!!

Char - good to see you back here. Kiara is absolutely adorable. How lovely and exciting to be a new mummy!!!

Kel - Giavonna is gorgeous too - and looks so happy in your arms. How exciting to be getting a vacation place - sounds like a great idea.

Not much going on for me at the moment. The buyers for the flat fell through (2nd ones we've had) so things are very much up in the air with that. Very annoying and frustrating but not much we can do. I had a bladder infection last week, apparently really common during pregnancy. Was pretty painful but is all cleared up now. Hoping my maternity leave hurries up now - feeling quite tired by being at work full-time.

Sending big hugs to all :hugs:

Kell shes so lovely, and so tiny!!!

Leeze we are all good thank you, sammuel is just so gorgeous! He's so cute I almost can't cope!!! Not too long for you now :happydance: Sorry the sale fell through :(

How are TNT and the twinnies doing - I need an update from her!!!

X x x

Hey everyone, just saw a few people had popped in on this thread so thought i'd see how you all are and update on me aswell.

Char - she is a real cutie, just read your birth story and the last part was a bit scary but glad it all turned out ok and you have a healthy, gorgeous little girl :)

Leeze - hope all is well and you are resting lots. Sorry to hear the buyers pulled out of the flat, so annoying.

SBB - hey, hows that cute little man of yours?

Kel - love the pic of you holding your niece :)

Dandy - how is everything going?

Never - hey hun! Sounds like you've got some great travel plans :)

AFM - well the 100mg clomid did make me O on day 18 so that was good, but unfortunately AF got me 16 days later. So as it is now just under 9 months til I get married (!!!!) we are putting ttc on hold. We aren't doing anything to prevent it but I will be doing my best for us not to get pregnant before the end of the year. I am completely happy with this and for the first time in the last year relaxed about it all. I want to enjoy planning my wedding and then we will start trying again in January 2012...its only 6 months away. We can then hopefully be celebrating having a baby later in 2012. So loads of exciting things going on and all is good here :)

Yazzy that's great I'm so glad you're chilled and have the wedding and everything else to look forward to! hopefully it will mean a lovely bfp just when you want it and with no stress!

X x x

Thanks SBB thats the plan, I honestly feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders not having the stress of bd'ing at the right time and taking clomid etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->