Reusable vs Disposable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I had the same reaction from my family. Reguardless, clothbare on the rise for sure. I only used disposables with Ramsay because I knew nothing about cloth, then. Now it seems like they are everywhere!

People shouldn't be so sensitive. Disposables are handy in certain cases but if everyone used cloth we as a whole would ALL benefit.

We would all benefit from a huge revamp in agricultural policies and a ban on genetically altered food, corn being put into everything and the extreme use of chemicals in our food supply...but sadly thats never gonna happen.

Reason why i say that is its not us mothers fault that diaper companies put unnecessary things in their diapers same as we have no control over what is put in our foods :nope:. And some of us just cant afford the eco friendly ones. Some brands are quite literally twice the price of the brand I use.

Quite personally i just dont like cloth diapers. And even if i did my silly washing machine is always on the fritz.
I know for myself, I buy organic. Trust me, I know how scary even just veggies are. I do my best to avoid hormonally enhanced/spliced foods. Not everyone does but everyone should. You can afford it provided you shop smartly. Maybe not all the time, but I do believe effort should be made. Not because it is evil or wrong to eat chemically enhanced food, just because it is better for them as well as the environment.

I grew up in a pretty hippie area and it is popular to be eco friendly. When I went to the Netherlands I was amazed by how little they did for the environment, etc. i guess it is different dependent on area.

And Desi... You are a bad woman for using disposables. A bad, sinister woman. ;)

I am a bad person xD but not for my choice in diapers but because the organic produce i buy for Syri tends to find a way of losing its sticker...which means the cashiers ring it up as regular. :blush: :haha:

Maybe now that Syri is older, i could see switching to cloth for the cute/eco factor when we get a new washing machine that isnt broken every other week but its just the idea of having to wash poo out of a diaper that really makes me :sick:

I've switched a few people to cloth nappies, and amber teething necklaces :rofl:

They wear them either on wrists/ankles/necks and when the amber heats up against the body it's a natural pain reliever.
I swear by Max's lol

They wear them either on wrists/ankles/necks and when the amber heats up against the body it's a natural pain reliever.
I swear by Max's lol

never knew that, i just thought they were something hard to chew on! are they like really hard? joels jaws could break glass :shrug: he has a vibrating teether hes been using and this thing that looks like a toothbrush but he can gold it and it has rubber nodules on it, he loves that one. Oh and sophie la giraffe :thumbup:

Falko has the lighter amber.

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/407677_3048369771296_1324759268_4539355_1746707979_n.jpg?dl=1

I swear by Max's lol

never knew that, i just thought they were something hard to chew on! are they like really hard? joels jaws could break glass :shrug: he has a vibrating teether hes been using and this thing that looks like a toothbrush but he can gold it and it has rubber nodules on it, he loves that one. Oh and sophie la giraffe :thumbup:

Amber is not for chewing! The necklace should never be so long they can put it in their mouth.

Max's is a dark split amber one :haha: you can just about see it in my sig :p

Kailee has a light amber necklace she always wore it even when not teething and she never really complained for any of her teeth when they came in so i think it worked

Thanks everyone! Gonna look in to getting one. Sorry for hijacking your thread Charlotte :flow:

Just got one, thanks Sarah! Cute site, I never knew what Sophie the Giraffe even was until now, thought it was just a toy :dohh:

I looked at gettng one for Connor... Never got round to it though. Do you think it's too late now? He's got 8 teeth :haha:

Never too late :haha: Max still wears his, i am thinking of getting Harriet one and Max a new one in the bigger size as both have all their teeth minus the four back ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back