SAHM's... Do you get a lie in at the weekend?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
My OH never gets up with LO at the weekend to give me a lie in.. Every time I ask him he says "I've been working all week, you get a lie in every day when LO has his nap"

I mean, seriously?! This REALLY winds me up. He thinks that because he works, that's his job done and I should do everything else. So bloody annoying!

Anyone's OH the same?

A lie in every couple of weeks would do me!

From day one i made it very clear to DH that i would also be getting lie in's. Now i lie in every saturday (not late, but still DH gets up with him) and then DH gets a lie in sunday. We both tend to wake at the same time in the week. I am very fortunate that DH has realised Isaac is our child and thus jobs (such as getting up with him at weekends) will be shared equally and fairly between us.

I wish :cry:

My Oh works 7 days a week so the only time I get a lie in is when he's on holidays. Roll on Christmas :haha:

From day one i made it very clear to DH that i would also be getting lie in's. Now i lie in every saturday (not late, but still DH gets up with him) and then DH gets a lie in sunday. We both tend to wake at the same time in the week. I am very fortunate that DH has realised Isaac is our child and thus jobs (such as getting up with him at weekends) will be shared equally and fairly between us.

I tried to lay the law down with OH when LO was born but he just won't let me have a lie in! So annoying! We all get up at the same time during the week so I think 1 lie in each on the weekend is fair but nope! Not according to OH!

yes every morning my husbands off he gets the kids up. and if he is off the next day he will get up in the night if they wake

I'm not a SAHM but when I was on mat leave my husband and I took turns to give each other a lie in. This weekend I've not been too well and my husband has been brilliant - giving me plenty of time to rest and a nice long lie in, despite him being in work all week and me having only been back for one part day. If one if us is I'll or extra tired, the other one gives them a chance to rest.

I am at home on maternity leave. On days OH is off he will get up fir the school run but if the baby is up, I'm up. I BF so can't do a whole lot about it. If he'll go back to snooze then I do too.

Yes, I lie in on Saturday and my OH takes our baby for a walk / plays with him downstairs or whatever they choose to do and on Sunday he gets to have a lie in.

In the week I always get up early with our LO and handle all the night wakings.

I'm not a SAHM but when I was on mat leave my husband and I took turns to give each other a lie in. This weekend I've not been too well and my husband has been brilliant - giving me plenty of time to rest and a nice long lie in, despite him being in work all week and me having only been back for one part day. If one if us is I'll or extra tired, the other one gives them a chance to rest.

I'm not well either, been ill for 5 days and OH still gave me the "I've been working all week" bullsh!t when I asked him to get up with LO 😞 he's not got up with LO once since he's been born. So fricken lazy!!

My DH works shifts so if hes home when the kids get up and on his days off he gets up with them.

I wish :cry:

My Oh works 7 days a week so the only time I get a lie in is when he's on holidays. Roll on Christmas :haha:

I won't be getting a lie in at Christmas either according to OH... and he is off for 2 weeks! :nope:

I'm not well either, been ill for 5 days and OH still gave me the "I've been working all week" bullsh!t when I asked him to get up with LO 😞 he's not got up with LO once since he's been born. So fricken lazy!!

That's probably why you're not well! I've got some virus I can't shift - before LO I'd've rested lots and would've been better much quicker.

I really feel for women (and men!) whose partners see being a SAHP as easy.

:saywhat: Im genuinely shocked at that!

How does he think thats ok??

That's probably why you're not well! I've got some virus I can't shift - before LO I'd've rested lots and would've been better much quicker.

I really feel for women (and men!) whose partners see being a SAHP as easy.

I don't know what's wrong with me, at first I thought a bug but now I think it's a stomach ulcer. I hope your feeling better soon :flower:

It really annoys me that my husband thinks being a SAHP is easy. He has never had LO on his own for a couple of hours, never mind a whole day. He is scared and admits he probably wouldn't be able to cope so I don't see why he thinks it's fine to leave me 'coping' 7 days a week :shrug:

I really do not know! :shrug:

Yep! Sundays are officially my favourite day of the week. I even got a 2 hour nap yesterday arvo which would have been awesome of the reason was something other than me feeling unwell.

he needs a kick up the a$$! my husband works v long hours but will always help with kids when he can. he says my job is far harder than his.maybe leave him with baby for a day give him a taster of how hard u work!:haha:

Why dont you just not get up one saturday, would he be lazy enough to leave your son crying or would he grudgingly get up?
Our routine is a littke random on a fri night oh stays up until 3am watching tv etc ( totally fine by me im pregnant and dont expect him to go to bed at 9pm like me)
In this time he will settle baby all noght so I get a really good nights sleep and then in return he can sleep in until about 12 / 1pm.
On a sunday we both stay in bed until about 9/10 we take baby in bed with us until this time and im more than happy with this arrangement because I get off doing the night feeds on a fri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->