Sandwich fillers

I asked bout the 50/50 think I was a nightmare to be honest I was asking loads of stuff as having an 8month old it was so relevent for me. LOL

She said that it is better than white to give after one but not as good as wholemeal and not to buy just brown as it has exactly the same nutrients as white except it's dyed so always opt for wholegrain or wholemeal after 1. She did panic a bit when everyone was up in arms over the white bread statement. I think her main point was to balance everything. I have given wholewheat bread cause I have a five year old that won't eat it.

Marmite is ok now and again I think.

Mum2b - the course is really good, tells you how many servings of fruit veg, protein etc they should be having at certain times and ages, I'm enjoying it...it is baffling at times though...lol

So what is the problem with bread anyway - is it the worry of too much salt?
Izzy doesn't really eat much anyway so its not a problem...but I would of thought an easy solution was to make your own bread?
I put hardly any salt and sugar in the bread I make.

this is a really helpful thread I was just going to post a similar one as Myles has started to have finger foods now, so far I have only tried philadelphia and dairylea in sandwiches and was wondering what else to make, would some pureed chicken be ok do you think - would be a bit like pate maybe? thought I could mix in some pureed apple too? I am going to try tuna mayo tomorrow I think.

I had no idea two slices was the maximum they can have, M usually only has one slice atm, he gets porridge for breakfast with the occasional bit of our toast and a hot dinner for one meal.

Izzy doesn't really eat much anyway so its not a problem...but I would of thought an easy solution was to make your own bread?

Yeah it's the salt.
I put only a tiny amount of salt into the bread I make but it's always a bit heavy and doughy, might try half wholemeal half white flour.

Thanks guys - who'd have thought weaning would be this complicated!!!

Yeah it's the salt.
I put only a tiny amount of salt into the bread I make but it's always a bit heavy and doughy, might try half wholemeal half white flour.

lol that is how I make it, half and half!!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->