SAHM's... Do you get a lie in at the weekend?

I'm not a SAHM but when I was on mat leave my husband and I took turns to give each other a lie in. This weekend I've not been too well and my husband has been brilliant - giving me plenty of time to rest and a nice long lie in, despite him being in work all week and me having only been back for one part day. If one if us is I'll or extra tired, the other one gives them a chance to rest.

I'm not well either, been ill for 5 days and OH still gave me the "I've been working all week" bullsh!t when I asked him to get up with LO 😞 he's not got up with LO once since he's been born. So fricken lazy!!

:saywhat: Im genuinely shocked at that!

How does he think thats ok??

he needs a kick up the a$$! my husband works v long hours but will always help with kids when he can. he says my job is far harder than his.maybe leave him with baby for a day give him a taster of how hard u work!:haha:

Yes he does need a kick up the ass! Totally agree! I have said I am going to go out one day and leave LO at home with him and he said he won't be able to cope because LO only likes me :shrug: pretty sure he is just saying that as an excuse though!

My OH starts work at 2pm so we alternate night feeds and whoever did the night feed gets the lie in, so we basically take it in turns every night.

Although I still have to wake him up to do his night feed because he's such a heavy sleeper so I can't win either way, lol.

Why dont you just not get up one saturday, would he be lazy enough to leave your son crying or would he grudgingly get up?
Our routine is a littke random on a fri night oh stays up until 3am watching tv etc ( totally fine by me im pregnant and dont expect him to go to bed at 9pm like me)
In this time he will settle baby all noght so I get a really good nights sleep and then in return he can sleep in until about 12 / 1pm.
On a sunday we both stay in bed until about 9/10 we take baby in bed with us until this time and im more than happy with this arrangement because I get off doing the night feeds on a fri.

I'm sure he would get up eventually but by that point LO will be screaming the place down and the OH would be in a bad mood and then I'd end up taking over. At the weekend OH only goes to bed at 3am and complains if I wake him up before 11am :nope:

Not until number two came along....now I do a first thing in the morning breastfeed with dd2 while he gets up and gets dd1 milk then they both come cuddle in bed or does nappy/breakfast if she's pooped/hungry.
Does that count as a lie in? Lol!

Nope. I got woken up by my toddler poking me in the eyes this morning!

Don't really mind as he works really hard during the week too

I do all the night feeds but we both have a lie on on dh's day off, babies included!

No, but I'm awake before they wake up and just can't switch off and rest at the moment. That's my issue though, OH wouldn't be pissed off if I did want a lie-in, he often offers to get up wih Alex. It works both ways in a relationship and your OH sounds totally out of order.

No, but I'm awake before they wake up and just can't switch off and rest at the moment. That's my issue though, OH wouldn't be pissed off if I did want a lie-in, he often offers to get up wih Alex. It works both ways in a relationship and your OH sounds totally out of order.

Yeah it does work both ways! I tell him he is out of order but he just gives me a funny look that says he doesn't know why. I wouldn't change my son for the world and I love my husband to bits but I really believed he would help out more when I was pregnant. How wrong was I! :(

I am a WAHM and early on I did all the night feeds and I blew up and I told him to sleep at his desk for all I care, I need to sleep so I don't drop the baby during the day because I am so exhausted.

He got much better with it after seeing how much I was struggling and now we take turns with the night feeds. Right now he is sleeping and has been for the last 5 hours and then I suspect I will go to bed at 1am after I pump and he will take care of the night feedings even though he has work in the morning and he will most likely wake me up at around 7 or 8am when he is getting ready for work so that I can pump and he can take care of her until I am done, showered and ready to start my day.

Every other Sunday I go out with my sisters for a few hours. We have brunch and then depending on who is hosting (we rotate) we spend a few hours there or go catch a movie, get massages or manicures or something and I get some me time away from her and he gets to spend the day with her and have a chance to bond and also see what I go through lol.

When I am hosting then we either go out for brunch or I cook and then my sisters come here and play with Zoe so they get their time in with her too but occasionally we still go out so he knows that those days are his which I think is fair.

Your DH has me sitting over here steaming, wanting to kick my own DH in the arse...

How can he even act like that? It's completely disrespectful of you. DH gets up some mornings grudgingly, but at least he does it at all! Don't let him treat you like this, cause it'll never end. :(

I am always on night duty, always have been, so OH gets up when baby gets up. However, we all have to get up around 6.30am on weekdays, and as that's often when LO wakes, it doesn't make a lot of difference. I'm a morning person anyway, so the longest I think I've ever 'lain in' apart from when I was sick, is 7.30am. Does that count?

Sophie sleeps in my room, so no. We all get up at 5:40 on the week days and about 6am on the weekend.

This will sound sickening but I love my mornings with the kids. They are cheerful and co-operative and I like to bustle around and get things done.

Even though DH often gets Ariana in the morning on the weekends, I'm wide awake anyway, so I get up with them. Sometimes I take an afternoon nap though which is nice.

I work 7 days a fortnight and am home with DS the rest of the time. He will be 2 in January and I'm yet to get a lie in :( Most of the time I don't mind but it WILL be changing when no.2 arrives in March. I don't mind being up with one but I'm not going to be outnumbered at 6am!

On Saturdays DH takes DS to the pools for a few hours and I clean the house (like a frantic madwoman) then lie down on the couch and watch telly or read a book. I also nap when he does on my days off since I've been pregnant.

We alternate . Saturdays I get to sleep in for an hour after kids are up so (7-8) and Sunday he gets the same . I think it's fair to get a sleep in to catch up . Babies are hard work

Yep babies definately are hard work. I think that husband of mine needs a kick up the backside. He's been off work today because I'm not well and he's spent the majority of the day playing GTA5!!!

Not really but if I'm too tired then my DH will get up with LO so I can get some more sleep.

I wake up anyway, but no neither of us have a lie in. Now we have two there's not a hope in hell! But we have big dogs anyway so even when my mum had dd1 overnight we still would get up early to let them out etc

I don't really ever get a lie in, but to be honest, part of the reason is because if OH gets up with LO, I will hear them and end up waking up too. Also OH does not think "I know I will get up with LO". I would have to ask him to, and by the time I have done that and he has faffed around, I am too awake to go back to sleep.

However, I do sometimes go for a nap when LO is asleep, especially in the week... but I am almost 8 months pregnant, so things are catching up with me.

I let OH have a lie in on at least one of the weekend days, providing I feel like he has been working hard... which 95% of the time he has. Generally I let him lie in for an extra hour or 2 on a Saturday, but make him get up with me and LO on a Sunday.

I don't think there is always a right or wrong answer. My OH definitely gets more lie ins than me. And he generally does not get up in the night with LO. However, as well as working a very demanding job 5 days a week. He does alot of manual DIY building work both evenings and weekends, so I do like to make his life as easy as I can. He is far from lazy. And I know he would much rather be playing with LO than doing our house up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->