Reusable Nappies - Some help please??

T

TashaAndBump

Hello all,

I see there are lots of threads about cloth nappies and to a degree they have been helpful to me, to another they have baffled me further!!

There are still so many different types of nappies and knowing where to start is eluding me....

I have read advice from other mums (though everyone seems to be saying something different!) and I'm thinking of either a) buying a couple of packs of Kushies all-in-one nappies (available from mothercare https://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000JSUAMQ/sr=1-7/qid=1202157846/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&mcb=core ) or b) getting a number of individual nappies that I've like the look of*

My question is, does anyone have any experience with the kushies nappies (or a similar all in one design with sewn-in wrap) and would you reccomend them? Or would you reccomend my buying several different nappies from different suppliers? Do you think that if I get the amount I'm thinking about* it will be enough?

Thanks for any advice you can give me girls! I'd really appreciate some insight here!

(**was thinking 1 tots bots bamboozle nappy, 1 tots bots fluffles nappy, 1 Bravo birth-to-potty terry shaped nappy, 1 bamboo lovable nappy from Nature babies, 1 tots bots shaped cotton terry nappy, 1 diddle diaper shaped cotton nappy, 4 wraps and a sample pack from modernbaby that contains one shaped cotton nappy, one shaped bamboo nappy, one bamboo prefold nappy, and 2 PUL waterproof wraps.)

I decided on disposables, but my SIL uses kushies and she said they are great

I personally would avoid Kushies like the plague, but thats my personal preferece, other people may think they are great. Your second idea sounds the best, even better would be to see if your council do a nappy trial kit where you could try before you buy so to speak. This way you could see what system suits you the best.

As to what system is the best, it depends on your circumstances, i.e. washing and drying, cost, etc etc. The nappylady do tailored advice which might help
https://www.thenappylady.co.uk/

Thanks beanie - do you think it will be enough to get what I'm thinking about?

Does anyone know of any good cloth nappies in Australia? I'd love to use them too, but I would really like some that would fit a newborn baby a bit better than a big cloth nappy.

I'd shop online, Sarah. But you could try searching for services in your area - there's bound to be some out there. You're best bet is to find an agent in your area of there are any, who can show you the different types and give you advice on which ones to get to suit your needs - she may even be able to order them for you, too.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you :)

The recommended amount is 15 nappies and 4 wraps (ifyou are using ones with wraps). This will be enough to do a wash every other day - every 3 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->