Routan Boom commercial

chefamy1122

hating infertility
Reaction score
Not sure if this commercial is getting any airplay outside of the US, but if it is, are you ladies as offended by it as I am? I just fired off an email to several people at VW asking them to please consider pulling this commercial, as it is extremely upsetting to anyone struggling with infertility. I thought it may just be me, but I found a blog where a TON of people were complaining about it, so it made me feel better!

We don't get it babe, what they saying? XXX

we do !!! i hate it !!!!
you are not the only one ...

oh and i was very surprise brooke shield played in it too !!

oh and i was very surprise brooke shield played in it too !!

I know!! For someone who had such a struggle with her post partum depression, you would think she would be a little more understanding about how sensitive a subject this can be!

There are several different commercials, but all with the same general point. Here is one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3qoCu29-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZSxFLcMVg

This one even mentions something about fertility treatments in it... b/c you know that is definitely something to make a joke about..... assholes!

i was telling my husband about it couples days ago how i was surprise they did not hear complains yet and remove the adds...but i guess not...

I just wonder what idiot in their marketing dept created it!

OMG i totally get it, i have been sat here open mouthed, so glad we dont get that ad in the u.k :hugs: to u all that have to see this every day. DH told me to stop watching it, luckily he could say that and i could turn it off but not if it's in ur face with everyday, u shouldnt have to put up with this. XXX

I just saw this stupid commercial again!!

Here is a copy of the email I sent to VW.

Good afternoon-I am writing to let you know how offensive I find your new Routan Boom commercials to be. As a 28 year old woman struggling with infertility, I am shocked that anyone would find jokes about what is such a sensitive subject to so many couples to be funny. My husband and I have spent thousands of dollars on unsuccessful fertility treatments, and to watch a commercial that mentions fertility drugs in a joking fashion is like a slap in the face every time this commercial is aired.
I am sure that my one little email will probably go unanswered, and you will probably get a big laugh out of it, but I felt the need to send it. Please consider pulling this ad.

Thank you

where did you send it exactly? i want to do one!!!

WOW I thought I was the only one that was paturbed by this ad.... And like you Miel I am shocked that Brook Shields is the spokes person for the campaign....

Ill send an email too....

okay mods -- can I post the info on here or do I just send PMs to everybody?

I think if we try hard enough we can get a shitload of BnB girls on em!

URgh, thank goodness we don't get those here. What inconsiderate assholes!

I say go ahead and post the info here in this thread.... ;)

Sweet thanks Suz!

Volkswagen
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Drive
Herndon VA 20171

VP Prod Mktg & Strategy
Toscan Bennett 703-364-7000
[email protected]

VP Mktg
Tim Ellis 703-364-7000
[email protected]

CEO, EVP Volkswagen Brand
Stefan Jacoby 703-364-7000