Savings

Zizzle

Reaction score
How much do you aim to have in savings? I need to start saving in 2014 and I'm just curious to know the average amount people have tucked away for a rainy day.

We don't have any whatsoever :( every time we manage to save a bit of money something breaks!

we always have a "buffer" of £500; no more and if we can help it no less. this is simply "emergency money" and so its not savings as such. essentially we have no savings but hopefully we'll work on that a bit more this year cos we really HAVE to move.

Nothing. We have too many debts to pay atm to justify any savings. We are really irresponsible with money so need to better than this year and then save!

We have currently around £3k in a savings account. We are looking at saving £400 per month this year the upping it to £800 per month next year after we have paid off the car.

We are saving for a deposit on a 2nd house.

Currently £0.

This year, "spare money" I'm trying to save to get me through some courses, nails, spray tanning, etc so I can become mobile and earn my own money.

In about 18 months all our debts will be paid off so hopefully that will be when we start to save.

We have about £200 but we have just bought a telly so it's lower than it was. I'd like to save about £200 a month this year because we are thinking of getting a puppy

£0

Everything I did have has gone into furniture/ applicants/ flooring since we moved in January.

£1600 but it will probably be spent as my mat pay isn't enough compared to my normal pay

Ive got about 1.200 so hoping I can get it to 2.000 by next year

Just over £3000 at the moment, saving for a house deposit!

I got none. Its so hard to save with bloody debts. Better to get them paid off first then save. Itll be a good 3 or 4 years until my debts have cleared.

I have 25k and another 15k inheritance that my dad has saved for me from my grandma. I'm 28 so have been saving for about ten years and I still live with parents so its been easy to save even five hundred a month some months. I'm saving for my own house. Xx

I would like to save between £50-100 a month this seems reasonable and once were use to putting money away the next year we will start saving alot once our debts have gone for our first home.

We have a few different savings accounts. We have an ISA which is hard for us to access and has our house fund in, nearly have enough for a house deposit in there but can't move anytime soon so we are just adding to it to get as big of a deposit as possible. We have a "contingency" account which I can access straight away online, that is for more short term things that we save for throughout the year, ATM there's only £350 in there as it got wiped out by new baby and Christmas, but we put £350 a month in there and don't have anything to save for ATM so that'll build up quickly (but usually gets spent just as quickly lol). We have a Christmas saver that we set some money aside each month into to ease up Christmas especially as DS2's birthday is that month and our anniversary. Then the boys each have a savings account, they have about £1000 in and we just put £10 a month into that atm but hope to increase that when I'm not on mat leave. We also have our own personal accounts that we each save up our own "pocket money" into so we can treat ourselves. It's taken us a while to get into the habit of saving, but once started I found it quite addictive lol!

I have about £6000 across different accounts, DH has maybe slightly more

We put most of what we can save into retirement accounts. We have a few months emergency fund should something happen to DH's job and the rest goes toward paying off student loans.

Wow! I think I'm inspired to make more of an effort to save now; you ladies are clearly very committed and good with your money.

I agree with Marinewag, the more I save the more I think about what I'm spending, it is quite addictive!

£300, but as I have a £950 overdraft and £150 to pay on the cc I really have £0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->