Reusable vs Disposable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about eco sposies? Ok theyre not perfect for the environment and still take a long time BUT they have no chemicals!

I occasionally do when they are on offer. But being a student I need to save all the pennies I can.

(and I know cloth is cheaper etc... but I have stated my reasons.)

Got to love the if you're not doing it my way you're doing it wrong attitude.

Yes there are chemicals in disposable nappies and if a baby was having reactions to them they yes moving onto cloth is probably best but if there has been no reaction, no rash how is that harming them?
Not everyone has the choice anyway, money for one, yes in the long run they may be cheaper but there is the initial expense, extra washing and electric. If someone hasn't got a washing machine are they supposed to hand wash? I have had to do that in the past and it was not a nice experience I also have a skin problem on my hands and ended up with my hands being cut and bleeding. I would hardly say that it was lazy to switch to disposables.
If using disposable nappies makes life a little easier for a struggling parent and their child is happy then I think that's great.

I was going to say that too!
Not all of our disposables nappies are disposed in the same way,so thats jumping to conclusions really.Mine also go outside straight into the wheely bin,in a nappy sack.

I can assure everyone my food isn't contaminated lool

If max's poos are contaminating my food (through 4 doors and in completely different rooms , wrapped in nappy bags in a special bin) then its making my cooking darn tasty :thumbup:

haha some of the comments on here are stupid lol

fair enough laura, i know what you mean.

eco sposies should be cheaper, they could do with making them softer and more advertised.

haha some of the comments on here are stupid lol

fair enough laura, i know what you mean.

eco sposies should be cheaper, they could do with making them softer and more advertised.

Yeah you have to really hunt and some places will stock them then not have them for months. I switch brands all the time (whatever's on offer)

Hey I thought my cooking comment was a fair point :haha: but I understand, some people do seem to post to cause controversy

I use sposies from birth, simply because I don't want to use cloth. And I can assure you I am not harming my child. Some babies skins are too sensitive for disposibles, hence why they have rashes etc. But my child isn't. She's never had nappy rash, why should she? She poo's I change her. Simple as. Nothing harmful about it. Honestly, it's not the end of the world. She's not gonna drop dead tomorrow.

There's chemicals in everything, So the argument about harming your child that way is ridiculous imo. Better not use cleaning products in that case, better not walk in the street, there's something harmful everywhere so tbh 'chemicals' in nappies are the LEAST of my worries.

Also, it's hardly laziness using disposibles. Seriously, come on. What's lazy about it? It's just a choice, something we make hundreds off a day and why people care so much about how other mums contain the poo on their children's bums is beyond me.

ETA - Just for those who are throwing about bizarre 'facts' about sposies : Mine don't smell. Fair enough I once bought cheap tesco ones that had a funky smell , but I just bought something else instead. LO's poos smell a million times worse than the nappies on her bum! My food does not smell of whatever poo Summer's done in a day, kinda impossible when they go straight in a nappy sack to the outside bin, as I imagine many people's do. :shrug:

what about eco sposies? Ok theyre not perfect for the environment and still take a long time BUT they have no chemicals!

I occasionally do when they are on offer. But being a student I need to save all the pennies I can.

This might help!

https://www.naty.com/uk/Coupon/tabid/330/Default.aspx

This might help!

https://www.naty.com/uk/Coupon/tabid/330/Default.aspx

Thank you! :thumbup: Will buy more nappies to add to my pile. (have boxes upon boxes in the wardroe :haha:)

People shouldn't be so sensitive. Disposables are handy in certain cases but if everyone used cloth we as a whole would ALL benefit.

We would all benefit from a huge revamp in agricultural policies and a ban on genetically altered food, corn being put into everything and the extreme use of chemicals in our food supply...but sadly thats never gonna happen.

Reason why i say that is its not us mothers fault that diaper companies put unnecessary things in their diapers same as we have no control over what is put in our foods :nope:. And some of us just cant afford the eco friendly ones. Some brands are quite literally twice the price of the brand I use.

Quite personally i just dont like cloth diapers. And even if i did my silly washing machine is always on the fritz.

Gosh, I know I was saying earlier about how I'm all for cloth but I really don't have anything against people who don't! I certainly don't think you are harming your children! Whereas if I used disposables on Isla, I kind of am harming her, she does get a really bad rash :( I can use creams to get rid of it I suppose, but I'd rather just stick with cloth to stop it in the first place. It's the same with baby wipes, they near enough take the skin off her, she's so ridiculously sensitive!

.....am I the only one that wanted to use cloth only because they are cute? haha

I do agree there should be more initiatives and advertisements for cloth - I had no idea about cloth nappies before I got pregnant. I do think some of these comments on here have been very harsh - disposables undeniably can harm your baby but doesn't mean every baby who's been in disposables has been harmed. How ridiculous. Joels never had a nasty bout of nappy rash and I very rarely use a barrier cream. I highly doubt my few months use of disposable use- due to my circumstances currently not being practical for cloth use- has fast tracked him to having all sorts of cancers. The only reason I feel guilty about disposables is the eco factor. I was mostly in disposables and my arse is fine.

Cari thats why i wanted them at first :rofl: until we realised pampers and huggies literally burned maxies bum, bless him.
Proper takes the skin off, even on his legs.. blood, scabs and sores. Poor dude.

Aw poor Max :(. Yeah we've never had a problem with rashes at all and I've used 5 or so different brands, honestly the only reason I want to switch is because they are cute, the whole eco thing wasn't really a factor for me, lol.

I love cloth :haha: But now Connor's in nursery a lot more, it's easier to use disposables :( He gets nappy rash a lot more now :(

People shouldn't be so sensitive. Disposables are handy in certain cases but if everyone used cloth we as a whole would ALL benefit.

We would all benefit from a huge revamp in agricultural policies and a ban on genetically altered food, corn being put into everything and the extreme use of chemicals in our food supply...but sadly thats never gonna happen.

Reason why i say that is its not us mothers fault that diaper companies put unnecessary things in their diapers same as we have no control over what is put in our foods :nope:. And some of us just cant afford the eco friendly ones. Some brands are quite literally twice the price of the brand I use.

Quite personally i just dont like cloth diapers. And even if i did my silly washing machine is always on the fritz.
I know for myself, I buy organic. Trust me, I know how scary even just veggies are. I do my best to avoid hormonally enhanced/spliced foods. Not everyone does but everyone should. You can afford it provided you shop smartly. Maybe not all the time, but I do believe effort should be made. Not because it is evil or wrong to eat chemically enhanced food, just because it is better for them as well as the environment.

I grew up in a pretty hippie area and it is popular to be eco friendly. When I went to the Netherlands I was amazed by how little they did for the environment, etc. i guess it is different dependent on area.

And Desi... You are a bad woman for using disposables. A bad, sinister woman. ;)

I also want to say I love that cloth is on the rise. It is very clear they are becoming more popular after a long period of no one using them. Of course it will take a while for people to learn about it. But they are and it is great. :D

I think a lot of people think they are still just like old fashion cloth. When I told my mom I was switching she assumed they were like the ones she used on us until I showed her how they are now, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"